Notices
Vehicles for sale Post vehicles for sale only

RARE!!! 1971 AN600 Sedan [complete] - Northern California

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 08:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RARE!!! 1971 AN600 Sedan [complete] - Northern California

Well, i dunno how many of you are into vintage Hondas here if any, but I'm spreading the word:

i was holding out as long as possible, but it looks as though I will not be keeping the N600.
we have a new baby boy (born in May) and we're trying to get all our extra bills paid off.

details:
'71 N600 Sedan Tawney(?) Yellow

* 21,000K+ on the dials, actual mileage unverifiable but the guy i bought it from said he didn't think the ODO had flipped but I can't vouch for that
* runs strong, would get up to 65-70 on the freeway coming out of the foothills on US50 (Tahoe > Sacramento area)
* radio (AM) and all gauges except the fuel work
* dash has two small cracks
* windshield has one rock chip but never affected it
* one newer kumho tire, rest are about 5+ years old but still good tread & no cracking
* body is decently straight grill and hood have a slight frown
* paint is okay, has rock chips and has been repainted on the hood/fenders and has chips
* chrome bumpers are in decent shape
* headliner still intact, although a little dingy (more cream than white now)
* not a show car, but could be w/ some work
* pretty sure its the syncromesh tranny cus i never had an issue w/ shifting into low gears

this is a rare car.
only imported to the states from 1970-1972 (1969 in Hawaii - approx. 250-300 cars only) and only about 3500-4000 of them ever brought into the states total.
given the years, it's getting harder and harder to find a complete chassis w/ matching #'s in running condition.
if you're familiar with these cars, you'll realize that this is only going to go up in value as the years pass and more of them end up going to the scrap yard or rot away in a field someplace.

if you're not familiar with these cars, it is Honda's first automobile in the united states.
it is powered by a front mounted 600cc aircooled twin cylinder engine.
it's front wheel drive and slightly smaller than an original Mini Cooper but amazingly will seat four people.

unfortunately, we need to get some bills paid off and prepare for single income family living.
looking for around $3,000.

pics:

plenty more photos here:
photo gallery

I've owned it for about 6 years.
been a great little car but over the past year the fuel pump went and it sat too long.
was originally stored in NV in an enclosed airplane hanger, so it was blocked form the elements and was not exposed to moisture so there is not a ton of rust, which is good.
needs door seals, some oil on the window regs, door locks and handles & a good detail, but other than that it's in pretty decent shape.
the seats are complete but the fronts have cracked on the seat portion and the rear has sun rot along the top (which i covered w/ black duct tape as a temp fix).
I drove it to work on occasion the first few years I had it and then our insurance company changed and they wouldn't cover it because of it's age and cc size (whatever that's about).
so i couldn't renew the reg and it expired so it is overdue.
that was 2005, since then i'd just drive it to the grocery store once a month or so to keep it running well.
but after the fuel pump went i haven't found the time to fix it.
I prolly will have it fixed, reg'd, new carpet and detailed before it sells unless someone wants it as is.

Let me know if you're interested via email (dbl_a11 @ yahoo . com) and please pass the word on to anyone you know that may be interested.
Thanks!
~poz

Modified by N600 at 10:20 AM 10/16/2007
Old 10-08-2007, 08:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

bing, bong.
Old 10-15-2007, 07:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (N600)

bump for you and a rare piece of honda's history
Old 10-15-2007, 09:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (EF Sedan Enthusiast)

Awesome

wish i had the coin to tuck this lil'chick away.

gl w/ the sale