Notices
Vehicles for sale Post vehicles for sale only

1997 VW JOLF - Cheap reliable transportstion - Tri-State area

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2004, 01:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1997 VW JOLF - Cheap reliable transportstion - Tri-State area

Currently the price is $2400/obo I made a new thread because the other thread(s) had the prices in the title and I wanted the flexibility of being able to change the price.

I REALLY need to sell the car. I've already found a replacement that I need to close the deal on ASAP before someone else scoops it up, haha.

Im taking a HUGE hit selling the car for $2300/obo. But I just have no interest in keeping it. I owe around $3400 on it (not a bank loan... no worries) so the closest I can get to my asking price the better

I'm willing to drive within a reasonable distance to deliver or meet the buyer. The closer, the better - I'll have to arrange a ride back from my wife and she's pretty booked.

Here are the goods on the car:
-AC light mod (I know...ooooohhh)
-Jetta front end
-DUAL front airbags
-Factory Tape Player
-Working AC
-Heated seats
-Black interior
-2.0L 8v with almost 124k miles (runs great)
-Electric tilt and slide sunroof
-Electric adjustable mirrors
-5sp (shifts great)
-4 doors
-14" snowflake wheels
-Electric door locks
-MANUAL windows (thank god!)
-Factory alarm
-Hollowed cat
-New plugs, cap, rotor, front motor mount

Just got some new front tires and wheels. They are 14" bottlecap wheels with NEW Pirelli tires - I can either keep them on the bottlecaps or switch them over to the snowflakes. Whatever the buyer wants

The bads:
-Needs to be repaired or replaced: Drivers front fender, drivers front door skin, drivers mirror (Only the mirror would need replacing to pass inspection)
-3-4" crack in front bumper (Would be completely covered by a front liscense plate)
-Needs to be unlocked from the pass. side (there is a DIY for it in the Golf/Jetta III FAQ on vwvortex.com)
-Front pads are low, will need replacing soon.

In the past I posted that it didnt have a cat but I went out to measure the exhaust piping to order a new cat... turns out there IS A CAT! Its there but turns out its just hollowed out. I know it'll pass NJ inspection because on 96 and newer they just check the daignostics port...there are no codes stored

The car is being sold as-is

CURRENT PICS! - taken 29May2004 (these do not depict the bottlecap wheels up front obviously)
I know the car is dirty - but wouldnt ya know when I washed it it started POURING rain seconds later

Front Shots:

Side Shot:

Rear Shots:

The Damage:

Holy Crap! It can even fly!