Notices
Vehicles for sale Post vehicles for sale only

1994 Accord EX Sedan for sale - 3,000 OBO!

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 05:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1994 Accord EX Sedan for sale - 3,000 OBO!

Hey guys, just picked up a winter beater and need to sell the Accord.

I bought the car last year from a friend after I sold my RX-7. It's been insanely reliable (as any Honda should be) and I've enjoyed driving it very much. My reason for selling is because I have an 88 Daihatsu to drive in the winter and will be purchasing a new car next Spring after winter. Onto the specs:

1994 Honda Accord EX Sedan
4 speed automatic transmission
2.2 liter inline 4 cylinder VTEC
175k miles
Black exterior with charcoal interior

Since the car is an EX it comes loaded. Car has power windows, power locks, all wheel disc brakes, power driver's seat, A/C, power steering, VTEC engine, keyless entry, etc.

The car does have a few mods done to it. It has been tinted all the way around with 15% tint film. Also, it's been lowered with a Drop Zone coilover kit. The stock control arms were replaced with new ones from TASAuto.com and painted red and had Ingall's camber/caster kits installed on them. The rear also has been fitted with Ingall's rear camber kits. The car has a cheap eBay intake on it and just recently had a new air filter put on it. Car also comes with a brand new Interstate battery. It also has a few other small things like clear lenses, different shift handle, etc. Also, it's got the pretty rare front cornering lights on the front bumper that was a dealer option installed when the car was brand new and also has the OEM fog lights. Originally the car had 17" rims on it, but those are now gone and the car will be sold with the stock 15" rims with brand new Blizzak REVO 1 winter tires. Also, the car has a remote start system with pager alarm and keyless entry (500 dollar system). Also, since I have owned the car I have used Mobil 1 5W30 synthetic oil and K&N oil filters.

The car had been owned by my friend's father and then was handed down to him. It was well taken care of and not driven hard. With the 15" rims on the car I usually tracked around 33 MPG and around 29 MPG with the 17" rims. I've never had any problems with the car, and it would even start in the dead of winter on a gallon of gas. The car did amazing last winter, and I was not at all afraid to drive it in ice or blinding snow. It would make an excellent daily driver or project car. I've enjoyed driving it, but don't want to drive something that's nice in the winter and since I will be purchasing something new next year I have no reason to hang onto it. Also, I did a compression test and the car came up with 185 PSI across all 4 cylinders with a 95 PSI crank on the first compression stroke (very very good). A cooling system test showed the system holding 15 PSI for 30 minutes before dropping 1 PSI (also very very good). The car only uses about a 3/4 of a quart of oil between oil changes with no leaks and uses/leaks no coolant. The brakes are in very good shape and shouldn't need replaced for at least 15k miles. All of the suspension components (tie rod ends, wheel bearings, etc.) are all tight with no play in them.

Now for the bad. The coilover kit should be replaced since the struts and worn out and bounce quite a bit along with some squeaking. It can easily be replaced with stock springs and struts or replaced with a new coilover setup. The aftermarket CD player was taken out along with the installation kit and the car currently has the stock radio back in it. The car needs the valve lash adjusted due to the valves clanging (a common maintainence item on Hondas). The rocker panel guards are missing due to one being ripped off in the snow and the other getting scuffed up driving the car onto the alignment rack at work. The body has a few dents and such in it also.

Here are a few pictures:

The car is located in Dubuque, IA. Price starts at 3,000 OBO and can be negotiated from there. I can be reached on PM here or at templeton_cody@hotmail.com. My cell phone number is 563-590-5687 and if there's no answer, leave a message. Car is available for viewing any time after 5 P.M. on the weekdays and any time on the weekends. Thanks for looking!
Old 10-22-2008, 11:55 PM

Location: Somewhere, PA, US and A Greatest Country in D World

perfect winter car man...if only u were closer...gl tho
Old 10-23-2008, 03:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yea, like I said, it's an amazing winter car. I loved having the remote start last year (new winter beater is manual) and with the Blizzak tires on it I wasn't afraid to go anywhere at any speed in the snow. I was passing 4WD vehicles up hills doing 55 in 2-3 inches of snow without any problems. Definitely a great winter car.
Old 10-29-2008, 08:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Bump!
Old 11-10-2008, 06:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Bump! Price lowered to 2,500 OBO!
Old 01-04-2009, 12:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 1994 Accord EX Sedan for sale - 3,000 OBO!

what kind of rims?