Notices
Vehicles for sale Post vehicles for sale only

MT 1992 Civic hatch, FULL CAGE, RACE READY 8.50 CERT.

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2010, 05:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1992 Civic hatch, FULL CAGE, RACE READY 8.50 CERT.

as the title states i have a 92 civic hatch, white in color..has a 8.5second certified roll cage, car is in great shape, have a b18 with a 2.2 BC stroker kit. All you need is a chipped ecu, and a good tune and it will be a VERY quick all motor car. can get pics of everything. WILL DELIVER FOR CHEAP. if interested text/call at 6123568481, message me on here, or email me at: brevlle2@yahoo.com

ASKING $6000 OBO, WILL CONSIDER ALL TRADE OFFERS.

CAR NOW HAS THE SAME HOOD, BUT IN BLACK PRIMER, AND A LIP(dont know what its off of)
Old 10-23-2010, 05:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 1992 Civic hatch, FULL CAGE, RACE READY 8.50 CERT.

Check my thread for kseries hatch

Give more details on ur motor, suspension, exhaust, blah blah
Old 10-23-2010, 05:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Check my thread for kseries hatch

Give more details on ur motor, suspension, exhaust, blah blah
Old 10-23-2010, 06:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

pm'd.
Old 10-23-2010, 08:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Bump for viewing.
Old 10-23-2010, 08:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

cert good on cage or has it expired? More in depth details on motor, suspension, what all comes with car?
Old 10-23-2010, 10:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by dyno76
cert good on cage or has it expired? More in depth details on motor, suspension, what all comes with car?
think cert is good, will check..i recently got the car, so haven't looked into it too much, all i know about the motor is what i have been told..haven't looked at suspension, will see what its sitting on tomorrow..car comes with the shell, a stroked b18 with tranny, some wheels, tires..two race seats(driver one is NICE, passenger is a cheaper one) an expired 5point harness, and a CLEAN title..has a rearmounted battery, and oversize fuel pump(dont know specifics) i will go get specifics on everything tomorrow.

Last edited by brevlle; 10-24-2010 at 09:44 AM.
Old 10-24-2010, 09:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

CERTIFICATION ON CAGE IS GOOD.
Old 10-24-2010, 11:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The sad thing is that you got lied to and that car has none of the stuff he told you the car has a stock ls motor and nothing more!! You got took!! this car is not worth no where near $6000!! Just a warning to people looking at this car

Last edited by EGJDM; 10-24-2010 at 11:19 AM.
Old 10-24-2010, 12:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by EGJDM
The sad thing is that you got lied to and that car has none of the stuff he told you the car has a stock ls motor and nothing more!! You got took!! this car is not worth no where near $6000!! Just a warning to people looking at this car
he states he has a build sheet for the motor, so we will see.
Old 10-24-2010, 12:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

by the way, this ISN'T the same motor that came in it when he bought the car, if thats the motor you are talking about.
Old 10-24-2010, 01:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

How are you so sure it is not the same motor? There is a lot of people that are local that know more then enough could tell you that everything is a lie! I wouldn't believe any build sheet anyone could put a bunch of lies on a piece of paper. I will tell you with a motor build like that you would not be running it untuned because you would have pile of junk! You are so new to the hondas he knew he could lie to you and you wouldn't have a clue! Just the same as you sold your other car not knowing what was wrong with it to another kid that also knew nothing about hondas.
Old 10-24-2010, 02:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

funny, i knew exactly what was wrong with it, it needed a new turbo, at first we though piston rings, because there was only oil residue on two cylinders, but after running for a while there was some on all of them. so digging deeper, we opened up the intake pipes, there was oil in them. you clearly don't know anything about either of the cars i have/had. and as i stated earlier, he said he has a build sheet, i am just going on his word right now, and will update if i learn otherwise.
Old 10-24-2010, 02:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Its BS. This car has a BONE STOCK LS engine in it. I know this car, everyone who knows anything about Hondas in the area knows this car and that it has a STOCK engine in it. It's also the same car he was telling naive high school kids that it had a K series... You got took, but I guess karma comes full circle. Don't worry though, he'll get it next for taking you for a ride.
Old 10-24-2010, 02:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You think I don't know anything? I know you now have bought 2 hondas not knowing a single thing about either of them!! I don't think your gonna schoool me on anything hondas! maybe you should have asked some of the people who know something about those cars before you bought either of them and maybe you would have gotten screwed!!
Old 10-24-2010, 02:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i never said you dont know anything, i said you dont know anything ABOUT MY CARS. and no worries, even if it is stock, its still worth more than the truck i traded him.
Old 10-24-2010, 02:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hear is my 2cents about this car as I just looked at it TODAY!

fuel leak inside the cabin, needs a complete paint job, Motor is a stock B18B and is missing and TIRED as hell...The engine bay is covered in oil along with the motor..In no way is this motor built..It however does need to be REBUILT or REPLACED!!! This car is rough needs lots of work...

Now I am not trying to be a jerk but reading this thread has just made me want to let potential buyers know what I found with this car!!!
Old 10-24-2010, 03:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i don't believe its a leak, but there seems to be fumes, but an easy fix as it is almost unnoticeable if you are sitting up front. i don't see where you say you see oil, as there is not any oil in the engine bay that i have seen. and i haven't heard this miss you speak of either..car doesn't need paint, the doors are about the only thing that could use paint on the entire car..i will be taking more detailed pics, and video of the car as soon as i get my camera back to show all of this.
Old 10-24-2010, 04:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Ok its not a leak funny though when I stuck my head in car all he can smell is gas..overwhelming as a matter fact..pretty sure I said something right away and even pointed out to you were leak was!!!

As for oil leak open your eyes whole side is covered in it and bay!!!

As for paint are you serious!! that ricer hood looks like its spray painted can still see all the red coming thru it. Whoever sanded it had no clue what they were doing and come on cars paint is in no way in good shape..Be honest to the people it will get you farther..Especially on here where most would have to travel to come get it and I know if I came out here with intentions of buying and read what you say and then get here and see this thing..I would be pissed we would have problems....

And no offense but didnt you just get into Hondas like 3 months ago..Knew nothing about them before hand and still dont..How would you know what they run like.. You can feel the miss in it..So right there should be key to you not knowing much about these cars...

?
Ok so let me get this straight cuz reading your comment it comes off as you thinking I dont know **** about cars! So here is a back ground of me.. I started messing with SAAB's, VW's and BMW's back in Germany in 1993. Then I turned my interest to hondas in 95 and have stayed with them since..I have boosted to many, thrown NOS at quite a few, owned my own performance shop directed towards imports and have helped or advised on many Imports in this town..Also I have boughten and sold my cars then most as I have been in the auto sales field since 1996.......And I am sure there are plenty of people that will vouch for me that I might know what I am talking about when I looked at your car.. Also I build my cars not buy them built or in this cars case supposely built..
Old 10-24-2010, 06:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

hmm, a hood, and doors = a complete paintjob? last i checked it didn't. and i NEVER stated that you dont know **** about cars, its not leaking gas, but there are fumes, if it were leaking, there would be somewhere wet, with gas, of which, THERE ISN'T. just went and looked in the engine bay again earlier, if you call a little oil on the block the whole side of the motor and the engine bay covered, then be my guest. in no way am i being dishonest, the picture on here shows one of the doors, but i have better pics of the whole car waiting to be uploaded. you obviously don't want the car, so quit flaming.
Old 10-24-2010, 06:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Brevlle, Along with all the others who have commented in this thread to the best of my knowledge a bone stock ls still resides in that shell. If you feel confident or trust the seller that it's a stroked ls it would be in your best interest to pull the pan and windage tray to settle any confusion.

May even be able to pull a spark plug and look into a cylinder. If its a fresh build you should see a shiny forged slug in the cylinder!
Old 10-24-2010, 06:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i will take a look through the top, my neighbor has a borescope, hopefully it still works.
Old 10-24-2010, 07:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hell, if I saw reciepts for a BC Stroker kit, or a bill from a machinist, or someone who assembled it, I'd be a little more inclined to believe it. And yes, this car does need paint, and body work - the side molding has been shaved in the doors with what I'm pretty sure is pure filler, and its chipping out last I saw (maybe 3-4 weeks ago?). The previous owner beat the ever living **** out of the engine in this car regularly smashing the rev limiter by my house almost daily, as he lives around the corner.

I'm not trying to cause any drama, I'm just trying to let you, as well as potential buyers know what's up. I'd probably beat someone's *** if I came in from out of state to look at this this thing as described to find out it is no such thing... I'm saving both you and a potential buyer heartache, and trust me - we're all doing you a favor. You got took bro, sometimes its just how it goes.
Old 10-25-2010, 11:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

if one of you guys would help me tear into it to figure everything out, i would greatly appreciate it.
Old 10-26-2010, 09:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I have worked on that car a couple times suspension and helped with the swap from the old ls that was in there actually did.see the internals it does have bc crank and h rods and some low compression pistons if it is the.same engine that I helped put in there about 3 month ago......I do have receipt of the parts and labor....as I was the one that had it built.... there is hope for this car I think there is about 2500 in parts kid that I sold it too was in a big hurry to put it in as his had a hole in the .third cylinder from nitrous

Quick Reply: MT 1992 Civic hatch, FULL CAGE, RACE READY 8.50 CERT.