Notices
Vehicles for sale Post vehicles for sale only

BC - CAN $11k USD, 2000 Civic Si (EM1), Freshly Painted, Built B18c5 Motor and Tranny

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2018, 01:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default $10k USD, 2000 Civic Si (EM1), Freshly Painted, Built B18c5 Motor and Tranny

Howdy!

PRICE Drop: $9,500 USD, reason being I think I overestimated the market a bit. Plus my quick CAD-USD conversion in my mind totally failed me.

TLDR:
- If you don't like the price, make offers. I'm not sure where the market sits on this, Just that I've put too much money in it.
- Freshly painted, all bodywork is perfect, zero rust. Never been in an accident, all VIN tags match, glass is also original.
- Interior nicely laid out, sparco seat does not have any rips, is certified, and surprisngly comfy.
- GE Sleeved 84.5mm (2.0L) B18c5 motor and transmission have less than 1,000 miles (casual break-in miles) and are built with highest end components. New clutch, Carbon Synchros, Bearings (King), Rings, full head job, etc. It's all new.
- NSX Front Brakes, ITR rear brakes, HP+ Pads, Stoptech slotted rotors (new fronts).
- Things very fast, extremely fun to drive, track capable.

I'm testing the waters here, I don't have nearly enough time to drive this car as it was meant to be driven (built with the intention of being a dedicated HPDE car) and am looking to focus more on racing my dirtbike. I don't want to sell the car unless it's actually worthwhile for me to do so, please don't waste my time with low-ball offers. The car is currently in storage with no insurance so if you are very serious we can meet so you can see the car and then go get it insured if you want to see how it drives, she's a whole lot of fun. Car was only painted as it got keyd on one side and swiped in a parking lot on the opposite side. OEM paint was used. Have pictures from before the paint to show it was not in an accident. Title has theft recovery status as it got stolen at some point in its history.

I'd like to think that with the new paint it's probably the cleanest EM1 (at least that I've seen) in Vancouver. It just rolled over 160, 000 KMs (100k miles) this summer while breaking in the re-freshed motor. I took the motor and transmission apart to get them ready for a season of track days (which didn't pan out as I went travelling instead). Motor was fully resealed with new rings and bearings, full head job with new valves, guides, Skunk2 LMA, and a fresh hone.

Here's when the motor fired up (first try) after the rebuild:

Besides the fresh paint it's spent most of it's life indoor / undercover and as a mostly summr driver so it's got 0 rust. Interior is nice and bodywork is now completely perfect, it's like a new car.

FYI, if you think I'm crazy regarding the price, here is what a Type R Motor and Transmission go for before being built with unkown KMs: https://www.hmotorsonline.com/shop/b...e-change-over/

Mods are (in short, I can give more details later):

Motor: B18c5 (ITR) motor that has been Golden Eagle sleeved (84.5mm, now 2.0L), port / poloshed head, high compression (Weisco 12.8:1), Skunk2 Pro2+ cams, ARP Studs, GE Headgasket, the list goes on. Just refreshed over the past year with new rings, bearings, full head job, and all new (OEM) seals. Authentic HyTech header (which is a bit dented) and (very rare) twin-loop cat-back. I haven't dyno'd it myself, previous owner said it made 238whp, feels right to me. Shimmed billet oil pump, new clutch, light flywheel, etc.

Hondata S300 ecu, it's the V2 I believe (not the bluetooth one).

S80 LSD transmission (the one with the rare 4.785 final drive) which was also rebuilt with the engine and has full Synchrotech carbon lined snycrhos.

Typical suspension mods, coilovers (Apexi N1 Type Pro, they are old school but have big shock bodies and are amazing shocks), adjustamble camber (front), swaybars, bushings

NSX brakes up front, ITR brakes in rear (5-lug)

Interior has a Momo wheel, oil temp & pressure, water temp, wideband guage and a Sparco drivers seat. It gives you the important information and actually looks pretty clean.

Three sets of wheels include JDM ITR 16" wheels w/ RS3's (only one track day), Rota Slipstreams in a limited edition takata green (R888's which are dead), and steelies w/ winters (I did drive it for a winter while I was studying but I lived in kits and studied at UBC so it didn't see too many winter miles).

Has an older high quality sound system (which I don't know much about). Focal, Alpine V12, couple of 6" subs in that back which are surprisingly crisp and powerful (it's basically an audiophile system).

If you were looking for a clean un-moded car to mod I can tell you that this is not it. If you're looking for a reliable turn-key car for HPDE fun then I can there is well over 30K invested in this car and buying the (right) modified car will save you a bunch of money vs building one. If you're looking for a highly competitive class racer, this is also not the one for you as getting to the top of SMF would require more money and should really be done in a lighter hatch.

As I mentoned, I had been planning on / still plan on keeping this car as a sunday driver / track toy and finally got it to where it needs to be but life changes and for the right price I can reluctantly let it go. Car basically needs the sound system ripped out (if you want to) to be an extremely reliable and fun HPDE car.

Here she is ripping, sounds good:
Here is a track day video:

Notes:
- Pictures are a bit old, from before the paint job. Wheels are not as clean and the carbon front lip is gone.
- Not sure what will go into selling this car in the USA.

Whees are not as clean anymore.

New Skunk2 Black Series Rear LCA

New endlinks on rear swaybar.

Motor Going in.

Last edited by alejo98cx; 12-28-2018 at 03:49 PM. Reason: Price Dropped
Old 12-28-2018, 03:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: $11k USD, 2000 Civic Si (EM1), Freshly Painted, Built B18c5 Motor and Tranny

Price dropped to $9,500 USD.
Old 12-31-2018, 01:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Re: $11k USD, 2000 Civic Si (EM1), Freshly Painted, Built B18c5 Motor and Tranny

Thumbs up man. Hope you get what you’re asking!
Old 01-30-2019, 12:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Bump becuase I saw a couple on autotrader with more miles and higher price!

$9k USD, OBO.
Old 01-30-2019, 04:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

what are the chances this can be daily driven? still have ac/Ps?
Old 01-30-2019, 07:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I just threw insurance on it and started driving again as I was bored of driving the truck and sad to see it in the garage. The car is meant to be used, she drives smooth as butter around town with the dampers turned down.

I daily drove this car from 2013-2016 untill I got a second car, 2016-2017 I used it on the weekends / HPDE or if I was bored of driving the truck. 2017 I took the plunge doing the motor-tranny rebuild mostly as preventative maintenance / to have a known starting point for more heavy track use.

2018 I went travelling for 5 months, started a new job, had some life priority changes and realized I don't have time for dirt bike and mountain bike racing plus HPDE's.

Last edited by alejo98cx; 01-30-2019 at 07:20 PM. Reason: Forgot a word.