Notices
Tech / Misc Tech topics that don't seem to go elsewhere.

VTEC-E, great mpg, for me?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2013, 03:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon2 VTEC-E, great mpg, for me?

Today when I was looking for info I found one of my distressed posts from more than a year ago!
The story is I put a JDM VTEC-E motor in my CX for the commuting I do, then I put in the P07 ECU, EGR valve, VX exhaust manifold, 5 wire 02 sensor, then "Altec" (a knowledgeable Honda shop in Toronto), wired everything up, but still after about 30 seconds the engine light would come on, code 48 was the code that came up. He got frustrated and gave up, so I've been driving it with the engine light coming on for almost 2 years now, and my gas mileage is worse than with the original CX motor. A month ago I got the firewall black plastic box off Ebay with the EGR control solenoid valve and vacuum control valve, I've got the tubes put on correctly except that I can't find the spot on the intake to put the tube coming from the vacuum control valve, (wrong intake?), don't know what to do about that. The orange/blue wire coming from the solenoid I've put in the last spot on the P07 ECU plugs, (D22), with a green and white stock wire and another that was put in by "Altec". The black/yellow wire is put on the 15 amp ACG fuse. Can anyone tell me what is still wrong?, causing the engine light to come on? I did disconect the battery every time to clear it.
Old 09-02-2013, 03:34 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: VTEC-E, great mpg, for me?

whats the point of this post?

your post count is 1 how the f you find a post from a year ago
Old 09-04-2013, 09:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

you said you had a code 48... what have you done about the O2 sensor so far? checked the wiring? used a known good sensor?

there must be more to the story if your mechanic got so frustrated that he gave up. If it were as simple as a code 48 he should quit altogether and find a new career path.
Old 09-04-2013, 12:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Replace the O2 sensor and fix the code before you get your panties in a bunch about the lean burn.
Old 09-08-2013, 07:04 PM
Oh look, I can change this

Received 131 Likes on 105 Posts

Diagnose that Code 48 first. Get out your Service Manual. I don't think I really need to tell you this but all the info you need to diagnose a CEL is in that manual. It's really going to be your best friend. Better than any advice from users on here ... that is until you hit a wall, then you can come back here and ask away.
Old 09-09-2013, 09:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Shmallow
you said you had a code 48... what have you done about the O2 sensor so far? checked the wiring? used a known good sensor?

there must be more to the story if your mechanic got so frustrated that he gave up. If it were as simple as a code 48 he should quit altogether and find a new career path.
I noticed that my NTK 5 wire 02 sensor, labelled 24300 & A7B4B1, on a white sticker on the box. On the actual sensor; LZA09-E1 with "NTK Japan" below it, and on one of the 6 faces for the wrench it's marked "1T51", the wires coming out of it are, (at the plug), right to left; blue, yellow, with grey below, white, black. From what I've seen this is different from the; NCA(?), white, red, white, black, orange, yellow, wire colours I saw for this sensor on another site. Did I get the wrong 02 sensor?, can I still use it by substituting colours?, do I have to buy another one?
Thanks for your help:confused:

I'm not "exclusive" Raver.