Notices
Tech / Misc Tech topics that don't seem to go elsewhere.

Tuning RAMemory Interface Invention!?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2005, 07:50 AM
pub
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tuning RAMemory Interface Invention!?

Computer Science major right now a junior. Coming up on my Undergraduate Research Project. Was talking to an old friend and thought up the idea of creating an interface to load ECU configurations into RAM memory onto the ECU. The interface will transfer data from a CD (base project from a laptop) to the ECU memory. This is a basic function in modern computer systems - should be no different in an automobile's computer system.

Basic structures and everything would be done in an UNIX enviroment using the POSIX functions - eventually would like to construct a nice cutting-edge GUI with very user friendly graphing and tuning functions. The idea has so much potential and is relatively easy to incorporate!

Imagine kids getting these ECU systems installed in their cars and not even bolting on.. but instead loading 20hp into thier cars from popping in a CD above thier glovebox (or dash, whereever you install my system) -- could even have a LCD monitor later down the road.

Just wondering if this idea was already thought of - or if Hondata/AEM has it already on lockdown. Either way - should make for an interesting project.

Anyways - asking the Honda elite : or

PS: If you are interested in helping with this project later on down the road - I see this to be a very worthy investment.
Old 03-22-2005, 08:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Tuning RAMemory Interface Invention!? (pub)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by pub &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Computer Science major right now a junior. Coming up on my Undergraduate Research Project. Was talking to an old friend and thought up the idea of creating an interface to load ECU configurations into RAM memory onto the ECU. The interface will transfer data from a CD (base project from a laptop) to the ECU memory. This is a basic function in modern computer systems - should be no different in an automobile's computer system.

Basic structures and everything would be done in an UNIX enviroment using the POSIX functions - eventually would like to construct a nice cutting-edge GUI with very user friendly graphing and tuning functions. The idea has so much potential and is relatively easy to incorporate!

Imagine kids getting these ECU systems installed in their cars and not even bolting on.. but instead loading 20hp into thier cars from popping in a CD above thier glovebox (or dash, whereever you install my system) -- could even have a LCD monitor later down the road.

Just wondering if this idea was already thought of - or if Hondata/AEM has it already on lockdown. Either way - should make for an interesting project.

Anyways - asking the Honda elite : or

PS: If you are interested in helping with this project later on down the road - I see this to be a very worthy investment. </TD></TR></TABLE>

yes, you're a little late. http://www.pgmfi.org

s
Old 03-25-2005, 09:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

why not one more rom editor if easy to use would be awesome. make something like neptune and sell it.