Notices
Tech / Misc Tech topics that don't seem to go elsewhere.

trans/clutch issues (tech help please)

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2006, 07:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trans/clutch issues (tech help please)

ok from the start..lol this is killing me

i bought a new clutch master cyl for my 95 gsr.. i bled the clutch master cyl and the clutch lines.. i bled the master at the hardline to the mater cyl .. then the lines out at the slave on front of the trans.. i have adjusted the footpedal and i have all sorts of pressure and no air in the lines.. i used a clear tube and theres no bubbles..

now.. WHEN THE CAR IS OFF...i can go through all the gears..i can feel the syncros.. nothing is binding.. it shifts fine through all gears including reverse..

WHEN THE CAR IS RUNNING...it wont go into gear AT ALL.. but does not grind when trying..

now when i put it in gear and start the car it moves.. its a bitch to get it out of gear while the car is moving..its like the clutch isnt working at all.. i press the clutch in and it still moves.. theres no grinding at anytime..so i know its not the imput shaft i blew before..

the slave and master cyl are both NEW.. ive bled them like a cows utter for hours so i know its fine..yes i had 2 ppl.. one pumping the clutch and me releasing the pressure on the bleeder..

ANY IDEAS???????????????????????

i have an act pressure plate with an exedy street clutch disc.. now i was told it could be a spring came out of the clutch and is touching the flywheel..but i was wondering what you guys think before i tear this thing apart..

also.. have any of you replaced a clutch disc and not had a clutch alignment tool..

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

THANKS
brian

i checked the slave cyl function it seems fine to me.. no leaking and everything seems to be working..
Old 08-12-2006, 09:27 AM

Default Re: trans/clutch issues (hatr-aid)

come on... someones got to have had this issue..

any ideas would be highly appreciated

thanks
Old 08-12-2006, 11:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: trans/clutch issues (hatr-aid)

Based on what you described I would think that your pressure plate is out....how many miles are on it?

I've had a spring break apart from my clutch disk and rub against the flywheel. However if that were the problem then you would hear a god awful grinding noise at idle and when driving.

And save yourself the trouble and get an alignment tool....I guess its possible to install the clutch without the tool but that's gonna make for a lonnnnnnng day