Notices
Tech / Misc Tech topics that don't seem to go elsewhere.

Tire tear?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2009, 11:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tire tear?

So, the first time I ever lowered my car (DC2) was about 6 months ago. And about 1 month after that, I decided to take my front wheels off for a tranny flush, then I notice that the tires on the FRONT WHEELS ONLY have such bad camber wear. Not only that, but I looked into it and I started seeing the metal strands/barbs that are supposed to be IN the tire. They are sticking so far out, I cut myself.

While I was wondering WTF? I was looking in my fenderwell and there is this excess metal under there which was cutting/tearing my tire. Of course it didn't do this at stock height beecause there was more clearance, but dang. It makes me wonder how people ride dumped with that metal in the way. Idk if you guys know what I'm talking about, but I'm sure you all do.

So, I decided to grind it down, just the part that was hitting. And it was very visible because the rubber part of the fenderwell was all worn down and crap. Is that okay that I did that? What do the DUMPEDSTARS do with that? LOL. I just need help or suggestions.... anyone?

What sucks is that I've looked all over the place for the same issue, but no luck. Btw, my friend has the same problem too. He drives and EG and that metal bar thingy hits his tire whenever there's a bump or anything.
Old 06-22-2009, 07:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Tire tear?

#1 its not camber wear, its toe wear. get an alignment, they wont fix your camber issues without aftermarket parts, but they can fix the toe-out issue which is causing the excessive inner edge wear.

#2 rubbing is what happens when you lower your car to a stupid and ridiculous height, theres no way around it without quality parts (i.e springs that wont sag in a month) and modification to the car (i.e. cutting and grinded ****) I have no idea which "metal bar thingy" you are talking about because there is several "metal bar thingies" in your wheel well. I suggest you learn which parts you are modifing and what they do before you go hacking anything else up.
Old 06-22-2009, 10:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks, jackass. :]
I'm just trying to learn some stuff and you come around with your unnecessary last sentence.
Old 06-22-2009, 10:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by srmofo
#1 its not camber wear, its toe wear. get an alignment, they wont fix your camber issues without aftermarket parts, but they can fix the toe-out issue which is causing the excessive inner edge wear.

#2 rubbing is what happens when you lower your car to a stupid and ridiculous height, theres no way around it without quality parts (i.e springs that wont sag in a month) and modification to the car (i.e. cutting and grinded ****) I have no idea which "metal bar thingy" you are talking about because there is several "metal bar thingies" in your wheel well. I suggest you learn which parts you are modifing and what they do before you go hacking anything else up.
amen brother
Old 06-23-2009, 07:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jasoncanseeoh
I'm just trying to learn some stuff and you come around with your unnecessary last sentence.
Old 06-23-2009, 12:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by jasoncanseeoh
truth hurts sometimes, but it doesnt change the fact that you need to LEARN and understand what you are doing before you start hacking **** up.

Last edited by srmofo; 06-23-2009 at 06:32 PM.
Old 06-23-2009, 06:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Probably slammed to the ground, bouncin around on stock struts, Get an alignment, There probably gonna find ****ed up ball joints, tie rods. there gonna need to order adjustable ball joints, but either way once you lower a car your probably never gonnna get it right again
Old 06-23-2009, 07:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by standbackimapro
Probably slammed to the ground, bouncin around on stock struts
^Assumptions killed the A-HOLE.
Close this damn thread, you useless, cold hearted people.
Old 06-24-2009, 12:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Im trying to help you learn, you need to know what to ask and if you dont know what your talking about,then where you can get the info. Take pictures, buy a manual, or ask a knowledgable friend, but DONT just go aimlessly cutting and grinding **** because its touching your tire. Sorry if we're not sensitive enough for you....maybe next Ill call my wife in here to make it sound a little sweeter so it doesnt hurt your feelings.