Notices
Tech / Misc Tech topics that don't seem to go elsewhere.

This thread is for girls only

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2002, 05:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: This thread is for girls only (97CivicFerio)

BS - there is no way a man in his entire life that can spend/waste as much money as women do in eating out, shopping, and buying pointless items.
AGREED!!!
I agree my old lady spends at least $100 every two weeks to do her hair, talk about HIGH maintence....
Old 05-01-2002, 08:46 AM
New User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: This thread is for girls only (Fluoxetine HCL)

I saw a great bumper sticker the other day i had never seen before:

"Work harder! There are many people on welfare who depend on you."

Man, if I'm gonna work my *** off in this world, I'm not going to my grave with a penny left of it. I enjoy my free time and I enjoy my hobbies. Just because my fiancee thinks I shouldn't spend my money on MY interests does not mean i won't continue to do so. I agree, I need to calm down a bit with my spending but NEVER will I give in to what she thinks is "rational".

Old 05-01-2002, 11:52 AM

Default Re: This thread is for girls only (GruvyTune)

Hey gruvy tune, hows the fmax running?
Old 05-01-2002, 12:07 PM
New User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: This thread is for girls only (b18tdelsol)

Its running really well now that I have it pretty well tuned!
I have a sneaky feeling that I am going to be doing a turbo rebuild sometime this summer. I finally found out after running the thing about 2 months that I only had like 6psi oil pressure to the turbo. I'm sure thats why it blew the first time. turbonetics rebuilt it the first time under warranty. I don't think I'll get away with that again!

torin
Old 05-01-2002, 01:55 PM

Default Re: This thread is for girls only (GruvyTune)

to those of you hitting on my girlfriend:
stay the hell away, i have a terrible temper.

she has given me some **** about spending $$ on the car...but she was more pissed about me paying people to do the work. now i finally got the ***** (and some help) to do the work myself she seems much happier.

she is not a typical girl...i'm sure some of your replys are based on sterotypes from your own experiences. she hardly spends any money at all. she loves it when we win races. speed makes her happy (usually). she just doesn't like feeling liek i wasted all my $$ when things go wrong with the car...

and for all of us, this is true: boost/speed is an addiction. i admit it. but i also love it. and it keeps me out trouble, or maybe in different kinds of trouble.

i think thats everything.

oh, did i mention not to hit on my girlfriend?
especially those of you who live closeby.

happy boosting!

downpipe.
Old 05-01-2002, 03:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: This thread is for girls only (downpipe)

damn guy..a temper like that is bound to get you in trouble. You really don't feel secure enough in your relationship to let a few computer nerds hudreds of miles away joke around with your gf?

Anyways, to understand why a guy spends so much time/money/energy on a car, you have to understand the relationship between a man and his vehicle. A vehicle isn't just a hunk of metal to a man, it's not just a machine. It's a companion. In many ways, it's betterr companion than a member of the opposite sex.

but the relationships between a man and his car is very similar between a man and his girlfriend/wife. You'd be kidding yourself if you didn't think that a commitment is made when you buy a car. Through sickness and in health, you're stuck with that car. Of course, if the relationship takes a turn for the worse, and the car is more trouble than it's worth, you can divorce/break up with it. Or the car can easily die. Then, much like if you divorced/break up with your wife/girlfriend, or your wife/gf dies, there will be a grieving process, and you will miss the car.

If someone steals your car? Even worse, that's like having your wife/gf kidnapped. Now you know why we all hate car thieves so much. That's a member of our family that was just taken from us.

or maybe this is all just how I feel..
Old 05-01-2002, 04:47 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

i doubt that any of those guys r hittin on ur gf that is whining on the net.
Old 05-01-2002, 05:54 PM

Default Re: This thread is for girls only (martini)

ok martini...now yu're all just contradicting yourself...some guy before said that girls would be crazy and damn insecure to think that guys love their cars more than they love them...

and here you are saying that your relationship with your car is like a relationship with a girlfriend...so technically shouldn't your real girlfriend have a problem with you feeling that way?

and as for my boyfriend, he DOES have a temper...i think it mostly comes from road rage.....and i'm guilty of making him slightly possessive and slightly jealous....but we all need a little bit of scorpio in us anyway

oh, and he's GREAT in the sack too.....but you boys back off, he's mine
Old 05-01-2002, 06:07 PM

Default Re: This thread is for girls only (TurboTaxiCab)

well, well, well...

what a tangled web of contradictions this thread has become.

but, most importantly, i don't think not wanting people to hit on your girl has anything to do with insecurity. i just think it's ******* rude. i don't hit on anyone else's girlfriend, i expect the same respect. she can talk to anyone she wants and she knows it. and i am certainly not worried about any internet nerds, so don't jump to conclusions about my reactions.

so i guess you can all try hit on her if you want. it certainly won't get you anywhere. i still think that, in general, its rude.

and thanks darling, so are you.
Old 05-01-2002, 07:32 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

awww, how cute E love.
Old 05-02-2002, 12:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: This thread is for girls only (speedymon)

This is where I'm just gonna complain about how much money my boyfriend spends on trying to fix up/modify his Acura . I love him, and I love the car, but it's just getting ridiculous.

I know that there are a lot of girls out there that feel the same way!
There should be a CFGA (car freaks' girlfriends anonymous) lol

love,
me

Hahahah Silly ricerette, my girl's giving me money to boooost!!!!!!!! Mwuhahahhahaha
wish i had a girl to give me money for boost. lucky bastard! lol.
Old 05-02-2002, 07:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: This thread is for girls only (buster13)

I'll reaffirm my above post:

This thread is stupid.

And to the boyfriend: you should feel flattered when a guy hits on your girlfriend. I always do; it never really bothered me because I knew I was the one that gets to see her naked all the time. So chill out.
Old 05-02-2002, 09:15 AM

Default Re: This thread is for girls only (BeerMan)

Just introduce your girl to the #2 and Let them join the "bambi club" then money for products will flow unless u have a college chick like me that is *** poor!!! LOL

[Modified by Acronym, 6:15 PM 5/2/2002]
Old 05-02-2002, 10:26 AM

Default Re: (Jesse H)

girls suck, throw rocks at them.
haha Agreed!! Girls are mean too!
Old 05-03-2002, 04:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

"seeing my boyfriend break wrenches with his own hands trying to remove parts and working on it himself, now THAT'S sexy."

DANG! Does your BF buy his wrenches from Harbor Frieght or Northern Tool? how the heck do you break a wrench with your hands?
Old 05-03-2002, 08:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: This thread is for girls only (JustChou)

Hahaha, thats the funniest reply yet.

Hey, I understand how you might feel at times turbotaxi, my wife gets on me about it too sometimes. Ive just started out, so I get a little obsessed in my efforts to learn, and experience more in the way of performance modding. When all is said and done, my wife supports me, even when she is a little annoyed.

Now, I gotta go...before my wife gets pissed about how long Im on here!
Old 05-03-2002, 09:41 PM

Default Re: This thread is for girls only (piscorpio)

piscorpio your name is pretty cute.....
is that a reference to you and your wife?

i'm a scorpio and my bf's a pisces...one of our screen names is scorpisces heheh

what a coinkidink

oh and to add to that other guy's comment, yeah he broke a pretty big wrench with his hands trying to remove some stubborn car part from inside the car...he's a big, strong guy... and when he's angry, he's REALLY angry don't worry he doesn't hit me or anything though...we take out our frustrations in other fun ways

anyway piscorpio nice meeting you...it sounds like your wife and i would get along really well heheheh i bet we could talk about how silly you boys are

much happiness to you two!
night
Old 05-03-2002, 09:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Jesse H)

girls suck, throw rocks at them.
hahaha
Old 05-03-2002, 10:48 PM
Urban Business

couples support each other no matter what one another does. if they dont they should be together. each person should respect the others likes, hobbies feelings etc. why are you complaining tho, seriously. has your alowance from your bfriend been cut back b/c he wants his car to go faster? what year is this.. 2002. you dont like it, get a job. you have a job? get educated and get a better job. educated and have a good job? then quit bitching. its HIS money and time not yours.

on a side note, women are 98% simlar to men. differences being physcial and what society has molded them into. so us boys are just as silly as you girls. cept we leave the toilet seat up

[Modified by TorteX, 1:51 AM 5/4/2002]
Old 05-04-2002, 05:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: This thread is for girls only (BeerMan)

This thread is stupid.

We all know that girls are irrational, therefore they spend their money on irrational items (like subscriptions to cosmo)

Men, on the other hand, are rational, logical creatures by nature. Therefore, we spend our money on rational items, i.e. car parts. Car parts are rational because it is important to have a car that runs well.
lol
Old 05-04-2002, 06:08 AM

Default Re: This thread is for girls only (TorteX)

ok honestly this doesn't even deserve a reply....if you keep your girlfriend around by giving her an allowance that's your problem...just don't imply that everyone else is that dumb

and i know men and women are extremely similar....that's why it's so hard for us all to put up with each other

cya
Old 05-04-2002, 01:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah my wifey complains i put too much dough into the POS..
but she doesnt complain when she drives it..
i catch her downshifting, double clutching, and giving the finger to alot of
people on the road *mainly those old folks in the fast lane*

my wifeys counter-addiction to my spending is food, shoes, and hair-dos

[Modified by decypha, 5:09 PM 5/4/2002]
Old 05-04-2002, 03:59 PM
New User

does he spend equal amount of money on you??
Old 05-06-2002, 05:28 PM

Default Re: This thread is for girls only (JustChou)

"seeing my boyfriend break wrenches with his own hands trying to remove parts and working on it himself, now THAT'S sexy."

DANG! Does your BF buy his wrenches from Harbor Frieght or Northern Tool? how the heck do you break a wrench with your hands?
hmmmm...well a friend and i broke a snap-on breaker bar, and we both know snap-on tools are utter ****, right? then i broke an old cheap torque wrench rated for at least 200 ft-lbs, then a breaker bar from a local hardware store...it was a POS but it was still cool to break it. i wanted to get the damn axle nut off and it was the closest place, all right? then i bought a breaker bar from NAPA (another close place) which finally did the trick. the war between myself and the axle nut was won by me. i was so happy when it finally gave that i did the dance of joy, i was pulling that god-damn thing so hard that the car was sliding. and yes, i was using a pipe for additional leverage.
Old 05-06-2002, 09:03 PM

I feel that, my gf wonders why I spend so much time and money too. But I just tell her it's my hobby and at least the money's not going to drugs!

Quick Reply: This thread is for girls only