Notices
Tech / Misc Tech topics that don't seem to go elsewhere.

Overheating issues.

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 04:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Overheating issues.

Ok guys, i've a really unknown overheating issue. My car started overheating today, well the weather was ****ing hot, but i dont think it'll cause my car to overheat. I'm using a Dc2 full aluminium radiator on my eg here in asia, i've no thermostat and i run my fan on a manual switch which i seldom off. My car started overheating on the roads while i was driving normally, no boost or anything, just normal cruising. When i stopped the car, i checked for leaks and such, couldn't find any leaks at all! Fan was still on as well! No white smoke on my tailpipe, no water in oil or oil in coolant as well. Im not sure bout coolant level though, it looks normal but i can't remember if it dropped or not. Well don't know if its relevant but today i found it hard to start my car too. Crank sounded slower and the car couldn't start unless i step on the accelerator to rev it up. When it starts it would sound like a boxer engine for few secs and then normal when the idle gets higher. Any inputs on this?

Another issue is, i have a pretty big FMIC, and my A/C is in front of my radiator, A/C fan facing the radiator. Well, basically my car runs fine without overheating(except today) without the aircon on, water temp will be good. However, when i switch the aircon on, my temp starts rising, and it wont stop rising. When A/C is switched on, i have 1 radiator fan, 2 A/C fans blowing towards my radiator, and it heats up like a bitch, even on the highway cruising, the temp does not go down. Temp would go back to normal when i turn the A/C off. I checked and all fans were working all the time, esp A/C fan was spinning strong so i don't get this issue. Even if my FMIC was blocking, the A/C shouldn't be heating up the radiator instead it should cool it down. Any inputs on this as well?
Old 01-26-2010, 05:49 AM
fcm
Old Fart

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Re: Overheating issues.

Are all the fans running in the proper direction? 94
Old 01-26-2010, 09:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Overheating issues.

The radiator fan is, but the A/C im not sure. The compressor is a long one, in front of the radiator with 2 A/C fans blowing towards the engine direction.