Notices
Tech / Misc Tech topics that don't seem to go elsewhere.

New Here. Need help and ideas on what to do!!!

Old 03-07-2017, 10:16 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Here. Need help and ideas on what to do!!!

Probably putting a remanufactured head on my 02' Honda Accord 2.3L 4-Cylinder (F23A4). The car is severely leaking oil on the back side of the engine (Intake Side) from the head gasket... so I thought, turns out the head is cracked. I had it pressure tested at a machine shop and it failed. I was thinking about rebuilding the lower end as well. What all should I do/what parts do I need/will I need a machine shop and for what? Don't know exactly what I'm going to do maybe even a swap or somthing.

2002 Honda Accord EX Special Edition
4-Door Sedan
2.3L 4-Cylinder (F23A4)
182,000 Miles
Car is fully factory (Stock)

Car has a Severe oil leak at the head gasket, so I thought... turns out the head is cracked. I had it pressure tested at a machine shop and it failed. Looking in to possible performance options. Swaps? Different head? If I'm doing the head I'm going to rebuild the lower end. (Rings and bearings etc..) What all will I need to do the complete swap or modification. Tools aren't an issue. Wondering part wise? Tuning? Turbo? Machine Shop??(For what)
Still needs to be a reliable daily driver.
Im a Technician and Assistant Manager at a Franchise owned (28 stores) Full Service Shop. Been around the dealer most of my life, my dads always been in the dealer as a service manager. I started as a porter for a Toyota dealer, then went to a large family owned (40 stores) shop as a general service technician for just over a year. Then received a full service technician offer from my current employer, I was a tech for just over a year but had interests in management, which has been the plan since I got into the automotive business but I knew I had to start at the bottom lol. Now am also the Assistant Manager at another location. So I have tons of knowledge in OE/Aftermarket but I have very little in the Performamce/Aftermarket.

Please help me figure out what to do!!! Lol