Notices
Tech / Misc Tech topics that don't seem to go elsewhere.

main bearing replacement

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 09:16 PM
E4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default main bearing replacement

whats up folk getting ready for a ls/vtec build up in a about a week here and will be saying al motor with about a 75-100 shot of nitrious i do plane on a full build from bottom up but i was told an avid honda engine builder bot to touch the main bearing he said to do the rods bearing though although i will probably do what he says cause this guy has built drag cars for many years i woud like to get the gurus of honda tech opinion
Old 02-13-2008, 08:17 AM

Default Re: main bearing replacement (E4)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by E4 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">whats up folk getting ready for a ls/vtec build up in a about a week here and will be saying al motor with about a 75-100 shot of nitrious i do plane on a full build from bottom up but i was told an avid honda engine builder bot to touch the main bearing he said to do the rods bearing though although i will probably do what he says cause this guy has built drag cars for many years i woud like to get the gurus of honda tech opinion </TD></TR></TABLE>1 your ether all motor or your not if your on the bottle it is not all motor. 2nd if he is such a engine builder he would have never said not to change the main bearings if your rebuilding the motor change all bearings.
Old 02-13-2008, 09:46 PM
E4

Default Re: main bearing replacement (Golden Eagle)

yeah this guy has build numerous 400+ plus hp motor he knows what he is talking about
Old 02-13-2008, 10:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Just curious why you are asking for advice when you obviously are going to go with what your engine builder says...
Old 02-13-2008, 11:54 PM

Default Re: main bearing replacement (91DA9)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 91DA9 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Just curious why you are asking for advice when you obviously are going to go with what your engine builder says...</TD></TR></TABLE>

Who is also clearly a fu*king idiot BTW. I can make a 400HP motor out of your stock, non-rebuilt motor, that does not make it a good idea.

Is this your mechanic by any chance?

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/6585
Old 02-14-2008, 09:31 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by E4 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yeah this guy has build numerous 400+ plus hp motor he knows what he is talking about</TD></TR></TABLE> im sorry but if he is telling you to use used bearings i would not trust him to build my go cart motor. get a new builder.
Old 02-14-2008, 10:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: main bearing replacement (DailyDriverCivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DailyDriverCivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/6585</TD></TR></TABLE>
lol,
OP, you need to put new bearings. just my .02, but hey, it's your engine, so do whatever you / your engine builder want.
Old 02-14-2008, 10:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: main bearing replacement (Golden Eagle)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Golden Eagle &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> im sorry but if he is telling you to use used bearings i would not trust him to build my go cart motor. get a new builder.</TD></TR></TABLE>

But why should he trust you? What do you know of the bottom end of a Honda engine?

I am going to assume by the OP's lack of response that they were either put in their place or gave up here entirely.
Don't get me wrong, I try not to take the internet too seriously, but I have been on "the scene" long enough to know what Golden Eagle is and that they know what to do as far as transforming Honda blocks to make serious power...

More power to OP or their builder if we ever hear from them again, chances are not...
Old 02-15-2008, 06:46 PM
E4

Default Re: main bearing replacement (91DA9)

ok phukwods i'm only trying to make about 300hp on spray and people do that on stock bottom end my engine doesnt nock now and i will be putting a new oil pump on with new rod bearings and piston the hell with what yall say i just wanted input on the subject cause i know this guy know what he is talking about def. just wanted to know what yall would say i mean seriously how often do you hear about main bearings f-ing up on that kind of horses usually its a rod there the block or rod bearing period

BITCHES
Old 02-18-2008, 07:48 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by E4 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ok phukwods i'm only trying to make about 300hp on spray and people do that on stock bottom end my engine doesnt nock now and i will be putting a new oil pump on with new rod bearings and piston the hell with what yall say i just wanted input on the subject cause i know this guy know what he is talking about def. just wanted to know what yall would say i mean seriously how often do you hear about main bearings f-ing up on that kind of horses usually its a rod there the block or rod bearing period

BITCHES
</TD></TR></TABLE> i see them fail all the time. ok do what you like its your motor not going to cost any of us a Penny