Notices
Tech / Misc Tech topics that don't seem to go elsewhere.

Lowered Car On 18's, Got Aligned, Camber Kit, Aligned Again. Problem With Camber Kit

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2003, 03:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lowered Car On 18's, Got Aligned, Camber Kit, Aligned Again. Problem With Camber Kit

I lowered my car on Neuspeed Sport Srpings = 1.75" front, 1.5" rear. I got an alignment yesterday. My readings came as followed:

Front Camber Before:

* Left: - 2.3
* Right: - 1.7

Rear Camber Before

* Left: - 1.1
* Right: - 0.3

As you guys can see, my camber was off. I even used two washers on each bolt for the rear control arms (8 on each side), and my camber was still off a little. My front was TOTALLY off. I decided to get a camber kit while at the shop and have it installed and set, and re-aligned. I got front and rear. Ingalls up front and another brand in the rear (shop threw it in for free, so I didn't complain). Anyways, the readings after are as followed:

Front Camber After
* Left: - 0.7
* Right: - 1.0

Rear Camber After
* Left: -0.7
* Right: -0.3

Anyways, after it was all done, everything was good except for three things. I needed to roll my front fenders a little since I could see a little on each one flaring out just a tad, so I did the DIY method with this today, and it worked out great!! The other problems: When he installed the drivers side front camber kit, he had to shave off something where the control arm was hitting he said, so he did that, but before I left he told me to go to a body shop, and have the shop shave some more of what he was doing because he didn't want to do more since they're not supposed to really work on the body much. He wasn't shaving the control arm but the actual fender well where it was hitting. When I drive now, I hear the driver's side squeak and stuff, which is REALLY irritating me. It's only the drivers side too, and it seems to hit bumps a tad bit harder since I guess the whole tire is hitting the bump opposed to the inside more than the outside of the tire. Anyways, any of you suspension dude's got any info on what I should do with the squeaking on the drivers side camber kit, and what to do about the rubbing? Should I bring it back and have them shave it down more since I paid and it's not right? He also said to rotate the tires every oil change? That seemed a little extreme, but what do you guy's reccomend? Every change, or every other change? Thanks a lot!!
Old 10-16-2003, 05:03 PM

Default Re: Lowered Car On 18's, Got Aligned, Camber Kit, Aligned Again. Problem With Camber Kit (94AccordSe

Toe angel wears tires out faster then camber, Just make sure you have that set up right and you should be fine. with -1° you shouldnt have to worry about tire very much at all. But still keep an eye on it. About the rubbing. Just raise your car up. Sounds like its to low.
Old 10-16-2003, 08:54 PM

Toe is fine. About the rubbing, thanks for the suggestion but it's only 1.75 in the front and 1.5 in the rear, which isn't that low. Any other suggestions anybody?