Notices
Tech / Misc Tech topics that don't seem to go elsewhere.

hydrolock n shit

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2005, 08:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hydrolock n ****

i just wanted to ask if anyone has ever heard of a car hydrolocking n then starting back up in 5 min

this dude go to my school said he was runnin down this road with a lot of water n he got a cold air. he said he hydrolocked. the engine completely shut off . he has no bypass valve n he said he wiaited for a couple of minutes n the car started n ran fine.

i just was wondering if anyone ever heard of a car just basically UNhydrolockin itslef because what i thought was that hydrolock was another term for "ur fucked man"

so i just wanted to know...did he really even hydrolock or he thought he did or u really can crank up after n i was wrong..

thanbks
Old 07-04-2005, 12:00 AM
$cat /dev/urandom

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: hydrolock n **** (DA notorious G.S.R)

check this out.
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1219263

hydrolock can be "fixed" by leaving your car sit and letting the water drain out of the cylinders, which usually takes longer than 5 minutes.. but you have to catch it before you hydrolock, and you should change your oil after it has sat for a while. i have heard of cars with mild hydrolock just stop all together, and the owner having an idea what happened, let the car sit and it starts again. if a lot of water got in though, you could break head studs or bend rods like in that link. its a very violent thing that can cause any number of catastrophic failures in your engine. i would say it is doubtful that it happened, but maybe this guy was just really really lucky.
Old 07-17-2005, 09:40 PM

as i was driving home today i hydrolocked it... and i just sat there for a couple mins.. scared to try to start my car.. but then i did start my car after like 5 mins and luckly it did start up again.. so i drove to the nearest thing possible and i just sat there for a while.. got out and took off the bottom half of the cold air. and it ran fine on the way home. it was not fun tho i actually just got home from it.. and i was outside in the garage checking it out..
Old 07-19-2005, 11:04 PM

Default Re: hydrolock n **** (Jay Dizzle Fa Shizzle)

I was in houston friday morning, a town which apparent God is furious with because he was punishing it serverly with a torrential rain, anyway I hydro-locked on the frontage when two feet of water came out of no where, crazy trucks and blinding rain be damned.

Even the electrics died, so I was reduced to pushing her in the rain to the next intersection to get out of traffic. Crazy how your day can change, not ten minutes into pushing it, a semi, going way to fast locks up going through the same flood spot, I was talking to the AAA lady and pushing my vehicle when I noticed it headed my way, I told the nice lady to hold on a bit, and took a moment to review my life and prepare for death.

Well the truck just barely made his lane change and I made it to the shop about an hour later and fifteen hundred feet of pushing later, the diagnosis, three pistons are moving, what is worse, I come to find out later that the culprit rod in cylinder one has decided to holiday from his borring task of daily operation in his cylinder prison and visit the out side world via my engine block.

I am going tomorrow to retrive the car and soon I will have the replacement B18c1 with 40k miles that is so sought after at the cost of an arm and a leg. Seriously why in the crap is a V8 the same price as my engine?

Anyway I will soon be treating you all to a first hand account with pictures of my engine replacement.

Count your blessing folkes not all hydro-lockes end so well.
Old 07-20-2005, 09:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: hydrolock n **** (I am ten ninjas)

so i made this thread a few weeks ago talkin bout this dude at my school

then maybe a week or two after my moms corolla hydrolocked.. it came out pretty ok

the cylinders were drained at the shop n some stuff i forgot what had to be replaced..

ii was driving it n then the car started kinda getting shaky n hard to drive ..it kinda felt like when u dont have enough gas or clutch on a manual n the car starts shaking n ****..well that was kinda what it felt like except the corolla is automatic.
i had just left the house so i did a u turn n went back home n used my gsr..