Notices
Tech / Misc Tech topics that don't seem to go elsewhere.

H22 NO VTEC HELLLLLLLLLLLLP!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2003, 07:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default H22 NO VTEC HELLLLLLLLLLLLP!!!!!!!!!!

I HAVE TESTED IT ALL SOLINOID,PRESSURE SWITCH ALL OF IT WORKS REBIULT THE SOLINOID ASSY. EVEN TRIED BYPASSING PRESSURE SWITCH ,ALSO THE OIL IS NEW AND FULL WHAT ELSE COULD BE WRONG?ALSO TGHE VTEC SOLINOID DOES OPEN AT VTEC I TESTED THE POWER AT THE SOLINOID.
Old 09-04-2003, 08:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: H22 NO VTEC HELLLLLLLLLLLLP!!!!!!!!!! (H22AJSPEC)

You have to have some codes (check engine light on) because you are in limp mode.

Please retreive those codes and let us know.
Old 09-04-2003, 08:17 PM

Default Re: H22 NO VTEC HELLLLLLLLLLLLP!!!!!!!!!! (poison)

And turn off the caps lock.

Every time I read a post that's in all caps, I can't help but to picture you as a retarded fat redneck trying as hard and as loud as he can to tell you why he believes that toothpaste is all a conspiracy by the government. Unfortunately he stumbles over his own words all the time because he's trying too hard.

Right now I'm picturing you (H22AJSPEC) as that guy.

LOL
Old 09-04-2003, 10:37 PM

im not sure if an h22 like yours has a knock sensor but these things are needed for vtec to really work at its potential but on my ls/vtec conversion i had to have a speed sensor in working condition and knock sensor in working condition without these things vtec wil not work.. do check in w/a honda tech and be shure your motor has this application and if they do then make shure they work properly,also just to let u know and i hope know this but your engine has to be warmed up to build up oil pressure for vtec to also engage that is how my ls/vtec in my 93 hatch works ...
Old 09-04-2003, 10:45 PM
Mad Scientist

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by H22AJSPEC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I HAVE TESTED IT ALL SOLINOID,PRESSURE SWITCH ALL OF IT WORKS REBIULT THE SOLINOID ASSY.</TD></TR></TABLE>

rebuilt solenoid???

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by H22AJSPEC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ALSO TGHE VTEC SOLINOID DOES OPEN AT VTEC I TESTED THE POWER AT THE SOLINOID.</TD></TR></TABLE>

solenoid opens at vtec engagement??so... vtec works?
Old 09-05-2003, 05:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: H22 NO VTEC HELLLLLLLLLLLLP!!!!!!!!!! (mmuller)

Even in limp mode would my vtec solinoid still get power?
Old 09-05-2003, 07:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

check your connection at the ECU.

Accordhybrid
Old 09-05-2003, 07:41 AM

b/4 you do anything make sure if u fix something on the engine that u reset your ecu by either pulling the ecu fuse or oulling the ground side of your battery post .if u do not do this then your check engine light will stay on regardless of what u do to fix the problem.im sure u knew that. also u need to pull a code to find out whats going on im sure u have a check engine light. diagnose first dont jump to conclusions also to check vtec solenoid u can run power 12v straight to it w/a fused link dont worry about ground it should be grounded correctly just run power to it and listen for a quite click sound in the solenoid f so then solenoid is good if not check your ground side for anything not grounding ,also u said you were getting power to the solenoid then it should be ok. also check to make sure if you have a knock sensor and also make shure your speed sensor works cause with out these to things vtec does not work properly!!!!!!!!!!!!! listen and do!!!