Notices
Tech / Misc Tech topics that don't seem to go elsewhere.

GSR oil everywhere!

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 02:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon3 GSR oil everywhere!

Ok, so I have a poor mans type R in my car. I just get this all in the car and got it running. Turns out I had no oil pressure. I replaced the pickup gasket and the oil pump. I started it (still ran a rough and wouldn't idle on its own) and I had oil pressure. Then all of a sudden after the car was running for a few seconds I heard something dripping. So I shut the car down right away. I got out and look. I had probably 5 qt of oil on the ground with oil everywhere. I can't seem to see anything out of place. There wasn't any loud bang or knock or tick or anything. I pulled the oil filter off and that seemed to be ok. But there is oil everywhere. I can't see anything out of place. Is there an oil port on the back of the block that might be disconnected? I can't seem to find anything.

Please help me. Any information you have to offer is better then no information.

Thanks.
Old 07-14-2011, 06:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: GSR oil everywhere!

i would check everything over again then clean the engine off with like brake cleaner then i would fill her back up remove plugs and injector clips and turn her over while looking for a oil leak and if that dont work put it back together and turn her on long enough to spot the leak

i know last time i had a leak coming from that port in back off the head where u usually tap for ls/vtec conversion but you can check the oil pressure sensor port on the side of the oil filter