Notices
Tech / Misc Tech topics that don't seem to go elsewhere.

Crankshaft Fluctuation Sensor (CKF)

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2003, 02:22 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Crankshaft Fluctuation Sensor (CKF)

Is there anyway to simulate the CKF signal? Is it the same as the CKP?

I know it doesn't hurt performance throwing the code 54, but the code is annoying. Thanks.
Old 04-14-2003, 10:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Crankshaft Fluctuation Sensor (satan_srv)

bump
Old 04-14-2003, 02:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Crankshaft Fluctuation Sensor (martini)

There isn't really anyway to bypass the CKFS... It is simply a switch that generates voltage... I suppose you could build a something into the circuit that would do this and also rise with your overall rpm... The signal is a fast one however... For every one revolution of the crank your crank fluctuation sensor sees contiunity over the sensor 12 times... So you figure at 8000rpm you need your "makeshift" sensor to open and close circuit 1600 times/sec.... I think it would be a lot easier if you don't already have one, to get a OBD2 oil pump, CKFS, and timing belt pulley, or just make a OBD1 jumper... Sorry I couldn't be more of a help but that's about all I can tell ya... Latez
Old 04-14-2003, 10:05 PM

Default Re: Crankshaft Fluctuation Sensor (Kataku2K3)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Kataku2K3 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">There isn't really anyway to bypass the CKFS... It is simply a switch that generates voltage... I suppose you could build a something into the circuit that would do this and also rise with your overall rpm... The signal is a fast one however... For every one revolution of the crank your crank fluctuation sensor sees contiunity over the sensor 12 times... So you figure at 8000rpm you need your "makeshift" sensor to open and close circuit 1600 times/sec.... I think it would be a lot easier if you don't already have one, to get a OBD2 oil pump, CKFS, and timing belt pulley, or just make a OBD1 jumper... Sorry I couldn't be more of a help but that's about all I can tell ya... Latez</TD></TR></TABLE>

Here's the deal though...I'm running this on a prelude.

The OBDII H22a CKP sensor is on the OBDII oil pump, same as the CKF on the B18C. So in theory shouldn't they make the same signal? What's the difference between the signal of the CKP and CKF?
Old 04-14-2003, 10:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Crankshaft Fluctuation Sensor (satan_srv)

I've never measured the signal for the CKP on any motor but I would be glad to if you want me to sometime... As for the reference on the ECU the CKP is used to measure the crankshaft position where as the CKFS is to measure the speed of the crankshaft... 2 different signals which I'm sure are different... If they were the same then I'm sure Honda wouldn't have added the CKFS to detect misfires, etc... Anyways this is just my reasoning on it and I may be wrong... I'll just have to look into it a bit more... Good Luck, and let me know if you come up with anything... Peace
Old 04-15-2003, 06:44 PM

Default Re: Crankshaft Fluctuation Sensor (Kataku2K3)

Well I'd rather like to know the signal of the CFK, as I don't have that one.

It's weird, cause the CKP on the OBDII H22A is on the oil pump, moved from the distributor from the OBDI days...

Yet on the B18C the CKP remains in the distributor, and the CFK is new on the oil pump.

So I'm wondering if the H22a CKP is supposed to be doing both things...cause like you said why would honda have added the CFK to the B18C1, but the h22a doesn't have it.