Notices
Tech / Misc Tech topics that don't seem to go elsewhere.

Could this be a solution for traction problems in big HP cars?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2004, 10:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Could this be a solution for traction problems in big HP cars?

http://www.racelogic.co.uk/traction/

"Front wheel drive cars

If your powerful front wheel drive car is prone to wheelspin or power understeer, then the Traction Control system will give a good benefit. Coming out of tight hairpins the throttle can be buried, and the system modulates the power extremely quickly to provide maximum acceleration without wasteful wheelspin. As you turn into a corner, the throttle again can be buried, and instead of drifting wide of the apex as the front wheels scrabble for grip, the car will power through the corner at the maximum speed without understeering. This will reduce tyre wear quite considerably, and improve performance. In the wet the system comes into it's own, you will go at least 1 or 2 seconds per kilometre quicker, and in tight slippery conditions it will be much more. We have fitted the system to a number of tarmac cars, and in the wet they even outpace some 4wd cars! "

its a universal system that will work on any car, they even sell wheel speed sensors if you dont have ABS.
Old 11-15-2004, 11:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Could this be a solution for traction problems in big HP cars? (Boostage)

i dont know about outpace a AWD car but yes, its a good idea. its pretty much on every new performance car. its just anti slip. some cars modulate it with the brakes, some do it with the throttle (electronic TPS, no cable)
Old 11-15-2004, 11:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Could this be a solution for traction problems in big HP cars? (Kamin)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Kamin &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i dont know about outpace a AWD car but yes, its a good idea. its pretty much on every new performance car. its just anti slip. some cars modulate it with the brakes, some do it with the throttle (electronic TPS, no cable)</TD></TR></TABLE>

do u think it has many limits? example.. with a good non drag radial street tire do you think it could help a 400hp car perform better than a car with same setup except no traction control and drag radials?
Old 11-15-2004, 01:26 PM

Default Re: Could this be a solution for traction problems in big HP cars? (Boostage)

I built one of these for my R/C car using optical sensors instead of hall effect. I'll post video of it in action some time.
Old 11-15-2004, 01:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

theoretically yes, no matter how much HP you have, you cant go faster than traction allows.

as for real world, i dont know. never used it.
Old 11-15-2004, 02:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Could this be a solution for traction problems in big HP cars? (Kamin)

Sorry, this is off-topic, but nice 240.