Notices
Tech / Misc Tech topics that don't seem to go elsewhere.

cant get axle back in...

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2003, 10:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cant get axle back in...

ok in my brothers 95 integra ls we had to take the axle off to do some stuff ( on the drivers side) and now when we try and put it back on to align it w/the LCA they dont match up...so we looked around and found that there is a (excuse the newb terms...dont know the correct part names) what looks to like the axle end of the passanger side going into the transmission in the middle of the axle on the driver side. and the 3 ***** or rings or w/e wont go back into it...they sit at the lowest section of the rubber outside of the container. does anyone know how we can go about fixing this...its driving us nutzz!?!

we also did take the axle off the passanger side...which does line back up w/the LCA but the bolt coming from the ball joint spins w/the castle nut that connects to it...does that me we have to replace the ball join? or is there another way about fixing it.

thx in advance!
Old 06-23-2003, 07:06 AM

Default Re: cant get axle back in... (xintegra01)

hmm lets see...ive replace axles like 6 times. now and i have no idea what *****/spring u are talking about..u didnt take the axle apart did u..?cuase there is some rings in there..picts would be great..?
Old 06-23-2003, 07:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: cant get axle back in... (eg6h8k)

It sounds like you've pulled the CV joint apart. Did you remove the rubber boots that cover them?
Old 06-23-2003, 08:29 AM
Moe

Default Re: cant get axle back in... (xintegra01)

http://www.hondaautomotivepart...82%29

Second time i used this today.... you cut the CV boot band, and you lookin at your CV joints. Your gonna want to keep those clean, and if you dropped one of the bearings you gonng want to clean it with parts cleaner. Get a new band from honda or your local parts store, and replace it. It should be fine. It takes some manuvering to get the bearings to go back in, if you just push it and keep applying pressure soon they will just slide right in.

For the castle nut, your gonna want to apply pressure to the disc hub, and make sure the threads of the ball joint and the castle nut are clean. Apply pressure and it should thread, or if you have acces to air tools, just use an impact and then torque it down. Make sure you replace the cotter pin's also.

The axel doenst line up with the LCA either... And you woudl have to take the shock damper fork out to get the axel out, and hten realign the shock damnper fork with the LCA bolts.

That should about do it, if you need any help, just PM me or something. Easy, i have done axels several times.
Old 06-23-2003, 02:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: cant get axle back in... (Moe)

alright, thx for the replys...gonna give it a shot tonigith, hope everything goes okay. the thing i was talking about on the drivers side axle is the half shaft...couldnt rememner the name last night. so if i take the band off i have to replace it?

that link isnt working btw.