Notices
Suspension & Brakes Theory, alignment, spring rates....

Your opinion CAMBER KITS?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2012, 08:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Your opinion CAMBER KITS?

So I have had my car lowered for a while now and it is time I get some camber kits (front + rear) ! But i'm on a budget , $280 for
some good old megan racing camber arms was the plan I had in mind, and now i'm not all for throwing my money away on camber
kits so i decided i might get some non brand name cambers

these ones ----->
http://www.norcalautostylez.com/product_p/fck92eg.htm

Just wanted to know some opinions/advice for buying camber kits, + it's not off ebay so it can't be that bad !

don't care for having knock off camber arms just as long as it's good for the car + don't want to waste money buying going
cheap, let me know if it's just worth spending more to get some "higher quality" like skunk 2s or something. But as of right now I
feel like camber kits don't really matter much?

thanks
Old 08-04-2012, 08:28 PM
been there done that

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Your opinion CAMBER KITS?

https://honda-tech.com/forums/suspension-brakes-54/no-you-do-not-need-camber-kits-2614449/

try looking at the stickys next time
Old 08-04-2012, 08:51 PM
Master Detailer

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Why do you think you need camber kits?

Skunk2 is not "high qulaity" If you want high quality, your budget needs to double/tripple.
Old 08-04-2012, 09:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 98civdx
Why do you think you need camber kits?

Skunk2 is not "high qulaity" If you want high quality, your budget needs to double/tripple.
lol well i KNOW.. i need cambers lol.. cause i can SEE negative camber on my alignment it's bad + a while ago my mechanic gave me specs on my wheels angles and looked pretty bad.

i just need to know do camber kits really differ in quality can i just be good with these cheap old ones? im not looking into spending money on camber kits , id rather save for swaps , bars, control arms stuff like that
Old 08-04-2012, 09:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

and if i get an alignment i want the camber to stay 0 degrees or whatever i set it to for longer instead of getting messed up the day i get the alignment

(i live in San francisco many hills many bumps + speed bumps)
Old 08-04-2012, 09:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by jadeyedragon_01
lol well i KNOW.. i need cambers lol.. cause i can SEE negative camber on my alignment it's bad + a while ago my mechanic gave me specs on my wheels angles and looked pretty bad.

i just need to know do camber kits really differ in quality can i just be good with these cheap old ones? im not looking into spending money on camber kits , id rather save for swaps , bars, control arms stuff like that
LOL i can see my negative camber too, its probably like 4 or 5*, just gotta get an alignment set toe close to zero, and rotate them on time and evenly. No camber kit.

So why do you need a camber kit again? Only reason you need one is if you need more or less camber.
Old 08-05-2012, 07:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 615 Likes on 487 Posts

+ it's not off ebay so it can't be that bad !
Right. Because everything that gets sold on ebay is crap and ebay is the only place that crap is sold.

I have a dream.... that one day people will begin to use their brains when making decisions...

OP, if you need control arms that won't give you problems, stick with stock. If you have too much camber, raise your car to a more reasonable height.

Whenever you adjust your ride height, you need to reset the toe. If that proposition is too expensive, your only options are to set it and leave it alone or learn to align yourself.
Old 08-05-2012, 08:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by spAdam
Right.

I have a dream.... that id be less insulting and more mindful for respect i should have for others.
im sorry but this doesn't answer my question at all
Old 08-05-2012, 09:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by bnetkillzone
LOL i can see my negative camber too, its probably like 4 or 5*, just gotta get an alignment set toe close to zero, and rotate them on time and evenly. No camber kit.

So why do you need a camber kit again? Only reason you need one is if you need more or less camber.
i thought its to keep your angle from altering?
Old 08-05-2012, 10:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i thought its to keep your angle from altering?
On a stock honda, you cannot adjust the camber angles. That is why a camber kit is needed. But do you need one is the question.

However camber does change when you lower your car, its called natural camber, because you are not using a camber kit yet you are still gaining negative camber.

For example I lowered my car 4.5" and my camber was something crazy like -4 or -5* or more.
Old 08-05-2012, 10:37 AM
Master Detailer

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

So can I. I have -2* all around and I get perfect tire wear.

Are you getting uneven tire wear? Please post your alignment specs.
also, what car are we talking about here?
If you have to ask if there is a quality diference you haven't done nearly enough research.
Old 08-05-2012, 05:58 PM
Ek Forever y0!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Your wheels angles looked pretty bad?

Why don't you actually give us some alignment specs.

Many users on these forums, myself included, have been driving without camber kits for years even decades with no issues.

I want camber kits too, but I want MORE camber, not less.

Cliffs: You don't "need" camber kits. You want them because your alignment tech friend/acquaintance doesn't know what he's talking about.

Even if your camber is a retarded 5*+ you shouldn't set the camber any lower than 2.5-3*. Some camber makes the car handle a lot better. The camber is certainly not ever supposed to be 0*, they aren't even 0* from the factory.
Old 08-05-2012, 06:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

look man. i'm poor as **** right now. my brakes squeal. my exhaust scrapes. my clutch slave is going out. and i have a terrible gear ratio. and i'm planning to buy all name brand, authentic, quality parts.

do yourself a favor and look at NOW, not what's ahead. if you feel you NEED a camber kit (which you don't.. as the sticky thread has been posted) buy something worthwhile.

if you're into tuning cars at all.. you must learn this before ANYTHING else. you cannot have a budget. yeah, you can buy cheap shift *****, wink mirrors, headlights, etc. but as far as suspension and the motor/trans you should NEVER skimp.