Notices
Suspension & Brakes Theory, alignment, spring rates....

recomended front camber kit

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 07:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default recomended front camber kit

Just looking around for a front camber kit and want to know what to look into and what to look away from...for example and them ebay TSudo camber kits for a 96 ek civic hb any good....or any others...skunk2 is pretty expensive so not really looking into that
Old 09-28-2006, 08:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: recomended front camber kit (tobe1424)

Skunk2..
Old 09-28-2006, 08:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i think its not necessary to get a front camber kit unless you want more neg camber; the additional length of the arm compared to the stock arm creates more interference problems with the fenderwell.
Old 09-28-2006, 11:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (chrisw85)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by chrisw85 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i think its not necessary to get a front camber kit unless you want more neg camber; the additional length of the arm compared to the stock arm creates more interference problems with the fenderwell.</TD></TR></TABLE>

no. you get a camber kit to correct the already negative camber that has been caused by lowering your car and bringing your camber back to stock setting while still being low. I would suggest just getting an engals front kit cheap and effective and use washers in the rear if nessary. in regards to the fenderwell situation, to correct this you get a BFH and bang the s hit out of your fenderwell until (on the ef's) the pinch weld if flat allowing you the extra clearance for your upper control arm. if it still hits, then it is your car telling you to stop being a ricer and raise it until it doesnt hit.
Old 09-29-2006, 05:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (TheCheeseWedge)

well man my car isnt that slammed...i mean i can fit a finger in and i have 15 inch rotas...and whats the deal with the kit hitting the fenderwall??
Old 09-29-2006, 05:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (tobe1424)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tobe1424 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well man my car isnt that slammed...i mean i can fit a finger in and i have 15 inch rotas...and whats the deal with the kit hitting the fenderwall??</TD></TR></TABLE>

that doesnt mean your camber isnt off you would know on an alignment rack
Old 09-29-2006, 08:24 AM

i am runing ingals and i have had no problems.
Old 09-29-2006, 11:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TheCheeseWedge &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

no. you get a camber kit to correct the already negative camber that has been caused by lowering your car and bringing your camber back to stock setting while still being low. I would suggest just getting an engals front kit cheap and effective and use washers in the rear if nessary. in regards to the fenderwell situation, to correct this you get a BFH and bang the s hit out of your fenderwell until (on the ef's) the pinch weld if flat allowing you the extra clearance for your upper control arm. if it still hits, then it is your car telling you to stop being a ricer and raise it until it doesnt hit. </TD></TR></TABLE>

You do know that toe is the main factor when it comes to tire wear....you can get normal tire wear by just setting that to zero. A camber kit usually isn't neccesary unless you more camber without lowering the car and losing travel.
Old 09-29-2006, 11:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (EK4civichatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EK4civichatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

You do know that toe is the main factor when it comes to tire wear....you can get normal tire wear by just setting that to zero. A camber kit usually isn't neccesary unless you more camber without lowering the car and losing travel.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

your not making any sense,
toes is a factor in tire wear if it is out of spec your toe shouldnt go out of spec when lowering. when you lower a honda it causes the wheels to become negatively cambered affecting camber not toe causing wear on the inside edge not cupping
Old 09-29-2006, 11:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 66 Likes on 64 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TheCheeseWedge &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
your toe shouldnt go out of spec when lowering. </TD></TR></TABLE>

you sir are mistaken.

point blank, wrong.
Old 09-29-2006, 12:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: (chrisw85)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by chrisw85 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i think its not necessary to get a front camber kit unless you want more neg camber; the additional length of the arm compared to the stock arm creates more interference problems with the fenderwell.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Agreed. Besides, if you've already changed spring rate, ride height, and roll center, why would stock camber be the correct setting when everything else has changed?
Old 09-29-2006, 01:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Tyson)

no. you get a camber kit to correct the already negative camber that has been caused by lowering your car </TD></TR></TABLE>

Me and at least 5 other people i know use the camber kits to get more camber.

Old 09-29-2006, 06:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (EK4civichatch)

so ok..back to the point...other than ingals...how much to they go for...where can i find them.....and how bout and other recommendations
Old 09-30-2006, 02:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (slammed_93_hatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by slammed_93_hatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Me and at least 5 other people i know use the camber kits to get more camber.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

wow this thread has gone retarded im done good luck man
Old 09-30-2006, 09:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 66 Likes on 64 Posts

aww too bad. do yourself a favor and look up "bumpsteer" while youre gone, you can come back and apologize after.
Old 09-30-2006, 10:45 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: (Tyson)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tobe1424 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so ok..back to the point...other than ingals...how much to they go for...where can i find them.....and how bout and other recommendations</TD></TR></TABLE>

why not ingalls?
they've specialize in suspension products
instead of these other companies that make everything

they've been around for a very long time & are probably one of the best if not the best at making camber kits
Old 09-30-2006, 03:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hmm...i guess then, that all those world touring cars with a good amount of camber in the front are in the wrong? toe is what will wear the inside edge of the tires. I've seen cars with over -4 in front or rear, zero toe, and even tire wear. I guess theyre in the wrong too...