Suspension & Brakes Theory, alignment, spring rates....

Rear lower control arms!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 11:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear lower control arms!!

Ok so to properly fit the hardrace bushing kit on my 92 Civic it says on there site i would need to replace the rear lower control arms with control arms from a 94-01 Integra LS or GSR. My brother happens to have a extra set so will they bolt directly to my 92 Civic LX with no problems? Also i saw that hardrace now has a set of rear lower controls arms for about $150...anyone have experience with these? I have read that some brands holes for swaybars were not correct or the control arm messes up the geometry. Is this the case with Hardrace or are they too new for anyone to know yet?
Old 04-15-2010, 12:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Rear lower control arms!!

Yes they will bolt up fine as long as your shocks are for a Type R. If they have the regular fork bottom you cannot use them with Type R rear lower control arms.

Hardrace uses stock arms with their bushings installed so geometry is fine.
Old 04-15-2010, 02:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 53 Likes on 47 Posts

ITR? Hard Race has these LCA's but the sway bar end link hole is in the wrong place for EG/DC's

I saw the OE-style LCA's on www.hardrace.com but I don't think you can purchase from that site, and www.buyhardrace.com doesn't seem to carry them.

I would just get the DC LCA's and use them on your Civic with the HR bushings pressed into them.
Old 04-16-2010, 06:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Damn, I've never seen those before. I only remembered the OE arms with bushings pressed into them. Good find!
Old 04-16-2010, 09:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by phunhaus
Yes they will bolt up fine as long as your shocks are for a Type R. If they have the regular fork bottom you cannot use them with Type R rear lower control arms.

Hardrace uses stock arms with their bushings installed so geometry is fine.
The lower control arms i am getting from my brother are from a LS integra not a Type R. So will they bolt up with my stock shocks?

Originally Posted by PatrickGSR94
ITR? Hard Race has these LCA's but the sway bar end link hole is in the wrong place for EG/DC's

I saw the OE-style LCA's on www.hardrace.com but I don't think you can purchase from that site, and www.buyhardrace.com doesn't seem to carry them.

I would just get the DC LCA's and use them on your Civic with the HR bushings pressed into them.
Sorry Patrick i am slightly new to the honda game so im still getting used to the lingo. What is DC lower control arms?

Thanks guys for the help!!
Old 04-16-2010, 09:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 53 Likes on 47 Posts

DC = Integra coupe, but commonly used to refer to all 94-01 Integras (although the sedan chassis code starts with DB).
Old 04-16-2010, 09:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ok well the LCA's my brother has are def not from a type R. They are from a integra LS of those years i believe. From a coupe i am not sure ill have to check with him. He did say he couldnt use them on his 97 civic cause the shock forks wouldnt go over them or something like that..will i have that same problem with my 92? I know he has a EK and im a EG so not sure if that makes a difference..
Old 04-17-2010, 07:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Well my dumb brother just informed me that they are actually aftermarket lca's and not sure of the brand. He believes either skunk2 or blox so depending on which they are will they still except the hardrace lca bushings? Also he has a set of eibach lower springs he took off his 97 civic dx that he said i can have too will they fit on my 92 civic?
Old 04-17-2010, 07:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

They probably won't. Hardrace are OE factory sized and some aftermarket LCAs don't follow the OE factory sizing making their bushings proprietary to their arms. Kinda like what Function 7 does except Function 7 uses good bushings and makes a quality product.
Old 04-17-2010, 12:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Anybody know if the springs will work? If they will what shocks you guys suggest? Not looking for anything radical just lowering it a bit.
Old 04-30-2010, 10:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by D15B Civic
ok well the LCA's my brother has are def not from a type R. They are from a integra LS of those years i believe. From a coupe i am not sure ill have to check with him. He did say he couldnt use them on his 97 civic cause the shock forks wouldnt go over them or something like that..will i have that same problem with my 92? I know he has a EK and im a EG so not sure if that makes a difference..
That's because the center bushing on the 96-00 Civic (EK) has a 40-mm wide center bushing (and the shock fork is also 40mm to match) while the 89-95 Civic (EF and EG)/94-00 Integra (DC) use a 50-mm wide center bushing for the shock fork.

Just as an FYI - you can custom order F7 LCA's for the EF/EG/DC with a 40mm center bushing so that you can install the EK Civic shocks on your EF/EG/DC. We'll also do this conversion for any customer who already owns our EG/DC arms and want to use the EK shocks - no charge for the conversion, just shipping costs.

-A
Old 04-30-2010, 10:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by D15B Civic
Anybody know if the springs will work? If they will what shocks you guys suggest? Not looking for anything radical just lowering it a bit.
Springs will fit but the stance of the car may not look right (IIRC, the lengths of the EK rear springs are slightly different).