Suspension & Brakes Theory, alignment, spring rates....

Koni Yellow snap ring failure.

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2005, 01:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Koni Yellow snap ring failure. (Mr. Yellow #1485)

Old 01-28-2005, 01:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Koni Yellow snap ring failure. (CRX Lee)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CRX Lee &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Give me a call at the Koni office at 859-586-4100 ext 316 and we can discuss it and get some new rings and a perch out to you.

Normally we only see this kind of thing on cars with ill fitting coil-over sleeves (thus all the importance to use proper circlip capturing GC or Koni sleeves). Obviously you do not have a coil-over system on the car, this is a very rare occurance that we see only a couple of times per year and then on Preludes or Accords (the heaviest models) that are pretty well lowered and take a mighty whack from the road. Essentially hit causes your spring into coil bind going solid and then the remaining force of the impact extrudes the spring perch down over the circlip. The circlip itself did not fail, it was destroyed as a symptom of the impact. A new circlip is needed and a fresh perch is a good idea as well just to make sure everything is fresh.

Call me and we'll get you back going.</TD></TR></TABLE> thats some awesome service! l feel better with my konis!
Old 03-13-2010, 04:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Koni Yellow snap ring failure.

i just had the same problem luckly for me i wasnt driving when it happened. it slipped all the way down to the bottom so my tire rubs the wheel well
i have the ground control koni sleeves im really dissapointed i love this brand but this type of failure possibility scares me so much i might go another direction . should i give you guys a call as well?