Notices
Suspension & Brakes Theory, alignment, spring rates....

Just wanted to share my experience with D2.

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2006, 07:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just wanted to share my experience with D2.

Im not sure if this should be in this forum but I figured it would go hand and hand with suspension chat.

Bought some D2 coilovers for my 91 CRX Si with custom spring rates of 9K front and 7K rear. I had the coilovers on my car for about 8 months. I was very happy with them untill the rear passenger strut blew. No problem, they come with a years warranty. I call up the place I purchased them from and they gave me the number to some D2 distributing in California. I call them up and was told that they would have to check. I left my number with them. A week goes by, so I call back. They dont have any of my custom rates in stock I was told. No problem, thanks for letting me know. (sarcasim) He then said that he would let the headquarters know in China. I wait about another week or so and call back. I was then told that he couldnt get a hold of them because of the Chinese new year. I wait another 2 weeks and call again. I then hear that they are waiting on a shipment and will call me to let me know. I wait some more and no call. I call AGAIN and was told again that my rates didnt come in. Another week or so...I call today and hes says hes going to look if they have my spring rate in and he will call me back in 30 mins. No call.

So, I have no idea on what to do and Im not very happy with the customer service. Im ready to throw the coilovers in the trash. I would rather ride stock then support that shitty customer service.

Anyways, sorry for the rant....just a lil ticked off.
Any suggestions on what to do? Just keep callin and buggin him?

Thanks.

Matt
Old 04-17-2006, 08:17 PM
Honda-Tech Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Just wanted to share my experience with D2. (B-B-K)

were you slammed on the d2's? and for how long? definitely bug them about the coilovers and have them cover the warranty
Old 04-17-2006, 08:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

damn that sucks bro, I was going to get d2's but opted for ksports cause there serviced here in the usa. hopes it works out for you.
Old 04-18-2006, 07:21 AM
#1 Super Guy

Received 124 Likes on 118 Posts

Perhaps you should just tell him to send you new shocks, and you will re-use your old springs (unless the shock valving is different). It may be the best option if they are draging their asses. I understand how you feel. If your really that pissed about it, you can sell the replacment set (if you get it) and buy something better from someone else...

for poor customer service...
Old 04-18-2006, 09:43 PM

Default Re: Just wanted to share my experience with D2. (94eg!)

I liked that idea of using my springs wiht new shocks. I think I might do that. Im going to call again tomorrow.

Thanks guys.

Matt
Old 04-18-2006, 10:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

If they don't sell you a damn shock or replace it. I can most likely get you a new shock to help you out. I can't do it for free cause I don't deal with D2.

But I can get the factory to send me a new shock to get you up and running again.
Old 04-19-2006, 10:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Just wanted to share my experience with D2. (BodyKits NW)

http://urbanimport.com/xcart/customer/home.php

get a hold of these guys, they are the us importer for d2. Talk to Mike, he's a good guy and will deffinatly take care of you.

there were a few bad shocks that came over a while ago, you may have gotten one.