Suspension & Brakes Theory, alignment, spring rates....

Honda brake bias calculator.

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2013, 05:29 AM
a.k.a. Komodo

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Honda brake bias calculator.

OK guys, here's yet another one of my performance apps, especially written for Honda brake systems.

Honda Brake Systems

It's a powerful bias tool that will solve a circular model of bias > brake force > load transfer > grip > bias, yet I've popped all the common setups in drop down menus for quick checks. Sorry, but they're mostly UK models.

I've had to best guess the prop valve specs but at some point would like to get a rig made to test them.

It's just a 'beta test' version at the moment, bit messy and some of the temp charts seem to come out a bit wonky, but I'd love some feedback on it, especially any bits that don't seem to work.

Usual caveats apply - Doesn't work on IE, might be a bit ***** on mobiles.

Last edited by Kozy.; 02-12-2014 at 06:36 AM.
Old 08-08-2013, 06:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Honda brake bias calculator.

I just played with it for 30 seconds or so and it seems pretty interesting. Why have you limited the amount of available tires sizes so much? I'm sure sidewall doesn't play as big of a role as tread width but it seems very tailored for Civic and Integra guys. Any plans to include provisions for the Accord/Prelude setups?
Old 08-08-2013, 07:14 AM
a.k.a. Komodo

I only wrote it this afternoon and I couldn't be bothered to put every variation in! :p. It doesn't make that much difference as you say, just pick the closest for now. I will update it with more sizes in time.

I haven't duplicated setups, some models use the same specs even if the fitments are slightly different. For example EP3/S2000 use the same rotor, pad and piston size parameters. The DC2R and Prelude use the same front brakes. Etc etc.

The list would get prohibitively long if I listed every variation, but if there are some that people think should be added, then I can always add them.
Old 08-19-2013, 02:52 AM
a.k.a. Komodo

Added some updates:

Fixed issue with tempature chart which was causing it to lock out at higher speeds.

Changed the temperature chart to a fixed time interval. The 'test cycle' is now two minutes instead of 5 stops. Should be a more consistent result when comparing different engine power levels.
Old 02-12-2014, 06:38 AM
a.k.a. Komodo

Now added a basic version which should be less of an information overload and a lot easier to interpret.

Honda Brake Bias (Basic Version)