Notices
Suspension & Brakes Theory, alignment, spring rates....

Ebay front UCA quality?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2012, 09:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ebay front UCA quality?

I need some new balljoints for my UCA's on my EF but they are welded on so I need a whole new arm.

Can I get away with Ebay UCA's, or are the pricey oem and skunk2 UCAs that much better? How is the quality?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RED-ADJUSTAB...ht_4154wt_1189

Last edited by bmxtrev; 03-22-2012 at 09:51 AM.
Old 03-22-2012, 09:43 AM
The Grumpiest

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Re: Ebay front UCA quality?

This listing () has been removed, or this item is not available.
  •  
    • Please check that you've entered the correct item number
    • Listings that have ended 90 or more days ago will not be available for viewing.
Old 03-22-2012, 09:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

looking at this brand

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RED-ADJUSTAB...ht_4154wt_1189
Old 03-22-2012, 11:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I wouldn't trust it. When it's something that is structural, and could go really bad if it failed, I probably would go with a better option.
Old 03-22-2012, 11:11 AM
The Grumpiest

Get those bad boys! Put that $70 suspension on your car. Come back and and let us know when it falls apart.
Old 03-22-2012, 11:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by grumblemarc
Get those bad boys! Put that $70 suspension on your car. Come back and and let us know when it falls apart.
Quote of 2012 LOL
Old 03-22-2012, 11:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Directly From Ebay Auction:
Comes with a pair (Left and Right)
Made of high quality alloy steel
Color powder coated for durability
Direct bolt on design
Adjustable joint ball
Adjustable +/- 2 degree
Longer tire life and performance from any lowered car or aftermarket wheels

Lots of BS there.

Dont buy generic crap parts please.
Old 03-22-2012, 11:54 AM
The Grumpiest

Don't listen to this guy. Get those high quality shiny red parts and slap them on your car with the quickness. Be the envy of all your friends. They'll call you smart for not wasting money on parts just because they have a name on them and years of research & development behind them. It's all the same thing any way aint it?.
DO IT!!
Old 03-22-2012, 11:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I use factory replacement upper arms from EBAY. they are the same as you would get at a parts store.

the camber adjustable ones you posted look like crap though.
Old 03-22-2012, 11:58 AM
The Grumpiest

Originally Posted by HellaFab
I use factory replacement upper arms from EBAY. they are the same as you would get at a parts store.

the camber adjustable ones you posted look like crap though.
See? Makes no difference! People put cheap substandard parts on their cars all the time. Don't pay extra money for piece or mind and parts that will last! You only live once.
Old 03-22-2012, 12:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

just going to get some oe replacements from rock auto.

some parts on our cars aren't nearly as picky as others. tis why i asked, and your sarcastic comments are very poorly placed
Old 03-22-2012, 12:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I think I am going to stick around the suspension thread not to give my own engineering input, but just for grumblemarc's replys. lmfao
Old 03-22-2012, 12:18 PM
The Grumpiest

Originally Posted by bmxtrev
just going to get some oe replacements from rock auto.

some parts on our cars aren't nearly as picky as others. tis why i asked, and your sarcastic comments are very poorly placed
And yet you want to get OEM replacements from Rock Auto now whereas you were talking cheap Ebay **** prior. My work here is done.
Old 03-22-2012, 12:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well if they are up to par with oe replacements, then i would get the ebay ones as they are cheaper. I didn't know they weren't and thats why i asked to find out. thats how a question works bro.
Old 03-22-2012, 12:51 PM
The Grumpiest

And you got your response. That's how answers work "bro".
Old 03-22-2012, 12:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

in a very unclear and inefficient form. I must assume you are being sarcastic and not a moron to gain any information. thanks " "bro" "
Old 03-22-2012, 01:05 PM
The Grumpiest

Sorry. I didn't realize there was a criteria that you established within which you wanted an answer formatted. Didn't you say you were trying to "get away" with using non-banded cheap Ebay product? That lets everyone know that quality and reliability were not high on your list but that your obviously limited budget was. If it weren't you would have been trying to "get away" with using cheap **** nor trying to justify that some parts on Hondas "aren't nearly as picky as others". Screams cheap -*** build to me.
Old 03-27-2012, 04:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by grumblemarc
See? Makes no difference! People put cheap substandard parts on their cars all the time. Don't pay extra money for piece or mind and parts that will last! You only live once.
Or, there is no problem with Ebay upper control arms. I know they are not OEM, but they are just as good as any part store and WAY better than my skunk2 pro plus control arms that i replaced with these.

I know what you can and cant save money on and getting a standard non-oem jobber part will save money without killing you. the ebay arms that I have are the same as rock auto or any other parts supplier out there.

I dont expect you to understand though - based on your suspension question thread about your progress budget coils.
Old 03-27-2012, 04:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

there should be a new FAQ:
"Are these *eBay-brand link* good?"
No.

/thread

buy OE and call it a day.
Old 03-27-2012, 04:44 AM
The Grumpiest

Hm. Cheap Ebay UCAs. Progress suspension. Don't see the connection. Anyone?
Old 03-27-2012, 05:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The connection is you calling me cheap, but are running cheap ****. Give up being hypocritical.

Old 03-27-2012, 05:25 AM
The Grumpiest

Progress is cheap ****? On what planet? Are you saying in the sticky at the top of the page that the OP is recommending "cheap ****"? Don't confuse low cost with cheap. It's obvious you don't know that he two do not necessarily go hand-in-hand. Show me any cheap **** Progress makes. I dare you. I think the term you need to incorporate into your vocabulary is "budget-minded". Maybe even "entry-level". But by NO MEANS can you even BEGIN to compare Progress build quality and performance with no name, no R&D, no warranty Ebay knock-offs.

Here. I'll show you mine if you show me yours.
Can your anonymous Ebay "manufacturers" make this claim and back it up? Can you show me any track, race, or drag cars running with bullshit Ebay parts? I would like to think that I am getting a suspension system from a company that has a solid history and a solid reputation behind it. That if I need to I can pick up the phone and ask questions if I might have any. Can you say the same for your "Ebay" (because connecting these to Ebay is actually an insult to Ebay) "suspension"?

Mine.
Established in 1995, The PROGRESS Group Inc. has evolved from modest beginnings as a distributor of suspension components to the manufacturer of the nationally recognized PROGRESS Technology line of performance handling components.
After ten years of continuous development, The PROGRESS Technology line of suspension components has become a premier program for tuning today's popular automobiles. Our long-term commitment to superior products and unparalleled customer satsfaction are fundamental to our business today.
"Advancing the Art" is the slogan adopted by the founders of the company in their quest of becoming the leaders in today's highly competitive suspension aftermarket. The steadfast dedication to fulfilling that quest is proven by:
  • DEVELOPMENT:
    Our in-house engineering staff, maintain the consistency and exacting standards of performance matched components for today's aftermarket. The design, R&D, prototyping and testing are performed in-house to insure the seamless flow of the build process and contribute to the overall value of the product in form and function.
  • QUALITY:
    PROGRESS is proud to offer quality built domestic products made entirely in the USA, in Anaheim, California. We strive for providing enhanced suspension products with the assurance of unmatched performance and durability.
  • PERFORMANCE:
    The ultimate goal and overall value of the effort put forth is what we are here to achieve. We produce results from the products we manufacture, and these figures allow our engineers to push the envelope of design and facilitate the need to push harder and go faster. Improved handling is the result of superior design.
  • EXCELLENCE:
    "The Best Kept Secret in the Industry" is no longer a big secret. Time and time again PROGRESS Technology products are being used on winning teams in the numerous sanctioning bodies, IMSA, SCCA, NASA, SCTA, World Challenge, Honda Challenge, and lastly, Toyota Motorsports has chosen PROGRESS to equip the "new" Scion tC Pace Cars and Celebrity Challenge vehicles.
  • TUNING:
    PROGRESS creates and calibrates the dyno curves in all the coil-overs we design from our in-house shock dyno, and matches the spring rates on our load cell to optimize performance and ride compliance. All sport spring designs are painstakingly designed in-house and extensively tested to meet our exacting standards.
  • SATISFIED CUSTOMERS:
    The culmination of all these factors allows us to provide our customers with the ultimate goal: Quality domestic built proven performance suspension products at a great value and a limited lifetime guarantee to boot. We're making PROGRESS, are you?

Last edited by grumblemarc; 03-27-2012 at 05:46 AM.
Old 03-27-2012, 08:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

upper control arms- replacement part - cheap and replaces broken part - ok to cheap out on, balljoint is good quality as you would assume from a jobber.

Progress CS2 coils - ok for daily, meant for performance. sure its fine, but you technically cheaped out.
Old 03-27-2012, 09:59 AM
The Grumpiest

upper control arms- replacement part - cheap and replaces broken part - ok to cheap out on
Only your opinion
Progress CS2 coils - ok for daily, meant for performance.
Now I know you don't know what you're talking about. And my car is built for performance. Pushing just over 200hp and more once the spare block is built. I wouldn't trust "good enough" on my car. You obviously do and I guess that's okay for you and anyone like you.
Old 03-29-2012, 05:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

My .02

Sliding ball joint style upper control arms and those anodized rear links are all the same, no matter if they are brand x or blox, skunk, etc. Skunk and blox just have a sticker on otherwise identical balljoints. They all have identical bushings and identifying features and I'd put money on them coming from the same Taiwanese factory. I'll also say I've never seen any slip, outside of adjuster error.

Ingals replacement balljoints are quality but typically lack the adjustment and bling we are looking for. And they are crazy expensive for what you get.

The tubular upper control arms with sliding balljoints... they look mad cheap. But, Google backyard special control arms. I'd bet money they come from the same factory in Taiwan just like other style arms.

Quick Reply: Ebay front UCA quality?