Suspension & Brakes Theory, alignment, spring rates....

DG Industries Chassis Brace

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2007, 03:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DG Industries Chassis Brace

Is anyone using or know anyone that's using the DG Industries chassis brace? It's a 6-point brace that includes a C-pillar bar which connects to both front seat belt bolts, and then down to 2 points on the trunk floor. Any comments on this piece? I was thinking about trying it out. Thanks.
Old 11-29-2007, 05:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: DG Industries Chassis Brace (HondaMan92eg6)

anyone using this piece?
Old 11-29-2007, 06:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 53 Likes on 47 Posts

For those like me who would like to see it but are lazy:

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DG Industries &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">DG Industries new Chassis Strengthening System is the ultimate in performance handling enhancements for your Acura Integra or Honda Civic. Designed specifically for Autocross racing, this installed kit creates an endoskeleton for these uni-bodied cars. The “CS†System actually ties the upper and lower portions of the car together in order to eliminate most of the body flex which translates into better handling and increased cornering capabilities. The “CS†System is a true bolt in application that requires no permanent body modifications. It can be installed in about ½ hour and once the main brackets are in place, can be removed for daily driving or reinstalled for race day in a matter of 5-10 minutes. All components are made from aircraft grade materials which look fantastic when installed. Don’t lose your edge in performance; get your DG Industries Chassis Strengthening System today!

</TD></TR></TABLE>

I have to wonder about how effective these things really can be with non-rigid end mounts and a tube that slides over the middle bar to attach the other bars. Why did they not make the tabs for the other bars as part of the C-pillar bar instead of putting them on a tube that slides over the C-pillar bar?
Old 11-29-2007, 04:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Try it out, let us know how it improves your times around the track.
Old 11-29-2007, 08:47 PM
be professional

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DG Industries &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Designed specifically for Autocross racing</TD></TR></TABLE>

I tend to think that it was rather designed specifically for suckers.

I'm still trying to figure out if it is even legal for any class lower than Prepared.

How convenient that it just bolts up to existing points in the car, like the four seat belt mounts.

Don't buy garbage like this, and don't support companies who insult your intelligence by offering such a thing.
Old 11-30-2007, 05:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 53 Likes on 47 Posts

I wouldn't support any company that sells and markets harness bars, when harnesses should NEVER be installed into a car without rollover protection.

And yeah, this chassis brace crap would probably throw you into a class in which you would be highly uncompetitive.
Old 12-01-2007, 03:09 PM
HT White Ops

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

I doubt it will be very effective. Even if there is any effect at all, there are many things I would do before ever thinking about this.
Old 12-03-2007, 07:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

does anyone have anything positive feedback on this piece?
Old 12-03-2007, 11:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

or get creative and make something yourself for 8th the price......don't invest on that crap.......

my set up cost 50 bucks.......the X should help w/flex since it mounts at diaganal points....on that bar bove they all mount on the same axis and how would they avoid flex? I can see that only has a fancy c pillar w/extra looks....

my 2 cents...
Old 12-04-2007, 03:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: DG Industries Chassis Brace (SloCivicHMM)

^ ^ how did you bolt both the cpillar bar and the diagonal bars to one bolt hole (either seat belt hole)
Old 12-04-2007, 06:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

its the most simple set up.........look closely......I'm not sure why others haven't thought of this...

I used the same C pillar bolts.........
Old 12-04-2007, 06:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i mean how did you bolt both bars to one hole..you bolted the cpillar bar to the seat belt hole, then what did you bolt the other bar to
Old 12-04-2007, 07:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: DG Industries Chassis Brace (Targa250R)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Targa250R &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I tend to think that it was rather designed specifically for suckers.

I'm still trying to figure out if it is even legal for any class lower than Prepared.

How convenient that it just bolts up to existing points in the car, like the four seat belt mounts.

Don't buy garbage like this, and don't support companies who insult your intelligence by offering such a thing.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Agreed... get a 4pt roll bar.
Old 12-04-2007, 07:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SloCivicHMM &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

or get creative and make something yourself for 8th the price......don't invest on that crap.......

my set up cost 50 bucks.......the X should help w/flex since it mounts at diaganal points....on that bar bove they all mount on the same axis and how would they avoid flex? I can see that only has a fancy c pillar w/extra looks....

my 2 cents...</TD></TR></TABLE>

both your bar and that other one are weak as hell... if you can bend it with your own 2 hands... it not going to do jack squat. Besides the trunk doesn't even flex that much. With how much your spending, it does little no nothing for the money.
Old 12-04-2007, 07:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: DG Industries Chassis Brace (.:Made in OC:.)

rollcage or nothing.
Old 12-04-2007, 08:10 AM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: DG Industries Chassis Brace (SilverDc2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SilverDc2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">rollcage or nothing. </TD></TR></TABLE>

ya its true just weld in a cage
Old 12-04-2007, 06:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: DG Industries Chassis Brace (SilverDc2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SilverDc2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">rollcage or nothing. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 12-04-2007, 07:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: DG Industries Chassis Brace (.:Made in OC:.)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by .:Made in OC:. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

both your bar and that other one are weak as hell... if you can bend it with your own 2 hands... it not going to do jack squat. Besides the trunk doesn't even flex that much. With how much your spending, it does little no nothing for the money.</TD></TR></TABLE>

how the hell would I bend it with my own 2 hands....first its attached to 2 end points...once the bar is loaded/screwed/pulled together....its tight as hell......no play

These bars would eliminate the same flex a welded in X brace set up would in the same location..............but should not replace a cage's purpose....

NOW before someone gets their panties in a bunch (anyone for that matter)

I also have a bolt in cage................the x brace was just done cuz it cost 50 bucks for 3 cpillar bars..........

trying to help the noob out...

cage for what?? does he race? or daily it....
Old 12-04-2007, 08:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SloCivicHMM &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

how the hell would I bend it with my own 2 hands....first its attached to 2 end points...once the bar is loaded/screwed/pulled together....its tight as hell......no play

These bars would eliminate the same flex a welded in X brace set up would in the same location..............but should not replace a cage's purpose....

NOW before someone gets their panties in a bunch (anyone for that matter)

I also have a bolt in cage................the x brace was just done cuz it cost 50 bucks for 3 cpillar bars..........

trying to help the noob out...

cage for what?? does he race? or daily it....</TD></TR></TABLE>

thanks for your help man but i'm not a "noob" at all...i was just asking if anyone had any opinions on this...you dont really get much from the crappy pictures the company posts online
Old 12-05-2007, 12:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

my bad bro.....didn't mean to imply noob in a negative way.....it more of a noob question...lol, jk...

funny how people are quick to say cage.....he asked about the bar..........not a cage.....not all people would cage a car they might daily or not race....

I cage mine and daily it because I roadraced for a few years a while back...and just about to get back into it........

Old 12-05-2007, 12:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HondaMan92eg6 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

i mean how did you bolt both bars to one hole..you bolted the cpillar bar to the seat belt hole, then what did you bolt the other bar to</TD></TR></TABLE>

the x bars are bolted to the c pillar bar joints (same bolts are used)......and the c pillar bar connects to the seatbelt holes as normal across the top...

what I did was tighten both x bars as tight as I could.....then the c pillar.......then the x bars again......and then the c pillar till both bars could not be turned....locked the nots DONE!!!
Old 12-05-2007, 03:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

^ oh ok i gotcha thanks bro
Old 12-09-2007, 10:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

imagine how much laundry you could hang in the back your car though. That's gotta be worth something
Old 12-09-2007, 11:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: DG Industries Chassis Brace (nonsense)

why stop there?

Add enough bars, and you've got a portable jungle gym. It might not do squat at the track but I guarantee your kids will LOVE it.

Old 12-09-2007, 11:29 AM
HT White Ops

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Re: DG Industries Chassis Brace (PIC Performance)

LOL, I bet that place isn't there anymore, because the owners probably got sued at some point.

Quick Reply: DG Industries Chassis Brace