Notices
Suspension & Brakes Theory, alignment, spring rates....
Old 03-31-2015, 08:04 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Honda Accord Brake Guides
Print Wikipost

BrakeExpert's Brake Chart Thread - Civic Brake Upgrades for EF, EG, EK and Integras

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2013, 09:02 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: BrakeExpert's Brake Chart Thread - Civic Brake Upgrades for EF, EG, EK and Integr

ive been looking at that chart and reading the brake upgrade topic but cant figure it out still.

just final check before i go get the rotors

dual piston legend calipers and

23t bracket needs to be shaved off 3.2mm
do other brackets fit also?

keeping stock 4x100 integra rotor
and what do i need when upgrading to one size bigger rotor on 94-01 integra hub

i been staring at that page fro some time but its confusing
Old 05-29-2013, 02:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: BrakeExpert's Brake Chart Thread - Civic Brake Upgrades for EF, EG, EK and Integr

does anyone know of a tutorial on switching/upgrading master cylinder/booster on an eg?

I understand there is some hardline bending to do, and not sure how hard this is, or how to go about it in general.

I'm looking to upgrade from my stock DX 13/16's to an integra 15/16 when I upgrade to 11 inch rotor kit.

or is the conversion so damn simple that it would be a waste of time to do a tutorial?
Old 05-29-2013, 06:55 PM
#1 Super Guy

Received 124 Likes on 118 Posts

It's bolt-on to your stock small booster if you use 15/16" MC from a 90-91 Civic EX.

If you insist on using the Integra 15/16" unit (94-97 Integra RS non-abs), it's a direct bolt on as long as you use matching large integra booster.

The one that requires bending & flaring hardlines is the 94+ Integra ABS 1" master cylinder.
Old 05-30-2013, 01:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 94eg!
It's bolt-on to your stock small booster if you use 15/16" MC from a 90-91 Civic EX.

If you insist on using the Integra 15/16" unit (94-97 Integra RS non-abs), it's a direct bolt on as long as you use matching large integra booster.

The one that requires bending & flaring hardlines is the 94+ Integra ABS 1" master cylinder.
the only thing I insist on is making efficient use of my time...

I actually plan to replace both the booster AND master cylinder...as my old master cyl leaked fluid onto the booster over time and it is perforated with rust.

So, I guess I can use either the integra or EX combo and it will bolt right on

thanks for the info
Old 06-14-2013, 07:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

So I have a serious problem. I have a 99 integra Rs no abs. But the last owner decided to drill the Orem 4x100 hubs to 5x114.3 just to run 15" type r stocks. So I assume this is fine but now I want to change my brake setup. Problem is I run into so many issues. For example lets say I were to purchase the Willwood set up what car do I buy it for a type r or RS? Either way I go it won't work. If I go for the type r setup it's not going to bolt on just like that I would have to mod everything. Basically my question is what would everybody else do in my situation? I thought about buying a full 98 spec type r setup but then what would I do about my brand new buddyclub suspension I bought? It wouldn't work with the rear LCAs. I just need some advice from somebody that has been in my situation. I am willing to do anything but I don't know which route to take.
Old 06-19-2013, 06:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I have gsr/ls rear trailing arms but not sure on the year. I need the rear brake hoses (softlines) and not sure which to purchase. Im looking for OEM/ or OEM replacement rubber ones. I noticed the 94-95 are different part numbers than 96-01. Is there a really a difference? Can I use any 94-01 integra rear brake hoses?
Thanks for help.
Old 06-24-2013, 09:19 AM
Fish Twig

Received 309 Likes on 285 Posts

Whats different from the 96-00 civic LX knuckle to the EX knuckle?
Old 06-25-2013, 01:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I have a 95 civic ex coupe vtec with rear drum brakes. The car sat in a garage for about 9-10 years and I have only been driving it for the past couple of years now. While everything is basically as good as new, it is definitely time for a brake job and cv joints.

I got very lucky and found a gentleman selling 96 Spec ITR front calipers and brake pads which I pick up in the morning before hitting the brake shop. I was going to do a simple brake pad replacement but after reading this forum I am hooked on improving my brakes.

Newbie question:
I have totally stock wheels and tires 160x80x14's (pretty sure). Are these wheels going to fit around the new ITR calipers?

I am not yet changing the rotor to an 11" as I have yet to hear back from the person I asked about them. I'm pretty certain that I will have to change my tires out if I change the rotors.

I'm just concerned that if I go to the shop tomorrow, put on the new calipers that my wheels won't go back on and I'll be stuck.. that'd suck...

Has anyone run into this before?

Also:
given the huge improvement I will have up front, I fully plan on changing the rear drums to disks. I know I need the 40x40 unit and have already inquired with someone selling one.

What would be the best matching solution to the ITR's up front?

*I've read the chart and it seems that I have many options. I just want to get it right and have the best setup is all.

thanks and btw, this forum is an amazing source of knowledge. I only wish I found it a week ago when I started this adventure. More people need to start linking to it in their own sites to get google to bounce this site up the rankings more.
Old 06-25-2013, 05:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

11" front brakes require 15" wheels. There's no way they are going to fit under 14s.
Old 07-01-2013, 07:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hello, im driving ED7 D16A9 with stock 242mm discs and calipers so i want to upragde it a lil bit so i bought a 262mm VTI.EG/EJ9 discs and i wanted to buy just calipers for VTI EG or EJ9 and just to put everything on but someone told me that i have to buy knuckles from EE9? EE9 i very rare in my country, do i have some other option?
Old 07-04-2013, 02:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ok first off great thread read it all i understand it. but im new to hondas and i just got a 95 civic ex 2dr. the only thing the guy told me is that the rear disk conversion was off an integra but my problem is they cut the ebrake lines can i just get stock ones? and will they work with the conversion? or do i need another kind?
Old 07-04-2013, 06:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 615 Likes on 487 Posts

You can get the cables from a 95 coupe with abs, a 92-95 sedan with abs, or a 99-00 Si. They aren't very expensive brand new from Honda.
Old 07-09-2013, 06:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey BrakeExpert, do you have any thorough DIY/How To that I could use for the 06-07 RL Caliper upgrade? and if I wanted the biggest disc size which I believe is 12.6. I'm reading your chart and it looks like I could use my 94-01 Integra knuckles, and get a new rotor ring (?), the RL calipers, the Rotors, and a bracket, which I guess I order from you (?)
Old 07-10-2013, 12:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by blackdoom
ok first off great thread read it all i understand it. but im new to hondas and i just got a 95 civic ex 2dr. the only thing the guy told me is that the rear disk conversion was off an integra but my problem is they cut the ebrake lines can i just get stock ones? and will they work with the conversion? or do i need another kind?
or a 4-door 94-01 teg
Old 07-20-2013, 05:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I have an eg sedan that has integra brakes front and rear. I have 5 lug hubs that I'm swapping in front with new bearing and rear 5 lug hubs. Before I start this conversion I was wanting to run the front 11.8 legend/nsx brakes and rear 11.1 02-03 si brake setup on the car. I'm running a jdm itr 1" mc and the booster from same. The car is gunna see a dual purpose street/track but isn't my daily. Just wanting to make sure what ima need so I can start collecting parts and get the conversion done. Can post pics once done. Thank you in advance
Old 08-20-2013, 06:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks for all the info, the chart is a bit confusing, but with your help I've converted our Lemons / Chump Integra to 11.1 Prelude VTEC rotors (redrilled) and Legend Calipers and pads. Can't wait to try it out on the track! Thanks Smitty
Old 09-17-2013, 06:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I own a Civic 2000 dx.

I able able to get my hands on type r calipers(17cl15vn) with a 25T bracket.
Could I run the integra 10.3 rotors with those calipers, with my DX knuckle?

Are the calipers too big for those rotors? is the 25t bracket ok or will it also have to be milled?
Old 09-17-2013, 06:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by FenixB16
I own a Civic 2000 dx.

I able able to get my hands on type r calipers(17cl15vn) with a 25T bracket.
Could I run the integra 10.3 rotors with those calipers, with my DX knuckle?

Are the calipers too big for those rotors? is the 25t bracket ok or will it also have to be milled?
you didn't read any of it at all did you?

to >94-01 Integra
Use your stock knuckle (with bearing and hub). Get the caliper mounting bracket, 23T, grinded 3.2mm off of the surface where it mounts to the knuckle. Grind down 97-01 Integra Type-R pads at the middle of the backing material. Use a bench grinder to take off material off the inside of the backing plate of the two outer front brake pads. Take off enough material so that it doenst touch the rotor’s hat, about two inches width wise and take the backing material back to the pad material. Go here for details: https://honda-tech.com/thread?id=2536 Take the 17CL15VN ITR calipers, 23T GRINDED caliper mounting brackets, Civic EX rotors, and GRINDED pads and swap them onto the Civic DX.
Old 09-17-2013, 07:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I did read it where I got mixed up was I thought the "to >94-01 Integra" referred to the 17CL14VN since ITR had it's own. That was my fault I read too fast.

The seller only has a 25T bracket is that going to be a problem? does it still require more or less milling?
Old 09-17-2013, 01:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Just picked up a full front and rear disc set up from a Jdm sir. It includes everything from rotors and calipers to the hubs, trailing arms and lines. Will this just be a straight swap onto my 00 dx coupe or is there anything I should be aware of?
Old 09-18-2013, 05:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

what year sir?
Old 09-18-2013, 08:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I was told they are off an EK but couldn't guarantee a year.....
Old 09-19-2013, 08:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 615 Likes on 487 Posts

Anything lettering cast on the knuckles or anything? S04, SR3, etc. will give some clues as to what they will fit.
Old 09-26-2013, 10:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hello I have a hatch 96 dx and change the complete front suspension of a sir 2000, can I up date this with the preloud 96, I can get the complete front suspension, or wat can I use of this.
Old 09-26-2013, 11:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Oops posted a thread before I saw this, but anyway I am planning to do the rear disc swap on my 95 ex this weekend, and I got everything, including the 2000 SI master cylinder, only no brake booster. Will the 2000 SI m/c work with my 95 ex brake booster or are they different? If they're different, then can I get the SI booster and use that in my 95 or will I be bending the lines too much and should I just stick with my '95 ex m/c & booster instead?

Quick Reply: BrakeExpert's Brake Chart Thread - Civic Brake Upgrades for EF, EG, EK and Integras