Notices
Suspension & Brakes Theory, alignment, spring rates....

Apexi Suspension - Anyone Running it? any reviews?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 10:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Howcome we park on driveways, and drive on parkways?
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Apexi Suspension - Anyone Running it? any reviews?

Ive searched and havent found much on for different Apex'i suspensions....

They offer a couple of different models, but the ones i was interested in were:

- S1 Damper Kit

- N1 Damper Kit

Every thread i have read is saying to go with Koni Yellows, and the Ground Control kit.. However, my friend had a '01 ITR and had the old Apex'i N1 / World Sport suspension and it was absolutely amazing....the ITR is an amazing automobile in its own stock form, but it had me sh!tting my pants how good it held and rode after we did the suspension upgrade.

My car is a '96 Civic DX Coupe ( EJ6 )
I have a JDM ITR motor/trans with a little bit of work.....
i have the entire energy suspension master bushing kit (..... if you dont already have it....get it)
and i am running the ground control kit on my stock struts.....

it handles GREAT atm....and i can certainly say that once i did the energy suspension it was a HUUUUGGGEEEE difference.....

im also gonna be getting some support from sway/strut bars, sub-frame brace, trunk bar, etc.. etc....

im really looking for some reviews ON THE APEX'I SET.....not on some other set....

first hand accounts only please....i dont wanna hear about your mothers boyfriends daughters x boyfriend used to run this setup.....im gonna want to ask some ?'s....lol
Old 01-20-2010, 06:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Apexi Suspension - Anyone Running it? any reviews?

I have had the old N1 non adjustables on my EK those blew after about 6years with the car pretty much on the ground. Like most JDM coilovers the spring rates were geared towards the street. Not aggressive enough for me. It did ride pretty good but nothing compared to my Koni/Skunk2 or my new set up AMR.
Old 01-22-2010, 07:59 AM
MEAT PATTY

I have the apexi world sport suspension on my EG hatch, but the coilover system I have is actually for the EK. I just changed over the bushing and it works perfectly. The ride is good but not track worthy in my book. I honestly think mine need to be rebuilt. Word to the wise becareful if you do get them. The adjustable sleeve on mine wouldn't break free and it hasn't till this day, so basically my car is stuck at the same ride height. I even took a pipe wrench to the adjustable sleeve, wouldn't really move. Debated on heating the sleeve but didn't want to detroy the seals inside the coilover.

I have the other step up you mentioned (koni yellows & ground control) on my autox car. I LOVE this step up but its really not a fair comparsion because everything is dialed in on my toy. You really can't go wrong with both. Still deciding on rebuilding my world sports. When I first put them on the car rode great. The WS are more along the lines of a entry level comfortable coilover step up.
Old 01-28-2010, 04:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by STOCK_SOHC_DX
I have had the old N1 non adjustables on my EK those blew after about 6years with the car pretty much on the ground. Like most JDM coilovers the spring rates were geared towards the street. Not aggressive enough for me. It did ride pretty good but nothing compared to my Koni/Skunk2 or my new set up AMR.
Were they new when you got them??? How low did you have your setup? Did you Auto-X or Daily the car with that setup? Koni Yellows/ and Skunk 2 springs???

Originally Posted by goforbroke
I have the apexi world sport suspension on my EG hatch, but the coilover system I have is actually for the EK. I just changed over the bushing and it works perfectly. The ride is good but not track worthy in my book. I honestly think mine need to be rebuilt. Word to the wise becareful if you do get them. The adjustable sleeve on mine wouldn't break free and it hasn't till this day, so basically my car is stuck at the same ride height. I even took a pipe wrench to the adjustable sleeve, wouldn't really move. Debated on heating the sleeve but didn't want to detroy the seals inside the coilover.

I have the other step up you mentioned (koni yellows & ground control) on my autox car. I LOVE this step up but its really not a fair comparsion because everything is dialed in on my toy. You really can't go wrong with both. Still deciding on rebuilding my world sports. When I first put them on the car rode great. The WS are more along the lines of a entry level comfortable coilover step up.
If i was going to get the koni's and the GC package, should i get all 4 top hats? or do i need just two...they quoted me a price those two ways and im confused as to what the benefit would be...i think having the top hat allows for more travel?? why is that good? or bad? sorry new to suspension technicals...

What else do you have on your auto-x car???

Also the thing is I just did the whole Energy Suspension Master Bushing Kit....it took my car from sloppy to stiff....it made the world of difference and holds the road obsurdly well....im going to get some strut bars, the rear 4pt trunk brace, rear lateral bar, and the CTR sway bar with new end links.....

Should i be thinking about getting a new coilover setup if i just did the bushing kit, thought it got 10x better, and im going to add a few bars which will only help even more???? Or should i get the bars, see how it is, and go from there?
Old 01-28-2010, 06:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

unless you plan to dump the car you dont really need the top hats.
Old 01-28-2010, 08:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm currently running the Apex'i N1 ExV's. Outstanding suspension.
Old 01-28-2010, 07:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by DC2-ProdUcTiOnS
Were they new when you got them??? How low did you have your setup? Did you Auto-X or Daily the car with that setup? Koni Yellows/ and Skunk 2 springs???
Back then I did a couple of cone chasing events but mostly 1/4 mile runs although there were countless mountain runs(with the Apexi N1's).
Old 01-29-2010, 04:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Were they new when you got them???

How low did you have your setup?

Did you Auto-X or Daily the car with that setup?

Originally Posted by STOCK_SOHC_DX
Back then I did a couple of cone chasing events but mostly 1/4 mile runs although there were countless mountain runs(with the Apexi N1's).

Koni Yellows/ and Skunk 2 springs???

more info!!!!!!!!
Old 01-29-2010, 07:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i got the n1 99 spec on my 99 coupe... good stuff for the street. i would like them alittle more stiff, but the ride is super smooth. it rides almost better than stock.
Old 02-06-2010, 04:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I had apexi ws coilovers on my first ITR, i loved them for the daily driving. Im actually trying to see if there is any out there trying to sell a set for my new ITR.
Old 02-08-2010, 11:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by boostin92hatch
i got the n1 99 spec on my 99 coupe... good stuff for the street. i would like them alittle more stiff, but the ride is super smooth. it rides almost better than stock.
What spring rates do you have? you have the full coilover setup???

this is the things i wanted to hear!!!......:nervous:

Originally Posted by yeer
I had apexi ws coilovers on my first ITR, i loved them for the daily driving. Im actually trying to see if there is any out there trying to sell a set for my new ITR.

Great! yea the set on my boys ITR were absolutely amazing.......
Old 11-07-2012, 02:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah i have a set of APEX-i world sport N1 coilovers part # 246 h016 F for a 98-02 accord man those things are bad ***!!! only asking 350 picked up obo!!