Notices
Suspension & Brakes Theory, alignment, spring rates....

Anyone have any experience with "Blackworks" suspension

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2009, 02:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone have any experience with "Blackworks" suspension

I was just wondering who exactly this Blackworks company is I've been seeing pop up? I'm looking to buy a new set of coilovers for my CRX and am considering this company. They promise quite a long warranty on their suspension which is great, but is this a company that will last long enough to honor my warranty if need be? Has anyone delt with their customer service? I was always told "if its too good to be true it usually is" and well, $500 for a set of coilovers with a long warranty like they offer does seem "too good to be true". Is this a you get what you pay for type of product? I saw a thread where they were called out on their claims and promised shock dyno results after a week. This was over a month ago and I haven't seen anything. I don't want to pay $500 for suspension I have to send back every 2 months because they cut the quality to save costs. There also seemed to be a lot of gray area and lies on BWR's part in the last thread, which was locked. These things really raise some red flags for me(what professional company hires a rep who doesn't know how to even use basic punctuation?).

I have a friend who was running a Blackworks radiator in his turbo Civic and it felt somewhat cheap. There was an imperfection on the top near the filler neck but it was a function>fashion situation, so he ran it anyways. He later switched it out for a nice Fluidyne but after seeing the quality of their radiator I'm very skeptical. The radiator I saw was of, maybe less than, the quality of a Mishimoto. I like to run quality parts and don't want to purchase the next APC of coilovers. It almost seems as if I've answered my own question in this thread but I suppose I'd like to give them the benefit of the doubt. After all, this recession is killing my pockets!

I appreciate any and all input you guys may have. Cheers!
Old 11-13-2009, 05:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone have any experience with "Blackworks" suspension

I'd say save up the extra cash and get some Function and Form suspension. It will save you a headache in the long run.
Old 11-13-2009, 07:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by tlchkc
I'd say save up the extra cash and get some Function and Form suspension. It will save you a headache in the long run.

Dont get F&F, save up and get PIC apex at the very least.

They are on the forum here and were supposed to run their set-up on a shock dyno like 1.5 months ago or so. They were also supposed to have adjustable dampening coilovers out too. See how that came through
Old 11-13-2009, 07:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

never heard of them, ebay brand?
Old 11-13-2009, 08:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

oh man this should get interesting...

wonder if they ever got the dyno numbers on that twin scroll ? lol
Old 11-13-2009, 08:41 PM
No Sales Forums

Originally Posted by batallic
never heard of them, ebay brand?
Yes. ebay ownz planet earth 2nd to wal-mart.
Old 11-13-2009, 09:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by k20delslo
Yes. ebay ownz planet earth 2nd to wal-mart.
and now bwr/rms.
Old 11-13-2009, 09:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by honduh_head
oh man this should get interesting...

wonder if they ever got the dyno numbers on that twin scroll ? lol
if anyone is wondering what i was talking about....

http://www.azht.net/forum/showthread.php?t=109671
Old 11-14-2009, 09:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you're worried about a "fly-by-night" company than why don't you try Progress? The name has been around a lot longer and the price is about there, warranty is 1 year but I have had a set of those last 4 different cars and 8 years before it needed re-building.

Last edited by STOCK_SOHC_DX; 12-29-2009 at 05:45 PM.
Old 11-14-2009, 12:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I appreciate the replies everyone. I'm a bit confused with honduh_heads reply/link. Are you saying RMS Distributing owns Blackworks? If that's the case, the link you posted says a lot about them. It looks like I'll be going with something else unless someone can shed some light on this company.
Old 11-15-2009, 03:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

PIC is better than function form. FF have been dynoed and were inferior to something like PIC. Another alternative is Koni/GC. Koni yellows have been dynoed and got good results.
Old 11-15-2009, 09:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is a great thread about Blackworks that will tell you everything you need to know:
https://honda-tech.com/forums/suspension-brakes-54/input-full-coilover-suspension-blackworks-2647707/

To save you time here are some cliff notes:

- First Blackworks claimed to manufacture all of their own products. Someone questioned them on it and Blackworks admitted the coilovers were actually imported from Taiwan.

- Second Blackworks claimed that they did all of their own research, development, and quality inspections on their products. But then they admitted they had NEVER tested ANY of their coilovers on a shock dyno.

- Next people asked Blackworks to post a shock dyno for one of their coilovers. And to explain how they could possibly do R&D without shock dynos. And to explain their 'strange' spring rates.

- Finally Blackworks promised to have one of their shocks dynoed and post the results. Instead they had the mods lock the thread.
Old 11-16-2009, 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by Davidss
Here is a great thread about Blackworks that will tell you everything you need to know:
https://honda-tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2647707

To save you time here are some cliff notes:

- First Blackworks claimed to manufacture all of their own products. Someone questioned them on it and Blackworks admitted the coilovers were actually imported from Taiwan.

- Second Blackworks claimed that they did all of their own research, development, and quality inspections on their products. But then they admitted they had NEVER tested ANY of their coilovers on a shock dyno.

- Next people asked Blackworks to post a shock dyno for one of their coilovers. And to explain how they could possibly do R&D without shock dynos. And to explain their 'strange' spring rates.

- Finally Blackworks promised to have one of their shocks dynoed and post the results. Instead they had the mods lock the thread.
OK FIRST OF ALL, WE WERE VERY OPEN IN SAYING THAT WE IMPORT THE COILOVERS FROM OVER SEAS AND THAT WE DO THE QUALITY CONTROL HERE IN THE U.S.
SECONDLY I DIDNT SAY THAT WE NEVER HAD THE COILOVER ON A SHOCK DYNO PREVIOUS TO SELLING THEM,I CLEARLY SAID THAT WE WERE STILL DOING MORE TESTING HERE IN THE U.S WITH THEM ON A SHOCK DYNO HERE.AND WE DEFINATELY DO NOT HAVE "STRANGE SPRING RATES" THEY WORK VERY WELL AND THE SPRING RATES ARE SIMILAR TO OTHER MANUFACTURES SPRING RATES FOR THE SAME APPLICATION.
WE DEFINATELY DIDNT ASK TO HAVE THE LAST THREAD LOCKED BY A MODERATOR IT WAS LOCKED OUT OF OUR CONTROL BECAUSE "GE" GOT ON THE THREAD AND TOOK IT WAY OFF OF TOPIC.
AS FOR THE COMMENT ABOUT SIMPLE GRAMMAR AND NOT KNOWING HOW TO SPELL OR WHATEVER. YOU MUST BE REFERRING TO "GOLDEN EAGLE'S" REP. ROBERT,HE WAS THE PERSON WHO WAS CALLED OUT IN THAT LAST SUSPENSION THREAD NOT ME.
JUST SO THAT EVERYONE KNOWS BLACKWORKS AND RMS DISTRIBUTING ARE NOT THE SAME COMPANY AT ALL,ONE IS NOT OWNED BY THE OTHER.THE TWO COMPANIES DO ALOT TOGETHER AND RMS IS ONE OF OUR LARGEST DISTRIBUTORS.
Old 11-16-2009, 08:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Not to throw fuel on the fire, but how can you release a coilover and not already have it on a shock dyno prior to release?

How can you do the QC here in America and have never put it on a shock dyno? Is there any real QC being done?
Old 11-16-2009, 09:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

because it wasn't done ^

and this isn't the first time. pretty much everything they have released was not r & d'd. they were supposedly selling their twin scroll manifold before any dyno testing was done.
Old 11-16-2009, 11:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by BWRSUPPORT
OK FIRST OF ALL, WE WERE VERY OPEN IN SAYING THAT WE IMPORT THE COILOVERS FROM OVER SEAS AND THAT WE DO THE QUALITY CONTROL HERE IN THE U.S.
SECONDLY I DIDNT SAY THAT WE NEVER HAD THE COILOVER ON A SHOCK DYNO PREVIOUS TO SELLING THEM,I CLEARLY SAID THAT WE WERE STILL DOING MORE TESTING HERE IN THE U.S WITH THEM ON A SHOCK DYNO HERE.AND WE DEFINATELY DO NOT HAVE "STRANGE SPRING RATES" THEY WORK VERY WELL AND THE SPRING RATES ARE SIMILAR TO OTHER MANUFACTURES SPRING RATES FOR THE SAME APPLICATION.
WE DEFINATELY DIDNT ASK TO HAVE THE LAST THREAD LOCKED BY A MODERATOR IT WAS LOCKED OUT OF OUR CONTROL BECAUSE "GE" GOT ON THE THREAD AND TOOK IT WAY OFF OF TOPIC.
AS FOR THE COMMENT ABOUT SIMPLE GRAMMAR AND NOT KNOWING HOW TO SPELL OR WHATEVER. YOU MUST BE REFERRING TO "GOLDEN EAGLE'S" REP. ROBERT,HE WAS THE PERSON WHO WAS CALLED OUT IN THAT LAST SUSPENSION THREAD NOT ME.
JUST SO THAT EVERYONE KNOWS BLACKWORKS AND RMS DISTRIBUTING ARE NOT THE SAME COMPANY AT ALL,ONE IS NOT OWNED BY THE OTHER.THE TWO COMPANIES DO ALOT TOGETHER AND RMS IS ONE OF OUR LARGEST DISTRIBUTORS.
With all due respect, from what I have read there is a lot of gray area and false information on BWR's behalf. Regarding the grammar comment, that was directed to the Blackworks rep and you're post only supports my claim (lack of punctuation, all caps, etc.). With that said, I will be waiting a couple extra weeks, and purchasing a set of PIC's.
Old 11-16-2009, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by 2000CTR
With all due respect, from what I have read there is a lot of gray area and false information on BWR's behalf. Regarding the grammar comment, that was directed to the Blackworks rep and you're post only supports my claim (lack of punctuation, all caps, etc.). With that said, I will be waiting a couple extra weeks, and purchasing a set of PIC's.

i Am gLaD YoU FeEl ThAt If i TyPe In CaPs LeTteRs ThAt It IS GonNa AfFEct OuR ParTS QuALitY. i only typed it in caps to get a point accross. Honda-tech is not a high school english class. i am sure you can go into any vendors thread and find tons of grammar errors.
Old 11-16-2009, 11:42 AM

here is a link of our shocks on our shock dyno.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3meuLR-J4c
Old 11-16-2009, 12:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

yeah when it comes to coilovers you get what you pay for. that's something you dont want to cheap out on unless you want your car to ride like bad
Old 11-16-2009, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by civicjunkie17
yeah when it comes to coilovers you get what you pay for. that's something you dont want to cheap out on unless you want your car to ride like bad
well i can assure that our coilovers ride and handle very well. i have had many of the different high dollar coilovers on my personal cars and the BWR ones are very comparable to them but at a fraction of the cost.
Old 11-16-2009, 12:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

here is a link of our shocks on our shock dyno.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3meuLR-J4c
why even post this? its 6 seconds of shocks on a dyno, nothing more nothing less. how about posting up the findings from said dyno session?
Old 11-16-2009, 01:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i Am gLaD YoU FeEl ThAt If i TyPe In CaPs LeTteRs ThAt It IS GonNa AfFEct OuR ParTS QuALitY. i only typed it in caps to get a point accross. Honda-tech is not a high school english class. i am sure you can go into any vendors thread and find tons of grammar errors.
In my line of work, how you present yourself reflects the product you are selling. As a representative for a company you should know this first hand; you are representing the product. I understand people make spelling and punctuation errors, no one is perfect. However, not knowing how to capitalize letters and use other very basic punctuation (such as commas and periods) does not look good and should be unacceptable by your place of employment. I'm glad you set your standards as low as "other vendors", rather than aiming to look better. To me, this says a lot about, not only the people who work at Blackworks, but the product itself. I would suggest you look up professionalism as you could learn a great deal from it.

Cheers
Old 11-16-2009, 01:07 PM
New User

He was probably referring to the professionalism (or in this case, lack there-of) that your poor online communication skills shows. If you can't even take the time to type a simple response on a forum correctly, whats to make us think you took the time to do any srt of R&D on your products?

Wait...isnt that what this thread is about anyways?
Old 11-16-2009, 01:21 PM

The results will be posted. Honduh head I have done some research on you and have found that you seem to have a personal goal to find any thread that has to do with BWR, and go into it and make smart remarks, bash our products, and run you mouth behind your keyboard. I have also discovered that you have no real part of the import/honda industry other than a forum junkie. You "had" a camaro until it got taken away from you, and now you have a bone stock single cam with absolutely no intentions on doing anything to it. I have read how you have gone from shop to shop in az until you burned your bridges with all of them. If you have some personal problem with us please let me know. You have never purchased one of our products, and you probably have never even seen our products in person. So I don't see how you can back up your comments.

Last edited by BWRSUPPORT; 11-16-2009 at 01:42 PM.
Old 11-16-2009, 01:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The results will be posted. Honduh head I have done some research on you and have found that you seem to have a personal goal to find any thread that has to do with BWR, and go into it and make smart remarks, bash our products, and run you mouth behind your keyboard. I have also discovered that you have no real part of the import/honda industry other than a forum junkie. You "had" a camaro until it got taken away from you, and now you have a bone stock single cam with absolutely no intentions on doing anything to it. I have read how you have gone from shop to shop in az until you burned your bridges with all of them. If you have some personal problem with us please let me know. You have never purchased one of our products, and you probably have never even seen our products in person. So I don't see how you can back up your comments.
you're cute. IDGAF if you put me on blast i have nothing to hide. i've never been on payroll for any shop in arizona besides Baer Brakes, which was an awesome job. so don't know where you got that info.

yup, my camaro got repo'd, who cares about that tho? aren't you being investigated by the IRS? or was that just a bunch of bull ****?

and you know what? i actually stuck up for you, in BOTH of your manifold threads on azht, but i guess that's just internet trolling...

Quick Reply: Anyone have any experience with "Blackworks" suspension