Suspension & Brakes Theory, alignment, spring rates....

4th gen Prelude full suspension upgrade inquiry

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2013, 06:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4th gen Prelude full suspension upgrade inquiry

I've done hours and hours of reading and I haven't come across a thread detailing any kind of full suspension upgrade options. Everything I'm finding is cheap *** dudes looking for a quick dirty drop. I want to do the opposite of that. Everything on my Lude is stock as far as suspension goes and I want to fully upgrade it. I've got a budget of about 3-4k depending on what I can come up with. Sitting on 17s, JDM h22a with innovative mounts, etc. I'm no stranger to Hondas, engine work, and OEM suspension replacement and alignment but I don't know a damn thing about suspension upgrades at all. I want to lower it some, but I want to do whatever it takes to keep away from the dumb looking negative camber that happens when dropping too much without spending money to make it worth it. Basically I'm not afraid to drop some money on my car so I'm looking for a parts list to a full upgrade option.
Old 09-28-2013, 09:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 4th gen Prelude full suspension upgrade inquiry

https://honda-tech.com/forums/suspension-brakes-54/click-here-all-you-curious-about-suspension-setups-their-costs-reliability-2967499/

Typically you would be told to learn the car on the stock suspension first, but assuming we're past that point the next step would be your basic setup:

something like

- Koni sports + Ground control coilovers
- a thicker rear sway.. The Suspension techniques bar is probably your best budget option, but there is also Progress, Tanabe, and Addco
- a good alignment
- you could also replace your stock bushings with urethane for less deflection.. both Prothane and Energy Suspension have "master" kits