Offering Port Work for all applications Stage 1, Stage 2

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 02:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Offering Port Work for all applications Stage 1, Stage 2

Please Bump if viewed

Keeep negative coments to yourself

Offering Port work, for all motors and all kinds of applications

1.) Stage 1 Mild (Streetport) - daily driven minor material removal best for street driven cars with a compression lower than 10.8 will pass scca and Nasa specifications for street mod and ITA racing. This is how a type r head gets a little more work done to it. Match the ports intake and exhaust and clean up the pockets and runners for a better flow charateristics. Used with stage 1 cams and bolt ons.

2.) Stage 2 Medium (Semi street car/weekend track car) Driven on the street but mostly designed to be used on track, higher rpm capabilities. Ports and valve pocket work is more extensive and maximized for more power in desired rpms.
Recomended to have 11.1 and above compression for maximum effeciency and valve train for desired HP out put and engine demands. Stage 2 or higher cams and engine tuning is a must.

3.) Stage 3 Radical (Built solely for customer spec) All out race port for customer requirements. All work and items used will be in confidential and only released to customer.

I will have pics of work done and examples of diffrent porting options for different apps. Except for Stage 3 work. Pm Me for Pricing and info on the type of head and what kind off application you are going to be using this set up for. The more accurate and decisive you are of your applications the better i can build the head for your needs. Prices differ to the amount of work needs to be done, ie. Is it a bare head with no valvetrain, what kind of valve angle work do you want done. Things of this nature, cost time and money so think about what you want to do and then we can figure out what it will cost.

Pricing is for a bare head brought to me.

basic stage 1 Bare head $300 + $150 for 3 angle valve job and head resurface.
basic stage 2 bare head $400 + $150 for 3 angle valve job and head resurface.
stage 3 -TBD

IM and EX Manifold Match porting - $80 each to Match to head ports
(Intake Manifold and Exhaust Manifold oem or aftermarket must be brought with the head, with gaskets on delivery) Ex manifold Match porting is only done for turbo applications. For Normally aspirated engines only the Intake port and Intake manifold needs to be matched.

Any extra work would be charged accordingly. My Labor charge is half of what a shop would charge. $35 and hour. So if you want to save money then it would be best to bring the head to me in as bare as possible. Work getting done is in a basis of 2 weeks time from when you deliver it, checking of items like imperfections on the head like hairline cracks and pressure testing is extra, as i have to send it out to have pressure tested and decked. I do not have a $8000 machine to do the pressure test and xray for hairline cracks.

PM ME if your interested and let me know what you want done i can pretty much tell you how much it will cost and how long the down time is going to be.

Down time for the diffrent aspects of what is being done.

Stage 1 - Straight port job only - 7 days (1 week)
Stage 1 - With valve job and hot tanking 12 days (week and half)

Stage 2 - Straight Port Job only - 10 days (week and half)
Stage 2 - WIth valve job and hot tanking 14-15 days 2 weeks at least.(more Work)

Stage 3 - Fully customized, no set time for this type of work. TBD.

What is included in the service for free
I will install your valve seals for free if you drop them of with the head thats going to be worked on.

I will stamp the head with my business name and i will also stamp it with your 3 digit inital and a serial# in a place that you the customer and I will know. This way I will know if its a head i worked on or not. And the worst case scenario,if you car gets jacked and you find your motor on somebody elses car then you will have proof. Just a small but usefull measure for all of us.

Thank you

If your wondering about my credentials.

Worked at TRD in Torrance in the late 80's to the mid 90's "TRD GLORY DAYS"
Moved over to DPR for a couple years till the late 90's where i worked with the people who now run portflow.
Been working on motors mostly for Road racing(scca/nasa) applications
Calpoly Pomona racing engineering program. 1992-1994
AL Least racing machines internship. (worked for free to gain knowledge from one of the succesful nostalgia drag racers) World class engine builder.

Modified by YVERSION at 1:01 PM 4/12/2007

Modified by YVERSION at 1:11 PM 4/12/2007

Modified by YVERSION at 1:18 PM 4/12/2007

Modified by YVERSION at 3:42 PM 4/18/2007

Modified by YVERSION at 3:44 PM 4/18/2007
Old 04-11-2007, 02:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Offering Port Work for all applications Stage 1, Stage 2 (YVERSION)

aww porting.....
Old 04-11-2007, 02:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Offering Port Work for all applications Stage 1, Stage 2 (ColMustard)

DPR in the gasoline alley?????
Old 04-11-2007, 03:50 PM

same work alley pricing
Old 04-11-2007, 03:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

DPR....that's old skool stuff right there!
Old 04-12-2007, 06:33 AM

Yes this is old skool. Dan from Dpr and Rob From RPS are one of the main people who has changed the world of import tuning, specially honda tuning. Dan and Rob both worked for TRD in their R&D dept. This is before TRD USA became a money market dept, in the 80's where TRD dominated IMSA Racing SCCA solo and numerous type of racing genres and even the Baha races with Ivan Iron man Sterwart. DAN and ROB worked in the development on all this engines. Dan was the main engineer for induction and Rob was for Drive train.

I am fortunate to have worked with this people, and learned a lot. "Old Skool" thats right.
Old 04-12-2007, 06:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

You must know Rick Kemph......My head guru........

Last edited by JOE BD-0; 02-13-2010 at 02:53 PM. Reason: name spelling
Old 04-12-2007, 07:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I started out in the scene in 93. I remember Dan Paramore, KG, JG, etc. I remember the old skool racers like, Tony Fuchs, Myles Bautista, JoJo Callos, Junior Aspper, etc. Those were the good days, when guys would race for fun and bragging rights.

I still get my cars fixed by Tony. He's become a pretty good mechanic here in the valley.

Your prices for port work are great. Looks like you've worked with the right people. Good luck on your business ventures.
Old 04-12-2007, 07:42 AM

Yes, how is he? The last time i spoke to him was at Dan's Place a few years back. If you ever get to talk to him again tell him that the 4age head that we did an experimental port on actually worked pretty good. Trying new things is always good.

Necessity is the mother of invention.
Old 04-12-2007, 07:47 AM

Oh yes, tony fuch's cyber racings white ghost da. very nice. I know the shop in winnetka and roscoe right. I see him from time to time. Now if your talking about old school how about group A autosport before they became skunk works project and then got sewed by lockhead for the name and then Skunk 2.
Old 04-12-2007, 08:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yup thats the shop. He's working on Marty Rauch's cars now. Marty races competitively in those honda tuning challenge series I think. He's basically keeping the shop alive.

You want more old skool. I have story about RJ DeVera. I met RJ at the first Import Showoff I believe it was in SD. I first saw his white integra at a shop in SD called EuroX Motosports. He was getting his car fixed by the owner (forgot his name). When I talked to RJ about it, he said the owner screwed him. RJ paid 3K to get the head ported as well as stronger internals (don't know the complete details), only to hit a low 17sec pass at Battle of the Imports.

Its funny, my wife even knows about the import scene. In fact, she was exposed to it earlier than I was, in 91. She used to hang out with Myles at school.

Ahhh the memories. Damn I feel old haha.
Old 04-12-2007, 08:49 AM
SiRek4

Default Re: Offering Port Work for all applications Stage 1, Stage 2 (ColMustard)

bump for you

Old 04-12-2007, 08:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Offering Port Work for all applications Stage 1, Stage 2 (snowboardgeek1)

I kindly bumped!
Old 04-12-2007, 08:55 AM

Default Re: Offering Port Work for all applications Stage 1, Stage 2 (snowboardgeek1)

Damn, RJ devera I help him on two cars. The yellow wide body ek, I did the port work and helped him on the turbo set up. The Blue domani front end EK four door, i did the suspension work and brake system on that car. Nothing major just got it to fit 20's on a four door ek. Back then in the late 80's and early 90's it was how good you were at fabrication and also how adventurous you were to try something new. Thanks to all those people for openning new doors. And for Myles, its not even funny he's first turbo set up was a starrion turbo bolted on to a makeshift manifold that he's dad built for him with also a startion front mount intercooler. I saw this in person in his dads body shop. We used to call it the mitsuhonda car.
Old 04-12-2007, 08:57 AM

Thanks for the Bump
Old 04-12-2007, 09:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah that little crx he had was quick. I think he owns a shop in the valley. He owns Revhard right? I should go visit him and bring my wife with me. Maybe he can hook me up haha.

Good reminiscing with ya. Back in those days, people were trying new stuff. Now its all about following the JDM crap. Don't get me wrong, I think JDM looks clean, but I fix my cars for my tastes only.

Do you perform head work on DSM cars as well? I just bought a 95 GSX with a snapped timing belt for 300. Its my new project car. Interior and exterior in excellent shape, clean title, one owner car. Used to be owned by my coworker. Anyhow, if you know anyone in the valley who can work on my car, let me know.

Also, big bump for ya.
Old 04-12-2007, 12:54 PM

Keep in mind i am only offering port work, Extra work has to cataloged and charged accordingly. I suggest that you have a plan on what needs to be done.

1. Do you want a 3 angle or 5 angle valve job since the 5 angle is a lot more expensive.

2. Do you want to pressure test and X-ray the head for leaks and hairline cracks.
(Recomended with high mileage heads, Previous racing or hard driving exp.)

3. what kind of valves and valve seals are you going to be using( I suggest Honda valve seals for stage 1 and stage 2)

4. Do you want to Match the Intake manifold with the port work done to your head. ( Intake manifold must be present upon delivery of the Head)

4. Is this going to be for a street car or a track/weekend car or a full on racecar. This is one of the most important questions to ask. Since having a stage 2 port work done with a car your going to be driving everyday is not useless but a waste. Stage 2 port work is for cars that require the motor to be revving at a constant high rpms to maximize its port and flow design. Hence forth the High compression and bigger and longer durations cams. It is true you can get away with driving a monster like this on an everyday basis but with how gas prices are i suggest that you dont. I know that i charge a lot more for the stage 2 and is more money in my pocket but I dont want my customers to be unhappy with their build. I have 3 stages of builds a Stage 1, Stage 2, Stage 3. If you already know what you want then Im pretty sure that you already brought all this aspects into your decission making. Remeber that you are hiring me and i am only giving you what kind of port work you want. I will try my best to find the best solution for your tuning needs.

5. if you have tools and are pretty handy with one, I suggest that you take off as much from the head as possible. Sensors and cables and gaskets and things of that nature. leave what is inside the valve cover ie. Cams, cam caps, valves and things of that nature. This way the work will go smoother and your head will get back to you in a more expedited manner.

6. last but not the least Payment, I only accept cash. Payment is payed in 2/3's upon delivery 65% of what it will cost. Upon completion of work remaining balance will be tenedered. I have a standard 5 weeks of holding time. It is necessary to pick up your head with in this time frame.

I thank you for everyone who has shown interest and bumped this thread. I am pretty swamped right now with 2 stage 3 heads. I cannot take pics of these set ups, but i will try to have one of my old heads that i worked on for reference. I will be finishing those projects by the 15th of this month so if your ready i will be free by then.

Modified by YVERSION at 8:21 AM 4/17/2007
Old 04-12-2007, 02:55 PM

bump
Old 04-13-2007, 06:37 AM

Old 04-13-2007, 01:21 PM

up to the top
Old 04-13-2007, 01:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

pics of your work? wat stage u suggest for boost? stage 1? since comp is lower than 10.
Old 04-16-2007, 06:40 AM

For Turbo its a diffrent kind of porting work, the way you approach the port flow characterestics is a little diffrent. I would suggest a bridge between stage 1 and stage 2. Basically a slightly more aggressive stage 1 approach.
Old 04-16-2007, 08:12 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by YVERSION &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">For Turbo its a diffrent kind of porting work, the way you approach the port flow characterestics is a little diffrent. I would suggest a bridge between stage 1 and stage 2. Basically a slightly more aggressive stage 1 approach. </TD></TR></TABLE>

for knowledge
Old 04-17-2007, 06:04 AM

Thanks for the bump.
Old 04-17-2007, 06:08 AM
NooB

Great prices whats the turn around time.Pm's for stage 3 price.

Quick Reply: Offering Port Work for all applications Stage 1, Stage 2