Notices
Southern California Fresno & Below

a ticket question

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 10:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a ticket question

I just got a ticket for my back turn signals being white. The officer said it is not a fix it ticket.

Is there a way for me to fight this?

Old 09-05-2008, 11:50 PM

Default Re: a ticket question (thegreat0ne)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by thegreat0ne &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I just got a ticket for my back turn signals being white. The officer said it is not a fix it ticket.

Is there a way for me to fight this?

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Maybe, not sure how CA's laws are. Did he give you a ticket cause the lenses were white or cause the light of the turn signal was white and not amber...
Old 09-05-2008, 11:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: a ticket question (Blindside454)

i think it was because the light was white?

He wrote "26101 VC- white turn signal" and 24601 VC- PLT LT. REQ.
Old 09-06-2008, 12:01 AM

Then what i would do is just replace the bulb with amber ones to stay out of the cops eyes, so you dont keep getting tickets. I really cant think of a way to fight the ticket tho, and it sucks cause im usually good with that stuff...
Old 09-06-2008, 02:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

used google.
someone posted this on some other forum

Incorrect color of turn signal. It must be white or yellow to the front, red or yellow to the rear (24953 VC).
Old 09-06-2008, 03:49 AM
H-T White Ops

Default FV-QR

you fight it by paying the thing and fixing your annoying white turn signal.
Old 09-06-2008, 07:06 AM

Default Re: FV-QR (IslandSi)

I think that if you plead guilty with an explanation you can say something along the lines that that was how the car came and you had no idea, and that you also have replaced the bulb with the appropriate colored amber bulb.

The most I would hope for would be a possibly reduced fine.

If it's not too much I would just pay it
Old 09-06-2008, 07:22 AM

Default Re: FV-QR (civicjoe)

First off, never ever plead guilty in traffic court. I dont care if its a parking ticket. Pleading guilty is an admittance of wrongdoing. Pay the fine, change the bulb to the proper color and keep it that way (or it'll happen again and again), tell the cop/judge have a nice day, and be on your way.
Old 09-06-2008, 07:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re:

should of have told the cop that you didn't know it was white, that it came like that with the car and you never notice it because you only use the signal when your in the car and can't see its color. then if your lucky they'll run your plates and driving history and if its clean, they'll just tell you to get it fix. why did i tell you this? i've been there done that.
Old 09-06-2008, 10:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Re: (halocore)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by halocore &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">should of have told the cop that you didn't know it was white, that it came like that with the car and you never notice it because you only use the signal when your in the car and can't see its color. then if your lucky they'll run your plates and driving history and if its clean, they'll just tell you to get it fix. why did i tell you this? i've been there done that.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, thats what i told him and he still gave me the ticket. I'm pretty sure, he just wanted to give me a ticket, since its the beginning of the month. It was in Irvine; police there have nothing else to do.
Old 09-06-2008, 11:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Re: (thegreat0ne)

I used to have white as well, my friends dad (who is a police officer) told me that I should change it because a cop having a bad day will write me a ticket for it.

You don't need to fight it man, you broke the damn law. Saying that you didn't know is the worst argument, so don't try that either. "I swear officer I had NO [freak]ING CLUE it was illegal to kill my wife!" yeah...

Pay the fine, clear the ticket, and replace the bulb.

By the way, just the fact of you GOING to court and telling them you replaced the bulb will probably get you a reduced fine.

/thread
Old 09-06-2008, 12:00 PM

Default Re: FV-QR (King V)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by King V &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">First off, never ever plead guilty in traffic court. I dont care if its a parking ticket. Pleading guilty is an admittance of wrongdoing. Pay the fine, change the bulb to the proper color and keep it that way (or it'll happen again and again), tell the cop/judge have a nice day, and be on your way.</TD></TR></TABLE>

lol sorry I just don't see how you could plead not guilty, either the bulb was the wrong color or it wasn't. In minesota you mail in fines for just about everything. Then when you go to court you can either A - plead not guilty or B - plead guilty and offer an explanation in hopes of getting a reduced fine.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by halocore &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">should of have told the cop that you didn't know it was white, that it came like that with the car and you never notice it because you only use the signal when your in the car and can't see its color. then if your lucky they'll run your plates and driving history and if its clean, they'll just tell you to get it fix. why did i tell you this? i've been there done that.</TD></TR></TABLE>

^^^This is what I'm talking about. He already got ticketed by the cop, so why not tell the judge this.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hgem1si &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I used to have white as well, my friends dad (who is a police officer) told me that I should change it because a cop having a bad day will write me a ticket for it.

You don't need to fight it man, you broke the damn law. Saying that you didn't know is the worst argument, so don't try that either. "I swear officer I had NO [freak]ING CLUE it was illegal to kill my wife!" yeah...

Pay the fine, clear the ticket, and replace the bulb.

By the way, just the fact of you GOING to court and telling them you replaced the bulb will probably get you a reduced fine.

/thread </TD></TR></TABLE>

eh? eh? What did I say? killing wifey is a little too serious an example. Tell the truth I wouldn't have had any idea my car did not have legal lights if they came like that...
Old 09-06-2008, 01:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Just go to the court and see what option they give you.
Old 09-06-2008, 01:52 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by civicjoe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

lol sorry I just don't see how you could plead not guilty, either the bulb was the wrong color or it wasn't. In minesota you mail in fines for just about everything. Then when you go to court you can either A - plead not guilty or B - plead guilty and offer an explanation in hopes of getting a reduced fine.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Actually you can plead No Contest which basically means yeah it happened but here is my sob story. Its different than pleading guilty as stated pleading guilty is admitting to wrong doing.

replace the bulb with an amber one plead no contest and give them the sob story of that you bought the car that way and didnt know that the bulb was white give proof that you fixed it and hope for a reduced fine and or the ticket being dropped. You will still have to pay the court fees.

You can also ask to talk to the city attourny before you have to stand before the judge, and then you give the city attourney your sob story and proof that you changed the bulb and they can reduce the fine and you say thanks and be on your merry way with out having to stand in front of the judge. or they can say tough luck and pay the fine.
Old 09-06-2008, 05:49 PM

Default Re: FV-QR (Unit44justin)

hmmm I didn't know that, thanks
Old 09-06-2008, 05:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by civicjoe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

lol sorry I just don't see how you could plead not guilty, either the bulb was the wrong color or it wasn't. In minesota you mail in fines for just about everything. Then when you go to court you can either A - plead not guilty or B - plead guilty and offer an explanation in hopes of getting a reduced fine.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Because if you plead guilty there is no chance of plea bargaining the ticket down.

If you plead not guilty, the DA will talk to you before you talk to the judge regarding the ticket. Then he can explain it's fixed now that he is aware that it's illegal, show pictures and quite possibly have the ticket reduced to a non-moving violation, which will not count against your insurance. Yes, you still pay your fine and court costs, but you keep your insurance record the same, and that's a biggie.