Notices
Southern California Fresno & Below

Low Prices Sd

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 12:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Low Prices Sd

This is a thread dedicated to the bargain hunters. any good deals you find, or anything you wanna share. I, myself love to call around and find the best deals and cheapest bargains i can find. i'll start with the most recent first. i've never own a salvaged title vehicle before. lazy b1tch at the DMV wasn't being helpful at all. i finally learned the ropes of doing my own research. luckily everything went smooth and straight and it had cost me $151 to retain a salvaged vehicle.

the lowest i found for a brake and lamp inspections were $47. first shop i've called quoted me $97. there were some 87,77,75,67,and 60. shopping around really does pay off.

the name of the shop is called, A N B Auto Repair, Inc. they're located in the mid-city area.

3502 University Ave. San Diego, CA. 92104

(619) 563-8999
Old 08-15-2009, 10:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Low Prices Sd

anyone know of a good auto auction in san diego? or maybe a website? i've never been to a auction before. i'm thinking of buying a whole car with complete interiors so i can swap it out to my car. is this a good idea? so far i've checked CL and junkyards and it has not been good.

which one do the junkyard owners go to?
Old 09-08-2009, 10:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Number 1 Honda Stealership: Tipton Honda, Ball Honda, and Fuller Honda.

Stay away from these unless you like getting ripped off.
Old 09-18-2009, 12:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL my Parents live up the street from Fuller Honda...
If you want OEM Honda Parts contact the dealer then compare with Majestic Honda....

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/
Old 09-21-2009, 03:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

copart.com , what did you have to do with your salvage titled car? i just got one recently and havnt registered it yet.. any tips
Old 09-24-2009, 02:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by VDM_DC2
copart.com , what did you have to do with your salvage titled car? i just got one recently and havnt registered it yet.. any tips
yeah that's where i went to see my baby was at copart! that's how i found out about them.

you have to bring it to a brake and lamp inspection place. like i said, the lowest i've found was $47. if you can find lower than that please let us know.
Old 09-24-2009, 03:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

what sup what sup guys, it's time to shop for some stereo's. can't really open my mouth too much of what i'm looking for or getting. as you know this is a open forum and thieves are on the rize and prowling all over. but i can tell you where i've been and maybe i can save you a little time and money. please check it out- these are in no particular orders.

East County-

El cajon: SD car stereo, car audio heaven aka classic sounds,

advanced audio, audio plus, pacesetter

La Mesa: al n ed's

Lemon grove: big boyz car audio

South County-

National city: evolution team, audio exchange, audio city, sound solutions auto styling

Chula vista: leemor sound, audio car, coronado electronics, audio xperts, stereo 1 warehouse

North County-

Escondido: audio sports

West Side-

Sports arena: StreetNoyz aka Fritz auto sound back in the day, progressive mobile audio

Pacific beach: stereo outlet

Kearny Mesa: SD car stereo, sound check, car audio heaven

Central SD-

Mission gorge: audio proz

The Blvds: soundiego, car audio heaven, audio cellution, stereo depot

University Ave. from city heights to college area: digi sports, audioland, supersonic no longer in bussiness

Downtown Area-

Imperial ave: Imperial auto sound

scary looking shops that carries scary looking brand names are audioland and stereo 1 warehouse.

today i stopped by my last shop, "speed stereo" in national city. saw an empty parking lot but decided what the heck. lets go get an estimate anyways. doors were locked. looked inside and there were still some stereos in there. went to the tuxedo shop next door and ask if they're still in bussiness. lady said just go to the back. i went to the back and saw a few people standing and talking. i asked if they're open, dude replied back saying, "yea, but i'm busy." what kind of customer service is that!?? i got a bad vibe. i immediately got in my car and took off.

these shops just ignores me and looked at me dazed: sound solutions and audio xperts.

audio xperts; maybe i went at a wrong time- they were having dinner. nobody came up to me and ask if i needed help. only fatboy was looking at me like he wanted to help but he was too busy eating. maybe he was more hungry than to serve a customer. it's ok i didn't like what they carry anyways.

sound solutions; maybe because i parked my car behind their building and they thought i was some random dude that just got off the bus. i took a quick look at the salesman, installer, and shop, and said, "whoooshh!!!!"

these shops are very aggresive and pushy, they tried to hustled me. leemor sound and stereo depot. stay away from these guys!!

i have no intentions of going to north county, but with these guys, the price just sound too good to be true.

audio sports; when i got there, oh no!! another arab shop! i promised myself to never support these guys again. nothing against arabs, just a lesson learned 10years ago. anybody remember stereowarehouse on convoy? yep, they f*cked me up big time. they hired inexperience installers which pisses me off. these guys said "free installations." f*ck no! i'm outtee! sometimes low prices are not always good. i feel sorry for this one customer. the moment i got there them arabs pulled out the demo deck from the wall and will be putting it on a white honda accord. how f*cked up is that!? i did have oceanside up in mind, but i already know which one i'm gonna go for.

i've checked out fry's and best buy. i have nothing to say. good to compare prices though.

the 3 shops that i like are, soundiego, imperial auto sound, and coronado electronics. these are independent shops and will take care of you. i'm not too sure on coronado electronics though but i like their specials on viper alarms. they have the 350 plus for $150 installed. and $50 per door locks. same for the imperial auto sound but they only carry the older model, the 350 hv for the same price.

soundiego has them for $199 installed. go in there and ask for kim. he's a kool korean guy that has been in the audio bussiness for over 15 years. i like the stuff he carries.

overpriced shops: progrresive, al n ed's, SD car stereo in el cajon, and digi sports. digi sports will try to sell you the lowest brands for the highest price.

arab owned: audio sports, stereo depot, stereo 1 warehouse, audio city.

Last edited by G2_Fella; 09-24-2009 at 06:35 PM.
Old 09-30-2009, 09:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

UPDATE:

Sound Solutions is jumping on the bandwagon. They are having a special on the Viper 350 plus for $150.

Door lock actuators $45 per door DEI brand.
Old 10-21-2009, 02:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Does anyone know of a automatic car wash place that is friendly to lowered cars? I don't want to pay more than $5.00. I know of one place in el cajon off of mollison and hwy 8.
Old 10-23-2009, 03:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Rampage motorsports is garbage.

If you get Mr. Met to work on your car you are good to go but beware of this fat kid doesnt know **** and tries to swindle you for money and is a horrible welder.

Stay away from any dealerships on mile of cars.
Old 02-19-2010, 01:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Let me know if you or anybody you know have experiences with these shops? I plan on to get my wheels polish or powder coated. Back in 2004 I dealt with Chad from Volcano Custom Polishing in El Cajon. He did an ok job but was lagging. Today I took out my bussiness cards which I kept for many years, I found a few shops...Volcano is no longer in bussiness.

1) Romero's Custom Polishing (El Cajon)

2) U.S. Wheels (El Cajon)

3) San Diego Polishing Wheels (number disconnected)

4) The Wheel Zone (Chula Vista)

5) American Factory Wheels (Mission Gorge)

Let me know if you know anymore shops.
Old 02-19-2010, 01:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Also I'am anxious to get my fenders and bumper painted. Went to a few shops here and there but wasn't that serious in getting it done(no money at the time.) Lowest were $180 to as high as $550 all 3 parts. I kind of like this 2 shops; Speedway Autobody in Lemon Grove and Herron's AutoBody in Home Ave. Funny thing is I haven't even step in their shop yet. I called and talked to them last year. I felt more comfortable with Herron. Speedway got the lowest price of all but he sounded kinda mean.
Old 04-12-2010, 10:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The last 2 months I been doing some serious shopping. I not only be getting quotes from bodyshops, them mobile guys are the way to go too! I used to do PDR with denttime last year, so I called Mike up and he quoted me $700!?? Well he's not the only mobileman out there. I got quotes from $300 to $700 from them mobile guys. Here are the list of the bodyshops that I actually went in and got estimates from. These are from lowest to highest. Remember these are painting just the front bumper and two fenders.

Herron's Autobody- $300 Home Ave.

1 Day Paint & Body- $424 National City

Civic Center Autobody- $450 National City

Carcoa Body & Paint- $450 Kearny Mesa

T-Tak- $500 Kearny Mesa

Speedway Autobody- $500 Lemon Grove (A year ago quoted me $180 over the phone)

G A Coachworks- $600 Point Loma

David's Autobody- $600 La Mesa

SID'S Autobody- $640 La Mesa

San Diego Bumper Repair- $650 El Cajon Blvd

Southland Autobody- $740 National City

California Autobody- $780 National City

Danny's Bodyshop- $800 Downtown

Maaco- $910 Kearny Mesa

Bumper Medic- $940 Miramar

Jocson's Autobody- $1,150 National City

Chapparone Autobody- $1,240 Kearny Mesa

Greenwald's Autobody- $1,645 National City

Well there you have it. The 2 mobile guys that I like are bumper remedy and bumper king. They both partners and charged the same price. They both quoted me $300-350.

I've managed to find a shop in National City that will paint my parts for less than $200! Today I brought in the bumper, fenders, gas cap, and the code from the door jam. He said it'll be done by Wednesday. I'll let you guys know the results! PPG 2 stage baby!!
Old 04-12-2010, 10:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I've managed to find San Diego Polishing Wheels. He moved like 3-4 different locations. I wanted to get the full-polished. I brought in one of my wheels in and he quoted me $50. That is the lowest I can find in SD. The rest wanted like $70, $80, $90, or even $120 at Romero's! I looked on Craig's List automotive services in OC and they quoted me $30-$35 for a full-polish. If SDPW change price on me, I might have to take a trip up there. But I really don't want to go, I rather help support the local economy in my hometown.

Last edited by G2_Fella; 04-14-2010 at 06:48 PM.
Old 04-14-2010, 06:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

GOOD NEWS!!!

I got my bumper and fenders back today! He's a man of his words. It's lookin OE. Just a few nicks and nacks here and there but hey, I can't complain?!! He said come back in a week for the buff and polish. We'll see how that do. This is my first time getting parts painted. From a scale of 1 to 10, I give it a 7.

Last edited by G2_Fella; 04-14-2010 at 07:07 PM.
Old 04-17-2010, 06:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by G2_Fella
I've managed to find San Diego Polishing Wheels. He moved like 3-4 different locations. I wanted to get the full-polished. I brought in one of my wheels in and he quoted me $50. That is the lowest I can find in SD. The rest wanted like $70, $80, $90, or even $120 at Romero's! I looked on Craig's List automotive services in OC and they quoted me $30-$35 for a full-polish. If SDPW change price on me, I might have to take a trip up there. But I really don't want to go, I rather help support the local economy in my hometown.
can you post up some pics of how the work came out? i wanna get my wheels repolished. my co-worker recommended the wheel zone he said they charge about $40-$50 per wheel.
Old 04-17-2010, 08:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by BAYsikDC4
can you post up some pics of how the work came out? i wanna get my wheels repolished. my co-worker recommended the wheel zone he said they charge about $40-$50 per wheel.
LOL! Don't go to the Wheel Zone. They send it out to SDPW. Cut out the middle man and save money! I'm not really a camera guy, but all I can say is "Sickness." Dropped it off yesterday afternoon, got it back today afternoon.

If you want phone number, just PM me.
Old 04-17-2010, 10:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

haha alright thats good to know thanks! you got pm