Notices
Southern California Fresno & Below

Could it get any worse?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2007, 04:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Could it get any worse?

My brother who works for a police department, here in the L.a county told me they have officers training for Street racing or anything in that nature in specific. Now he didnt tell me too much info but he did say things are going to get alot worse for us who daily drive our cars with illegal parts. This is now beyond street racing, Iam guessing it targets people who simply just like to have a nice fast car.

He did mention that if you have previously been cited for a exhuast, speeding, racing, and any other citations of that nature, they can potentially take your car away even if they have no reason to pull you over. Taken into consideration that you also have visible illegal parts on your car. Ill try and talk to him agian to get more info. Nonetheless this sux

Has anyone else heard about this?

Modified by SickIntegraWon at 3:15 PM 12/15/2007
Old 11-24-2007, 04:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Could it get any worse? (SickIntegraWon)

California Crackdown on Modified Cars
$5 million in federal money will fund a Sacramento, California effort to stop drivers in modified cars.

Police in Sacramento, California announced Wednesday that they would use $5 million in federal money to begin cracking down on auto enthusiasts who modify their vehicles. The money will be used to form an undercover "Drag-Net" unit to stop motorists who appear to be driving modified cars.

The concept, which originated in San Diego in 2001, has been spreading throughout the state and generated significant revenue for the California Highway Patrol and local departments. In Santa Fe Springs, for example, twelve officers on Drag-Net duty issued 300 citations and impounded 50 vehicles in just one weekend. Several cities have drag-racing ordinances that allow police to auction off seized cars and keep the profits.

Under Drag-Net, San Diego officers come to train other departments how to look out for what they believe to be tell-tale signs of illegal modification such as window tinting, large spoilers, extra gauges or racing stickers. Police say this gives them probable cause to stop and inspect a vehicle and its engine compartment.

In practice, "excessive exaust noise" tickets are the most common violation. California law does not require police to measure sound levels objectively. Instead, according to the Calfiornia Highway Patrol, the "citation is based on officer's judgment."

Drivers of stock vehicles that come from the factory with some of the characteristics of modified cars have experienced harassment under this provision. One such motorist complained on an enthusiast website that the Calfiornia Highway Patrol was using these programs to make "driving while Asian" a crime, pointing out that the department's own website has several pages dedicated to Asian involvement in street racing and "vehicle modification."

Anyone receiving a vehicle modification "fix-it" ticket must visit a California Bureau of Automobile Repair office and pay a $35 fee to have their car inspected. If the car fails, a judge can impose another fine of up to $2000 for failing to meet California emissions requirements.

Article Excerpt:
"We're looking to make a heavy impact on speeding and street racing in this area," Sacramento Police Deputy Chief Steve Segura said during a press conference with local and state officials on Del Paso Road in North Natomas.
Source: Area law enforcers to receive training to combat street racing (Sacramento Bee, 8/4/2005)
Old 11-24-2007, 05:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Could it get any worse?

WE ALL NEED TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS IF THIS REALY DOES START GETTING ENFORCED

Lucky enouf if you live in Burbank/glendale/pasedena/ any city that realy has there own police department not LA you should be ok atleast thats what i think

but who know this could be another promise and it will fail

but either way it sucks

they just target us

and it looks like riverside got alot of the funding for this crack down

im just surfing around

<U>dont be scared to attend meets lol</U>
Old 11-24-2007, 07:16 PM

Default Re: Could it get any worse? (crazybluecivic)

See i know this was real. I mean if your car looks remotely modified there are pulling you over reagardless. Thats really unfair even if your jsut driving.
Old 11-24-2007, 07:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

we can fight it but like i said riverside and oxnard are getting the most funding for this it didnt mention any other small citys
Old 11-25-2007, 12:23 AM
I <3 My CB7.

carb legal, bar'd motors, and unstolen parts.
Old 11-25-2007, 09:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I got pulled over the other day for modified exhaust. But the officer just wanted to check out the car....not cool!
Old 11-25-2007, 02:47 PM

Default Re: Could it get any worse? (UCLA.lion)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by UCLA.lion &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">carb legal, bar'd motors, and unstolen parts. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Iam sure they will still find a crack hole to fck you over for. How do you go about getting a car bar'd?
Old 11-25-2007, 08:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the engine has to pass all smog tests and have come in your car.
Old 11-26-2007, 11:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

One of my buddies car was getting inspected yesterday, I'm going to have to give him a call to find out what happen.
Old 11-26-2007, 01:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by UCLA.lion &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">carb legal, bar'd motors, and unstolen parts. </TD></TR></TABLE>

i'm all for unstolen parts...but as for carb parts and bar'd motors, its going to be really hard for more than half of the import population to pass inspection.
Old 11-26-2007, 02:01 PM
I'm a Jackass

doesent bother me i keep the beast for the weekends it helps when situations like this happen plus less attraction to the thieves. Theres ways of beating this guys im not gonna explain how, common sense.
Old 11-26-2007, 07:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ya just use your common sense... the only times a cop inspected my car was when i was with a group of cars who were racing... all he got me for was for bald tires on my red civic... then the other time was when i got clocked hitting 95(with my type s) on a 55 speed limit freeway... ... this cop searched for mins... asking questions if my exhaust was stock... my headers... ect... just be safe and smart and you will have no worries!
Old 11-27-2007, 04:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm also form Alhambra. Im for sure going to get ****ed with I have a pheonix yellow Type-R and I dont have a front plate, got tinted windows and the stock Type-R wing. I also dont have a cat Im scared about those CHP "Survey Team" that post themselves around town with that portable smog machine on rollers. I've seem them on Valley Blvd. and on Mission. I was caught speeding in Glendale was told to slow down, cop thought I was a youngster was surprised to see that i was 33. He gave me a chance one cop asked to pop my hood I thought I was assed out but he really wanted to check my **** out and gave me mad props. It sucks for us hardcore japanese car enthusiasts.
Old 11-27-2007, 10:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (XANTHODC2R)

cops are using stupid reasons like exhaust or being too low to pull people over and make them pop their hoods and inspect everything... they think they seriously know what they doing but most of the time just expletive you over because they dont know specifics

i got pulled over 3 times last month in Pasadena alone just for having a modified car... none were moving violations or anything... everytime they pop my hood but find everything is the way it should be and after all that hassle and all they do is give me **** for my muffler

everyone beware!!!
Old 11-27-2007, 02:52 PM

I got pulled over for car sounding different. Eventhough it is lowerd and slightly tinted windows. I have no engine mods. I have been pulled over a couple of times because of this. Kind of sucks.
Old 11-27-2007, 02:56 PM

Default Re: (bobafreaklx)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bobafreaklx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">doesent bother me i keep the beast for the weekends it helps when situations like this happen plus less attraction to the thieves. Theres ways of beating this guys im not gonna explain how, common sense.</TD></TR></TABLE>

See thats the difference, you can be drive "smart", following all the traffic laws. But if they see anything modified, anything that gives them a simple stupid reason to pull you over then your screwed. Being as strict as they say they will be, driving a car only on weekends is just as a risk. All it takes is for them to see you.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:21 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by crazybluecivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">WE ALL NEED TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS IF THIS REALY DOES START GETTING ENFORCED

<U>Lucky enouf if you live in Burbank/glendale/pasedena/ any city that realy has there own police department not LA you should be ok atleast thats what i think</U>
but who know this could be another promise and it will fail

but either way it sucks

they just target us

and it looks like riverside got alot of the funding for this crack down

im just surfing around

<U>dont be scared to attend meets lol</U></TD></TR></TABLE>
http://nwp4life.zeroforum.com/zerothread?id=12958
Old 11-27-2007, 08:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SickIntegraWon &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">My brother who works for a police department, here in the L.a county told me they have officers training for Street racing or anything in that nature in specific. Now he didnt tell me too much info but he did say things are going to get alot worse for us who daily drive our cars with illegal parts. This is now beyond street racing, Iam guessing it targets people who simply just like to have a nice fast car.

He did mention that if you have previously been cited for a exhuast, speeding, racing, and any other citations of that nature, they can potentially take your car away if they have any reason to pull you over. Taken into consideration that you also have visible illegal parts on your car. Ill try and talk to him agian to get more info. Nonetheless this sux

Has anyone else heard about this?</TD></TR></TABLE>
Very true, because of case law, now their is a bunch of CVC's ( California Vehicle Codes,) for street racing and modified cars. Thats why you gotta join the Dark Side already Juan...... To not be a victim of this....
Old 11-27-2007, 08:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Could it get any worse? (Super Trooper)

juan dont listen to rudy... he doesnt know what hes talking about... i wanted to be a cop until my dad who is a sheriff told me 1 very important thing that i never thought twice about and forgort about being into law enforcement
Old 11-28-2007, 02:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Okay chech this out. I have a eg with a bar'ed B18C1. I got pulled over supposedly for modded exhaust. Cop was just being a dick. This was in Cerritos BTW. I told him about being bar'ed and his answer was he didn't care. He gave me a ticket to get my car bar'ed again and also for the exhaust. He also put non correctable so the fines came out to $600. I know my car will pass again but its just the hassel of having to go through it again. My court appointment is on Jan. 28th of 2008. According to the DMV I don't need to bar my car again. But they told me that they are not linked. So I would be taking a chance every time I drive through cerritos. What do you guys think of that?
Old 11-28-2007, 03:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Could it get any worse? (outlawracer1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by outlawracer1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Okay chech this out. I have a eg with a bar'ed B18C1. I got pulled over supposedly for modded exhaust. Cop was just being a dick. This was in Cerritos BTW. I told him about being bar'ed and his answer was he didn't care. He gave me a ticket to get my car bar'ed again and also for the exhaust. He also put non correctable so the fines came out to $600. I know my car will pass again but its just the hassel of having to go through it again. My court appointment is on Jan. 28th of 2008. According to the DMV I don't need to bar my car again. But they told me that they are not linked. So I would be taking a chance every time I drive through cerritos. What do you guys think of that?</TD></TR></TABLE>
Like George Lopez said " Fight it eyy."
Old 11-28-2007, 06:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Could it get any worse? (outlawracer1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by outlawracer1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Okay chech this out. I have a eg with a bar'ed B18C1. I got pulled over supposedly for modded exhaust. Cop was just being a dick. This was in Cerritos BTW. I told him about being bar'ed and his answer was he didn't care. He gave me a ticket to get my car bar'ed again and also for the exhaust. He also put non correctable so the fines came out to $600. I know my car will pass again but its just the hassel of having to go through it again. My court appointment is on Jan. 28th of 2008. According to the DMV I don't need to bar my car again. But they told me that they are not linked. So I would be taking a chance every time I drive through cerritos. What do you guys think of that?</TD></TR></TABLE>

leave a present on the officers doorstep!
Old 11-29-2007, 06:12 PM

Default Re: Could it get any worse? (Oreo-TeCk)

Yeah Iam telling you, the scene is going to get much hotter. Everyone becareful out there.
Old 11-29-2007, 09:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

can u get a ticket for carb legal headers?

Quick Reply: Could it get any worse?