Notices
Southern California Fresno & Below

1st Annual Philippine Weekend Meet and Car Show

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 12:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1st Annual Philippine Weekend Meet and Car Show (UPDATE)

In the small town of Delano, CA (30 mi. North of Bakersfield, and 70 mi. South of Fresno, CA) is one of the biggest Filipino Gatherings/Celebrations in the nation. My name is Aaron Gonzales and I am a Philippine Weekend Chairman. In the 7th grade I began hosting 3-on-3 Basketball Tournaments every year for 7th, 8th, 9th, and 10th graders. I hosted them for several years until I turned them over recently to the younger generation. I was approached recently about the idea of hosting a meet/car show during Philippine Weekend. And after visiting Eibach this year I decided it would be a good idea.
This is NOT a Filipino only event (in fact I'm only half-Filipino). It is simply a celebration of our culture to express our culture and share it with everyone else. It's held every year on the last weekend in July (this year on Saturday the 28th and Sunday the 29th) at Cecil Avenue Park on Cecil Avenue in Delano. The show/meet however will be held elsewhere. Although nothing is set in stone yet I am calling out to the community to see who would be interested in attending and participating. Everyone is welcome and there will be plenty of food and entertainment at the park over the course of the weekend. I'm already working on getting a DJ for the duration of the event, raffling off prizes, and of course there will be prizes for the winners.
There are a couple of reasons why I decided to bring this up to the community. First because I want everyone's held to spread the word, and second because I regularly troll the forums and love the feedback everyone provides. This will be the first of many and I encourage everyone to participate and at least come check it out. I was also hoping people could post what they would like to see at the event. For example, what time should the event start and end (since it's the first event I don't want it lasting any more than 4 hours), what awards should be given out to the cars and their owners, so on and so forth.
Keep in mind that this is a non-profit organization so nobody is doing any of this to make money, only to make the events bigger and better every year. So if you have any questions please feel free to leave comments and feedback or e-mail me (apgonzales87@hotmail.com). If you want to talk to me personally also feel free to message me your phone number and what you're inquiring. I will keep this post updated regularly with the information you're probably all wondering about (place, time, and so on). Any feedback and comments are appreciated (positive and negative). Thanks to everyone who reads this and please spread the word. Thank You.

UPDATE:
Place: Cecil Ave. Middle School Parking Lot. 1430 Cecil Ave. Delano, CA 93215 (On the corner of Norwalk and Cecil)
Time: 4:00 - 8:00
Date: Saturday, July 28th
Car Entry Fee: $20
Spectator Fee: $3

I want to remind everyone that parking is $20 because it's Philippine Weekend's first event and there are several things that need to be paid for so the event can literally pay for itself. And the parking lot it is going to be held in is near the main event (Cecil Park) so it's walking distance and perfect parking. There will be security and several people working the event the entire time so you won't really have to worry about keeping an eye on your car and you can check out the park in the mean time. I will personally be at the event from start to finish. Parking is somewhat limited so please either show up early or get in contact with me in the mean time to try and ensure a spot. Thanks again everyone.

Oh yeah, I also need judges for the event so if anyone has any experience in this field please contact me right away.

Modified by SpardaDC2 at 2:59 PM 7/21/2007

Modified by SpardaDC2 at 4:52 PM 7/21/2007

Modified by SpardaDC2 at 10:36 PM 7/24/2007
Old 07-12-2007, 03:59 PM

Default Re: 1st Annual Philippine Weekend Meet and Car Show (SpardaDC2)

where is it going to be held at
Old 07-12-2007, 05:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 1st Annual Philippine Weekend Meet and Car Show (BelgiumEG6)

Old 07-12-2007, 05:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 1st Annual Philippine Weekend Meet and Car Show (Mr. 2200cc)

i down for a caravan from so cal
Old 07-12-2007, 06:25 PM

Default Re: 1st Annual Philippine Weekend Meet and Car Show

It's going to be held in Delano, CA. The place where the actual show/meet is going to be held hasn't been chosen yet but will be shortly. I have a meeting with the rest of the committee tomorrow and we will be discussing possible locations for the venue around Delano.

Thanks for showing some love guys.
Old 07-12-2007, 08:31 PM

i have family in delano and was just there a few weeks ago for my cousins grad party.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by I heart My EF Sedan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i down for a caravan from so cal </TD></TR></TABLE>
im down too. it's only a 2 and half hour drive =P
Old 07-13-2007, 09:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 1st Annual Philippine Weekend Meet and Car Show (freestyle addict)

bump for the homie. im down for a caravan.

remember guys, this is not only for filipinos. its for EVERYONE. there's also street racing saturday night. usually south vs. north and anything in between whos willing to run their whip. there's also the nationwide basketball tournament to watch.

Modified by jdmDAsix at 11:06 PM 7/13/2007
Old 07-13-2007, 10:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

in for something i might roll to chill at.
Old 07-13-2007, 10:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (cranberry)

yo what's up cran. you down for a caravan? lol. see you there man.
Old 07-13-2007, 10:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (jdmDAsix)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jdmDAsix &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yo what's up cran. you down for a caravan? lol. see you there man.</TD></TR></TABLE>i'll be coming from up north.....with the whip....
Old 07-13-2007, 10:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (cranberry)

idk if my DA would make sucha trip... i don't want any breakdowns on the way... =[
Old 07-13-2007, 11:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

My cousin was there last year...he always talks about it how it was sick and what not...I always thought he was full of **** though...but now I know he speaks the truth might even make it out if work permits
Old 07-14-2007, 12:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 1st Annual Philippine Weekend Meet and Car Show (del Slo SiR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by del Slo SiR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">My cousin was there last year...he always talks about it how it was sick and what not...I always thought he was full of **** though...but now I know he speaks the truth might even make it out if work permits </TD></TR></TABLE>

maybe cuz it's hot here and there are girls walking around in short skirts?

yO dee a nine. it'd be sick to have some more of the fellas from the crew to come down. there are a few DAs rolling around Delano. they dont know that a DA squad exist though. only i did. only i no longer have one. =/
Old 07-14-2007, 12:38 AM

Default Re: 1st Annual Philippine Weekend Meet and Car Show (jdmDAsix)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jdmDAsix &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

maybe cuz it's hot here and there are girls walking around in short skirts?

yO dee a nine. it'd be sick to have some more of the fellas from the crew to come down. there are a few DAs rolling around Delano. they dont know that a DA squad exist though. only i did. only i no longer have one. =/</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah it's really hot out there right now. but delano is a lot bigger than before when i was younger. i remember when i was younger my aunt that lives there use to tell me that the kmart there was their mall lol. but i definetly gotta bring home some grapes after this meet
Old 07-14-2007, 04:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 1st Annual Philippine Weekend Meet and Car Show (freestyle addict)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by freestyle addict &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

yeah it's really hot out there right now. but delano is a lot bigger than before when i was younger. i remember when i was younger my aunt that lives there use to tell me that the kmart there was their mall lol. but i definetly gotta bring home some grapes after this meet </TD></TR></TABLE>

it still is. haha.
Old 07-14-2007, 04:24 PM

Two weeks left. Hopefully we can see a bunch of H-T members at the meet/car show and are willing to go to the runs Saturday night also.

jdmDAsix......call me man. I have some stuff I want to ask. Trip to Denny's later maybe?
Old 07-18-2007, 12:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

bump
Old 07-18-2007, 08:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

is there an official site for delano Philippine festival?
Old 07-18-2007, 12:45 PM

It's not much but,....

http://www.geocities.com/phili....html
Old 07-18-2007, 01:58 PM

damn....dunno if i will be able to make it.

anywho...bump for my hometown. we (team synergy) used to hold down the races back in the day but everybody bought houses and grew out of it....lol
Old 07-20-2007, 05:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Synergy001)

kantot squad.. go represent

dont think ill be making it out this year, again ..

ps:
just an fyi, but that big *** paragraph is tough on the eyes... Lol
Old 07-20-2007, 09:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

my 3rd Filipino Weekend!! see you guys there! but not in a Honda..most likely in my xB

im driving from the San Fernando Valley so if any of you guys are down to meet up and then roll..hit me up.

HOTEL PARTY SATURDAY NIGHT!!!
Old 07-20-2007, 09:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SpardaDC2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Two weeks left. Hopefully we can see a bunch of H-T members at the meet/car show and are willing to go to the runs Saturday night also.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

hahahaha..ive been at the races every year that i've gone. that **** is hilarious. there are SOME fast cars lol...if H-T people go, i know damn well they'd have fun runnin' people.
Old 07-20-2007, 02:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 1st Annual Philippine Weekend Meet and Car Show (she_heLLa_fizzin)

i got more info last night. there's a $5 fee. it's from 4-8 pm. the location is http://www.mapquest.com/maps/m...pcode=

it's that parking lot below the star. view it in "aerial image"
Old 07-20-2007, 04:09 PM

^ it looks like the jr. high school parking lot

Quick Reply: 1st Annual Philippine Weekend Meet and Car Show