Southeast Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, South Carolina

Madspeed cross country in the 97R

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2006, 09:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Madspeed cross country in the 97R

updated travel schedule March 11, 2006

here are the pics from the trip.... https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1597737

Okay here is the deal....On April 6th a few of the Madspeed guys and myself are going to be heading out from Johnny Mercer Pier in Wilmington NC. This is the END of interstate 40. This highway spans the entire US (if you have been in a cave this century)
We will be traveling the south route...74/76 to I20 through South Carolina, into Georgia, across Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, and Texas where we will take I10 through New Mexico, Arizona, and into California. And will be ending in an undisclosed location there. (due to high risk of theft) We will be there for a few days to film some surfing and skateboarding for an upcoming video that we are working on. Then returning via I40. on the following Friday. This route will lead us from California back through Arizona, New Mexico and Texas, then into Oklahoma, Arkansas, Tennessee and then to the home state of North Carolina.

Now I say all that to say this......I would like to film this trip as an "unofficial H-T Cross-Country meet". Meaning that the Madspeed Productions cameras will be rolling for the entire trip, and we would love to meet up with fellow Honda lovers across the country. We will be giving away T-shirts, stickers and Videos through-out the entire trip.

We are not on any set schedule as far as when we need to arrive in CA. So, if there is anyone out there who would like to help out in anyway or just meet up with us to get in the video please speak up. We will be needing places to sleep if there is anyone crazy enough to let us in. Tentatively there are 2 cars making the trip meaning 5 homeless people. This includes the cast and crew of the upcoming videos,
one 97 R, (edit) and one 00 PY R. It may be that in your town we will keep driving and film along the way. In some places we will stop if there is something organized enough for us to do so. Either way, its footage for the film of all of us together.

When time gets closer I will try to arrange specific times to be in specific locations to meet up with who ever shows interest. I am just gaging it now...depending on how many are interested and at what locations. This will determine what time schedule we will be on.
Specific <U>stopping</U> times and dates will be set on MARCH 10th,

This does not mean that we wont let you know when we are coming through somewhere if you want to ride along for film sake....only the specific stopping points for meets or events will be cut off on that day.

This has the potential to be a killer documentary about all of us and what we do.
Not only cars but everything.....the love for Honda's will hold the film together, however, some of us do more than eat sleep and drive Honda....I am interested in the full lifestyle and that is what we are out there to really capture. I will accept, at any meeting place, footage of you, your crew, club, band, friends, just about anything as long as it is Digital High 8, mini DV or DVD. It will be reviewed and could be added to the cross country film.

This is not a corporate film, it is being paid for by the individuals participating in it. All of the free crap is out of pocket for me and my guys, this is for real, not some 2fast bullshit. It should prove to be interesting for all of us.

I will edit this post as well as the thread as the time to go comes near. Communications will be handled by this thread, and through PM as well as Nextel 2-way and Cell phone communications throughout this trip.

Tentative Schedule
this is set up in Eastern Standard time, so it is only calculated for hours of travel, arrival times will vary depending on time zone changes

Thursday April 6th
10:00am Leaving Wrightsville Beach (Johnny Mercer Pier)

2:30pm arrive in Columbia South Carolina for lunch and photo op with "Stunna Ben" and crew (pending)

4:00pm Leaving Columbia (I20)
3.5 hours (214.72 miles)

8:00pm Arrive in Atlanta GA meet with "Black R" for skate session plus Thursday night meet, and spend the night here.

Friday April 7th
9:00am Leaving Atlanta (I20)
2.5 hours (147.5 miles)

12:00pm Arrive in Birmingham AL to meet with "shadyeh2" and "JspectypeR"
and the dAng crew

3:00pm Leaving Birmingham Al
9.5 hours (638.20 miles)

12:00am Arrive in Dallas TX for some sleep. Meet with "migs" (pending)

Saturday April 8th
9:00am leaving Dallas TX (I35)
4.2 hours (275.39 miles)

2:00pm Arrive in San Antonio TX and meet with "Rene M" for a visit to "Cutting Edge Racing" and a trip to the "Texas Ski Ranch" for a little skate session. Then we will take advantage of the hospitality and stay with "Rene M" in San Antonio for the night.

Sunday April 9th
9:00am Depart from San Antonio TX (I10)
14 hours (982 miles)

11:00pm Arrive in Phoenix AZ for some rest.

Monday April 10th
9:00am Depart from Phoenix AZ (I10)
5.5 hours (366.08 miles)

2:00pm Arrive in Orange County.....and finally surf.

The Return

Okay the return trip is going to be a bit tricky, first off because of the time zone changes. The return trip will be based on PST, and second because our first stop is in Vegas, and that may throw off the time a bit but for now here it is.

Thursday April 13th
Depart SoCal I15 to Las Vegas NV meet up with Jun.R (overnight stay invite, thanks dude!) Party like hell all night long.
4hours (275.4 miles)

Friday April 14th
9:00am Depart Vegas (hwy93)(I40)
4 hours (252.4miles)

1:00pm Arrive in Flagstaff AZ lunch and meet with TRE_

2:00pm Depart Flagstaff (I40)
12 hours (863.3 miles)

Saturday April 15th

2:00am Arrive Oklahoma City OK and sleep

10:00am Depart Oklahoma City (I40)
10 hours (678.68 miles)

8:00pm Arrive in Nashville TN meet with coolhandluke and get some rest.

Sunday April 16th

9:00am depart Nashville (I40)
3 hours (179.7 miles)

12:00pm Arrive in Knoxville TN meet and lunch with Redneck Dave

2:00pm Depart Knoxville (I40)
6 hours (364.39 miles)

8:00pm arrive in Raleigh NC (I40) (somebody pm me and meet us in Raleigh)
2 hours (130.5 miles)

10:00pm Arrivie in Wilmington NC....sleep for 3 days then begin the edit.

here is the R

photoshoot link....https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1557683

thanks to all who reply

B

Modified by Madspeed at 11:35 PM 4/17/2006
Old 01-24-2006, 09:35 PM

Default Re: Madspeed cross country in the 97R (Madspeed)

post some more...pretty clean
Old 01-24-2006, 09:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Madspeed cross country in the 97R (#1151)

should be fun
Old 01-24-2006, 09:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Damn, hopefully I can come up with a car by then if so you know I'm down! I guess I could put some tools and crap in the trailblazer and drive it and also get some footage with my camera along the way.
Old 01-24-2006, 09:58 PM

it would be nice to see a tentative schedule because home is in LA for me, but i am up in santa barbara for school. but i would guess that from those 2 places you would probablly roll into LA.
Old 01-24-2006, 10:01 PM

Default Re: Madspeed cross country in the 97R (vtecnik)

I can't wait
Old 01-24-2006, 10:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Madspeed cross country in the 97R (vtecnik)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by vtecnik &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">it would be nice to see a tentative schedule because home is in LA for me, but i am up in santa barbara for school. but i would guess that from those 2 places you would probablly roll into LA.</TD></TR></TABLE>

the schedule will build itself as time goes on.....the more stops the longer it will take, and thats what we want to do....stop or at least drive with as many H-Ters as possible.
Old 01-24-2006, 10:52 PM
Don't call it a comeback

Well, Around the end of April/1st of May, Voodoo, Rodrez, and myself are throwing down the Eibach meet. Its prolly the largest HT event all year long, and was clearly the largest event last year HT related.

If you guys are gonna be around in that time, let me know, and i could set it up for a good portion of the DVD, since i have alot of control with the event.

Holler at me more, i would like to see what we could set up.
Old 01-25-2006, 03:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Must be nice to make cross country trips like that mang. As the time gets closer let me know when you'll be in GA, I might drive up for the shenanigans. All I gotta say though is there better be a link to the video or at least some sales when this is all done. You guys create such kick *** vids.
Old 01-25-2006, 06:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I make that drive every year, around 34-36ish hours straight ~2450miles.

Will be doing it again this March.
Old 01-25-2006, 06:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (B18CXr)

madspeed, I dont know what kind of content you are looking for however I am on the way out there. I-20 (East Texas/Dallas Ft Worth).

BTW, road trips rock.
Old 01-25-2006, 07:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (migs)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by migs &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">madspeed, I dont know what kind of content you are looking for however I am on the way out there. I-20 (East Texas/Dallas Ft Worth).

BTW, road trips rock.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Exactly the content I am looking for....anyone willing to meet up with us..shoot the breeze a bit, take a few pics and be on the way....thats it. Unless of course there is ALOT of cars there or some organized meet type thing...then we will spend more time, enough to film every car, and person......
Old 01-25-2006, 07:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (migs)

Madspeed- I cannot offer you room and board, but I will do whatever I can. I'l do what I can to get a TN meet going around the time that you are passing through the Nashville- but that might be hard since you are not on a set schedule. If nothing else my crew will be there-several R's, my GS-R/hatch, plus others.
Taking I-40 is a great trip, and it takes you straight to the coast and you end up on Ocean Avenue which is pretty cool. Sign me up for a preorder of this dvd.
Old 01-25-2006, 07:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (coolhandluke)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by coolhandluke &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Madspeed- I cannot offer you room and board, but I will do whatever I can. I'l do what I can to get a TN meet going around the time that you are passing through the Nashville- but that might be hard since you are not on a set schedule. If nothing else my crew will be there-several R's, my GS-R/hatch, plus others.
Taking I-40 is a great trip, and it takes you straight to the coast and you end up on Ocean Avenue which is pretty cool. Sign me up for a preorder of this dvd. </TD></TR></TABLE>

sounds great man...the I40 trip will be on the way home. We will be leaving CA april 14th or so for the journey back.... I would be looking at the following sunday or monday for us to be passing through TN....more details to come.
Old 01-25-2006, 07:46 AM
cool guy name

Default Re: (coolhandluke)

Too bad youre starting from the east. I live in Va, if you guys want to come back the north route and come down thru Va, I could get an *** load of people together!
Old 01-25-2006, 08:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (walker111)

Id be more intrested if it were more "2Fast2Furious" style...
Old 01-25-2006, 08:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (jetydosa)

a dAng meet would be nice we are near I-20 off of I-459 in Birmingham,A.L. if your interested
Old 01-25-2006, 08:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (jetydosa)

Come up to Westcoast Canada . j/k. Sounds like a fun trip. I'm really interested in seeing some ITR/skateboard footage as both are my passion as well . Pop shove-it to manual to 180 out 4 life
Old 01-25-2006, 09:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (white rocket)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by white rocket &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Come up to Westcoast Canada . j/k. Sounds like a fun trip. I'm really interested in seeing some ITR/skateboard footage as both are my passion as well . Pop shove-it to manual to 180 out 4 life </TD></TR></TABLE>

Nah, switch inward heelflip

&lt;---- I miss my skating days.
Old 01-25-2006, 09:07 AM
Don't call it a comeback

Default Re: (Dave_B)

When you guys roll through the Asheville area on 40, i will come and meet you all. Its 1hr from my house.

Ill ****** Kendall up, and some of the other ITR people, plus some people we hang with.

Like i said though, if you are in cali around the time of the Eibach event, i will show you some love out there. Would be a great add to that DVD. Seach eibach meet for more info, as last year was CRAZY!
Old 01-25-2006, 09:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ill deff ride should be sick fun
Old 01-25-2006, 09:20 AM
Don't call it a comeback

Default Re: Madspeed cross country in the 97R (MAD EG 66)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MAD EG 66 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ill deff ride should be sick fun</TD></TR></TABLE>

Id love to. Lucky you guys have time to!
Old 01-25-2006, 12:37 PM

Dope! Have fun be safe
Old 01-25-2006, 04:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (walker111)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by walker111 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Too bad youre starting from the east. I live in Va, if you guys want to come back the north route and come down thru Va, I could get an *** load of people together!</TD></TR></TABLE>

as north as we will go will be I40.....so just jump on I95 and meet us at the intersection of I40 and I95 ....
thanks for the offer though...

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Stunna BEN &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">When you guys roll through the Asheville area on 40, i will come and meet you all. Its 1hr from my house.

Ill ****** Kendall up, and some of the other ITR people, plus some people we hang with.

Like i said though, if you are in cali around the time of the Eibach event, i will show you some love out there. Would be a great add to that DVD. Seach eibach meet for more info, as last year was CRAZY!</TD></TR></TABLE>

Hell yeah Ben...would be great to get some footage of all you guys!!! I wish I could make the Eibach meet but this has been in motion for awhile now....so I'll take what I can get on I40!!

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jspectyper &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">a dAng meet would be nice we are near I-20 off of I-459 in Birmingham,A.L. if your interested </TD></TR></TABLE>
Perfect.... unless we get another request in route in front of this one.....this will be our first official stop......

where is GA and SC???? anyone?

roof racks went on today....gotta carry the surf boards too!!!!

Modified by Madspeed at 8:59 PM 1/25/2006
Old 01-25-2006, 05:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Madspeed &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">as well as Nextel 2-way and Cell phone communications throughout this trip.</TD></TR></TABLE>
nationwide D-C here.

good luck with your trip.

~36 hours from Laguna Seca to CLT.

Quick Reply: Madspeed cross country in the 97R