Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 02:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 09 hendrick meet info?

8-31-09 update from stunna ben

Originally Posted by Stunna BEN
hey everyone...

i have been busy to my eyeballs with projects i am working on. there are 8 of these exactly.

I would like to make a few things public. This meet is EXTREMELY hard to throw. Last year, when Hendrick asked Joanthan and I to put this meet together, we only had a month and no one thought that a meet, not a show, would bring out so many cars. There were over 1500 heads in the parkinglot last year. We filled the lot of 278 parking spots in just a mere 17 minutes. That shook heads off the mounts around here.

Now, the economy is different, Hendrick along with Jonathan and I see we have an event that will shut the city down, and we have to take advantage of that. But now we have some things we have to work on.

Here is the scoop as of our 3rd meeting: (these are the for-sure deals about this meet)
1. Hendrick has asked that the event at the Honda dealership be honda only. Hendrick payed close attention to how I put together Eibach over the years, and wants this feeling of people traveling to attend. Also, last year, we had many hondas that were not able to park on lot which was hard for Hendrick to understand or accept when people started to argue and complain. Keep in mind, last year was a test. (Talks are in place to do an all make hendrick event, along with more model specific Hendrick events. Knowing we are have a gold mine in charlotte and the south east, we are looking at ways to approach this.)
2. This will be a pay register meet, like eibach. The entry will not be expensive for vehicles, but it is a way to secure parking, and help us pay for cleaning, security, and etc. (Last year, security, cleaning, and lighting alone were over $4k. It is a very expensive meet to throw)
3. There will be vendors this year, all across the lot. This is how we plan to cater to you all. We want to show you what types of business service charlotte has to offer, and what is right in your back yard.
4. The meet will NOT be within sept or oct. This is a busy time for hendrick, and october is an extremely emotional time period for the Hendrick family and automotive group. With this being the 5 year anniversary of John Hendricks passing, this is a call where i pay respects to the company and the family and let them have their month of remembrance. When we do have this meet, this meet will go on in memory of John Hendrick.
5. when we throw this event, it will spark what we hope to be an annual event, that we can look forward to yearly.

I want to make it clear that while no date has been set, we are actively meeting at Hendrick to make this happen. We are looking over the logistics of how this is possible, and i promise that Jonathan and i are doing everything we can to make this happen.

So please, just show support and do not crowd the thread with negative talk. Lets keep the list going of those who will attend when we have this meet, and help us ring things in with a bang.

update! 8-6-09
its looking like there is a good chance it will happen guys!!! put the word out and tell anyone who is coming to add there name to the list!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

copy list, paste in your post and add your name if your coming

1. Stunna BEN
2. Brad Pitt
3. timmybilt

update from stunna ben 8-6-09

I will post in here to let you know we ARE in talks and are getting things going for another meet. Last year i planned the meet with 3 weeks before hand contact, and it was an amazing time.

This year we are going for the same feeling and support. A few things i will change, but at the current time i cannot give you guys any information. As you know, Hendrick is one of the most moving Honda dealerships in the country, so i have to deal with a business first before we set up this meet.

But we ARE in talks, and the chances of this meet going down are at a 90% spot right now. Jonathan mentioned to me a few people were saying its not gonna go down, but i cannot stand that because no one has any real information to back that statement.

NOW....

Since i have posted for that, can we get a strong list of attendees, not a "post if you want to come" for this.... (copy the most current list, add your name, add your number. if you are bringing more people, please have them post too. if they are not a honda tech member, then put + and however many cars you plan to bring. This is needed to do proper lot space...)

1. Stunna BEN
2. Brad Pitt
3. timmybilt

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!UPDATE!!!!! thanks to jonathan. 7-19-09

Originally Posted by brad pitt
Hey guys sorry it took me so long to reply but as of right now it is still up in the air. With your guys help and support we mite be able do it again. I hope we can do it this year and the size of this thread will help me out with presenting to my bosses once more. I will keep everyone updated on this.

Thanks
Joanthan
UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 7-27-09

Hey guys, I have some news. I talked to them about the show they seem like they want to do it they just need a little more of a push to make it for sure. So the bigger this thread the better chance it will happen so tell everyone to say they are in if they want to come and make it happen.

later
Jonathan

so guys, it sounds like the more interest we show in this thread, the better our chances are the meet will happen this year!!

LETS SHOW HENDRICK HONDA, IF THEY HOST IT, WE WILL COME!!! < "field of dreams voice" lol

seriously though, lets get this thread poppin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if they have the meet and you are coming out make sure you cosign and post it up!!!!

if you didnt make it to last years meet you missed out, there were a estimated 400-600 cars, cars filled the entire dealership and were pouring into surrounding parking lots, everybody was cool and drama free. thanks again to everyone involved and hendrick honda for making it happen last year! i really hope we can come together and support the scene again this year!

If you cant make it to IA like me, i guess the next best thing would be the hendrick meet. kinda like a IA after party meet! lol

Last edited by timmybilt; 08-31-2009 at 08:42 PM.
Old 07-09-2009, 04:31 AM

Default Re: 09 hendrick meet info?

i havnt heard anything about one this year. but it would be cool. last year turned out to be awesome, a ton of people showed up. had free food and put some faces with some names.
Old 07-09-2009, 04:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

yes i have been wondering the same thing! i kinda doubt it tho since nothing has been mentioned. and i had a blast last year. night events are awesome.
Old 07-14-2009, 02:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

been wondering about this myself....but being that nothing has been posted up by now I can assure you its not gonna happen cause it takes a while to get these things going.
Old 07-14-2009, 06:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

no info, no meet, no happy!!! what the hell?

maybe someone who helped organize the last one could chime in and shed some light on why the meet wont be happening this year, i know stunna ben had some involvement last year.

i wonder why they appear not to be having it this year??? it seemed like a HUGE success last year and the buzz was that there would defintely be one this year.........
Old 07-15-2009, 03:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

oh well!
Old 07-15-2009, 07:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

stunna ben helped last year i believe....was really looking forward to one this year since my car is going to be finished and last year was a blast.
Old 07-15-2009, 03:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I agree last year was alot of fun and it would be nice to see again this year.
Old 07-15-2009, 04:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

you guys will get info in a few days
Old 07-15-2009, 08:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

for realz!
Old 07-15-2009, 08:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by ATYPR
you guys will get info in a few days
hell yeah, i hope good news info! thanks man
Old 07-16-2009, 04:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

hmmm
Old 07-18-2009, 01:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Is the meet gonna happen this year; I wanna know asap. Going to IA in a few days F Yeah!!
Old 07-18-2009, 04:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

lets make it happen!
Old 07-19-2009, 04:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey guys sorry it took me so long to reply but as of right now it is still up in the air. With your guys help and support we mite be able do it again. I hope we can do it this year and the size of this thread will help me out with presenting to my bosses once more. I will keep everyone updated on this.

Thanks
Joanthan
Old 07-19-2009, 06:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks
Joanthan
are you in charge of this? do you work for rick hendrick?
Old 07-19-2009, 09:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 92teginsc
are you in charge of this? do you work for rick hendrick?
No our dealer ship is a JLH which is John hendrick but since he passed we have other heads of the place. I am the one who goes and talks to them more or less. Plus make the proposal to my bosses and see what they think.
Old 07-20-2009, 04:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

DO ITTTTT!!!!
Old 07-20-2009, 10:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hendrick Meet FTW! Definetly need to do it again!
Old 07-20-2009, 02:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

come on guys!
Old 07-20-2009, 04:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I know I'm down
Old 07-21-2009, 09:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm in!!
Old 07-21-2009, 12:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

what he said!^^
Old 07-22-2009, 03:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

count us in, 2 turbo R's... plus others !!!!!!
Old 07-23-2009, 07:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i'd be there for sheezy!

Quick Reply: 09 hendrick meet info?