Notices
South Arkansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Texas

Central Oklahoma meet? Anyone? Maybe????

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 08:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Central Oklahoma meet? Anyone? Maybe????

So I have tried before to no avail, but I thought I might try again. I offer up my workplace as a cool place to have it. I work at an indoor go kart track in NW OKC.

Anyone from OK that might be remotely interested????
Old 02-01-2008, 06:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Central Oklahoma meet? Anyone? Maybe???? (sol2hatch)

I am down, are you working at pole position?
Old 02-02-2008, 10:21 PM

Default Re: Central Oklahoma meet? Anyone? Maybe???? ((teh)H2OUUP2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by (teh)H2OUUP2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I am down, are you working at pole position?</TD></TR></TABLE>

yep, know anyone else that might be interested?
Old 02-07-2008, 03:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

hell yeah I'd come, maybe if we got a hella discount though. Cause P2R is Expensive!
Old 02-07-2008, 08:03 PM

Default Re: Central Oklahoma meet? Anyone? Maybe???? (weakboost)

I could prob get us a pretty sweet deal, but we gotta have more than a few people.

BTW, we have new weekly specials, so its not so expensive. Mondays you race for $14
Old 02-08-2008, 03:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

sounds good I'll try and spread the word. Ask some people on OKS.
Old 02-09-2008, 07:03 PM

Default Re: Central Oklahoma meet? Anyone? Maybe???? (weakboost)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by weakboost &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">sounds good I'll try and spread the word. Ask some people on OKS.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I actually dont get on there that much. I have a name on there I think, but I dont ever go on there. Maybe I will give it a shot.
Old 02-12-2008, 07:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i'll show up
Old 02-15-2008, 09:14 AM

I'm down too - is this autox. i'm located lawton/fort sill
Old 02-15-2008, 11:05 AM

Default Re: Central Oklahoma meet? Anyone? Maybe???? (lsBlaxican707)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by lsBlaxican707 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'm down too - is this autox. i'm located lawton/fort sill</TD></TR></TABLE>

no autox, but there will be go kart racing. we could do it on a sunday and go do autocross with the SCCA though, if thats something that everyone was interested in. Those guys are pretty cool
Old 02-21-2008, 09:38 AM

They have SCCA here? I moved from Hawaii about 6 years ago and haven't done any Auto-X since then. I had a turbo Prelude SH back then which had to go in the street mod (SM) category so I always lost to the corvettes, but now have has a '96 del Sol S for about a month that is all show, no go. It is dropped and holds the road pretty well, and I am curious to see what it can do. I might meet if the time/day is right if there is a good discount at the place.

Chris Chase

'02 Accord LX
'96 del Sol S
'92 Accord LX (Sold with 261,000 miles)
Old 02-21-2008, 10:25 AM

Default Re: Central Oklahoma meet? Anyone? Maybe???? (cachase1)

So from the looks of it I have got 5 people interested. If anyone is on OKS and could spread the word, I would appreciate it. I would do it but I guess I am not on that site like I thought I was. I would like to see just hondas there, since this is HT. In other words, I dont want this to turn into a rednecks vs ricers deal.

and yes, they have SCCA here. I did it for awhile and know a few of the guys up there, if your interested in getting involved let me know. Part of the reason I stopped going is cause I didnt have anyone to go with. (no homo)
Old 02-21-2008, 02:03 PM

Yeah sounds cool man. I can come if not working, just let me know when and I would love to be there.
Old 02-22-2008, 01:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

were would we auto x ? my hatch broke down but i want to see how my GLI does ..
Old 02-22-2008, 11:18 PM

Default Re: (free99)

they alternate between OSU-OKC and Remington Park, depends on when we decide to do it.
Old 02-23-2008, 04:08 AM

Default Re: (sol2hatch)

Hey, how much do you want for that D16Z6 head? Is it in good shape? I wouldn't mind having one around in case I break the one I have somehow.

I have seen the GLIs do very well at the track.

Chris Chase
Old 02-23-2008, 03:47 PM

Default Re: (cachase1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by cachase1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hey, how much do you want for that D16Z6 head? Is it in good shape? I wouldn't mind having one around in case I break the one I have somehow.

I have seen the GLIs do very well at the track.

Chris Chase</TD></TR></TABLE>

Pm'ed
Old 02-26-2008, 04:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

^ Great ! cant wait so are we setting a date ? Its got to be on a weeknd
Old 02-26-2008, 10:15 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by free99 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">^ Great ! cant wait so are we setting a date ? Its got to be on a weeknd </TD></TR></TABLE>

well, a few more people coming would be good, esp. if we want a good discount on the go karts. And I need to know from everyone if they want to do autocross. If you wanna actually participate in the autocross, they changed the rules this year to were you have to be a member of the SCCA to autocross. We could just go and watch for awhile, and then go to the go kart track. If anyone actually participates in the event, they also have to stay and help run it. Usually it takes all day. The first AutoX of the season is March 9th (Sunday)

I propose we meet at the autocross and watch that for awhile, then move onto the go kart track. Sound good to you guys?
Old 02-27-2008, 05:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Sounds good ! what all would you need to be a member of the SCCA ? and what kinda of price are we looking at for the Gkarts ?

you should start a list of all the people willing to showup
Old 02-27-2008, 06:36 AM

I would probably just want to watch the first time at this track to see how it is. Back in Hawaii, they were using an old Coast Guard base and started out using their parking lots which was nice with some hard turns. I still remember a Ford Focus that went over a curb sideways and had to be towed home or to the shop. They eventually started to use a place where two runways met-up and it was a lot faster, bigger course. After that, they moved to the 1/4 mile track at Kapolei which also had a drifting track and it was even faster.
I also need to figure out what is wrong with the car before I put it to the test. Anyone here know about suspension and how to find out what is loose? Is it normal for a car with manual (not power) steering to just go wherever it wants or should it just follow the road like a car with power steering? I took it to Firestone and got the lifetime alignment done the day after I replaced both the inner and outer tie rod ends on the passenger's side. I was hoping that would fix the rattle, or at least that they would find a problem somewhere that I could fix, but it did nothing. I am not sure what kind of suspension is on this car either, I know it's adjustable, but that's about it. There is a rattle in it somewhere too. I have taken curves at stoplights at 60 in this car (to beat the red) so far and it seems to hold the road without getting into another lane pretty well.

Chris Chase
'02 Accord LX
'96 del Sol S
Old 02-27-2008, 12:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

so the car is loose ?? please xplain a lil more and a list of your after martket parts would be nice yet you take 90 turns at 60 !! wow thats pushing it ? a honda suspension is preaty simple not many things can fail i have the same problem when i accelarate hard the cars goes every were when i shift from 1,2,3 and this problem is making me loose so much traction but its b/c of my mounts, blown struts , difernt size tires, and too much power !
Old 02-28-2008, 05:43 AM

Well, I have 16X7 Motegi 7 spoke wheels with Fuzion ZRIs, and that adjustable coil-over suspension. The car appears to be dropped about an inch or so. I was looking at it last nihgt, and it looks like the thing right above the tire that moves up and down has, at some point gone through the part that holds the strut in place. I am thinking that this is where one of the noises is coming from. There are other squeaks coming from the rear, but I haven't been under the car in the back yet.
As for meeting times, I will not be available this weekend at all as I am really sick and don't want to spread this to anyone else. The only time I will be available in March will be the weekend of the 8th. I am not sure about April yet, but so far, the whole month is open for me.

Chris Chase
'02 Accord LX
'96 del Sol S
Old 02-28-2008, 10:14 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by free99 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Sounds good ! what all would you need to be a member of the SCCA ? and what kinda of price are we looking at for the Gkarts ?

you should start a list of all the people willing to showup </TD></TR></TABLE>

you have to pay yearly fees and fill out some paperwork. Not completely sure what else. And depends on what kind of race we will do. Probably $35 to race twice. We will do a Pole Position challenge. Maybe something different. We will see.

The date that looks like the best time is March 9th (sunday)
We will meet at the autocross around 11am, watch for awhile (I recommend we just watch, if anyone races, you have to become a member, and then you have to work the rest of the event after you race, which takes all day sometimes) and then maybe go for lunch somewhere, and then hit the go karts, and maybe a bar after that???

so far the people interested are:

sol2hatch
cachase1
free99
allen_b18
lsBlaxican707
weakboost
(teh)H2OUUP2

somebody hit up some more people.

p.s. If anyone is interested, Puddle of Mudd is going to be at Pole Position on March 8th.
Old 02-29-2008, 11:41 AM

Default Re: (sol2hatch)

So, which one is it going to be, OSU-OKC or Remington Park for March 9th?

Chris Chase
'02 Accord LX
'96 del Sol S

Quick Reply: Central Oklahoma meet? Anyone? Maybe????