Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Huricane in FL

check this out

Bush declares major disaster....
est 15 billion in damage.....
winds to 140-145 mph....
lots of people killed in Cuba.....
sorm surges of 10-15 ft of water off the coastline....

I can tell you this....The NOPI race should have been canceled WED!

I know people who flew in today....waiting for the transports to show up with the race cars....

Gary seems to be one of the smart ones!

Just so you guys know Florida is sea level.....storm surges of 10-15ft can put that much water around 20-25miles inland! Moroso is pretty close to the coastline.....Even if the Huricane was off the coastline by 150-200 miles the whole state would be affected.....

WED I tell you!

Howard
Old 08-13-2004, 06:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Huricane in FL (AR Fab)

it's actually suppose to be relatively dry, if not completely dry at moroso. didnt come close to it. us on the other hand in heartland orlando just had fun
Old 08-13-2004, 06:36 PM
Don't call it a comeback

They knew it would hit, and still no cancel? Damn, sounds shitty to BEN
Old 08-13-2004, 06:41 PM

Default Re: Huricane in FL (MR. BEN)

i kind of agree what if some one gets hurt on the way there? i would hate to see what would happen!
Old 08-13-2004, 06:45 PM

Default Re: Huricane in FL (A train)

everyone relax, Today is one of the days it didnt rain in the last 3 weeks down here in South Florida, lol. This thing is already out to sea past Daytona. ITS OVER.
Old 08-13-2004, 06:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Huricane in FL (A train)

Thats kinda what I thought....How about the familys that did get affected that planned on going to spectate or race that will not show up to the race so they can help support their community......If its clear I do not think the moral is gonna be high at this event...I might be wrong though...

Howard
Old 08-13-2004, 07:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I am down here now, hanging out with some friends. I was at the track earlier today.

who is there already?

Effantis, Arslanian, Kubo, Feehely, Norris, Ten, Nass', Titan, Callos, Demerae, Saul, Brain Ballard, Jeff, Abacus, and a few others I don't know. There was actually a lot of racers there already.

We didn't see any rain here at all today. Weather should be good the rest of the weekend with a few of the regular southern florida afternoon thunderstorms.

I have a brother and a lot of friends who live around Tampa and St. Pete, they did not fair to well from this storm.

Bad thing is, Tropical depression 5 is right behind Charlie. Danielle is heading to the SC/NC coast probably over Bermuda: http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/ftp/gr...253W5. TS 5 is heading right behind Charlie, http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/ftp/gr...5.gif. There are a few more storms just coming out of Africa now that will also effect the east coast severly in the next few weeks. These will also be bigger then Charlie. I hope I am wrong but it is not looking good for the East coast the next few weeks.

Well, I am here in Florida and so are many others. I can tell you that the locals here are ready for this race and those in the immediate area are still coming.

God Bless all those affected by this storm! I pray loss of life is at a minimum!

Anthony

Modified by 95GLX at 4:34 AM 8/14/2004
Old 08-13-2004, 07:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

So whats the deal is it called off or is moroso dry?All I can tell you is that were on the way hurricane or not. 100% die hard racer(Alternative Motorsports)2nd in points and we want to be #1.Its a 2 day drive from Oklahoma City,and I quess well take our chances.Hopefully lady luck well be on our side this weekend.
Old 08-13-2004, 07:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Moroso's Web sight and phone line says it is on.

Moroso's number is 561-622-1400

web site:

http://morosomotorsportspark.com
Old 08-13-2004, 07:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Huricane in FL (smokin' okie)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by smokin’ okie &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So whats the deal is it called off or is moroso dry?All I can tell you is that were on the way hurricane or not. 100% die hard racer(Alternative Motorsports)2nd in points and we want to be #1.Its a 2 day drive from Oklahoma City,and I quess well take our chances.Hopefully lady luck well be on our side this weekend. </TD></TR></TABLE>

100% die hard.....Just be careful I believe the route you choose will affect you getting there on time or not.....

Good luck guys
Old 08-14-2004, 07:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Think about it guys....Is this really worth losing lives over?? It pretty dangerous when this kind of mother nature stuff occurs...

For those that are "so" die hard and still on the way down, becareful of the down power lines, no traffic lights and other stuff caused by mother nature