Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

question vetc and hp

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2010, 04:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon2 question vetc and hp

my civicis fat and i rac old prelude like 88 or 89 the guy said it not vtec but his prelud was fast and he opened the hood because i said it vtec but there was no vtec it it. it was somethng about his prelud but not turbod or nos. he sad my engine was slow because it ha sa short crank stroke an his prelud B20 has 95mm strok.

his car beat my gsr swap hatck and has no vtec. i drove it like near redline an old d prelud was beatin my vtec. my civic had tune up like 2 months ago an service is normal and hits vtec fine how i can make it my gsr hatch faster wit intake header exhaust and it dyno tuned.

how a old prelud with like 150 hp beat civic swap gsr wit 170hp? how can do i beat him?
Old 07-03-2010, 04:36 PM
Master Detailer

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: question vetc and hp

God damn that was hard to read.

I guessing you are horrible driver. My friend walked all over a 89 prelude with a b16 in eg.

Becuase i cant really understand what your writeing i need to ask a question.

Do you already have bolt ons and tune?
Old 07-03-2010, 04:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yea sorry was typing while doin something. My civic has intake and exhaust and header. Tuned on main street performances dyno wit hondata. it was like 170 hp

he said he rebuild engine with bored out and a bunch of stuff. somethin like the torque curve was faster on b20 than b18.

Can b20a crank fit in a gs-r vtec motor?
Old 07-03-2010, 04:46 PM
Master Detailer

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I have no clue, i would assume no, because the stroke is longer and you may run into issues.

You raced a prelude with a built motor, theres why you lost.
I had a 83 with dual carbs and that thing got down lol
Old 07-03-2010, 04:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You can't even type maybe don't even know how to drive... Maybe the prelude has "NOS" or maybe your gsr motor not running right. The prelude might swap motor?
Old 07-03-2010, 04:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

No he said it is original motor. It says B20a5 on the block. But he said it bored out to 2.1 liter.

My gs-r is built frm the honda factory. i race a lot and know how to launch and shift it.it faster than my buds teggy lsvtec. I think i want to sell my civ and buy a prelude now. Is the prelud lighter than a civic hatch because I know my civic has 20hp more than that prelud?
Old 07-03-2010, 05:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Well he said his car build so I assume he will beat any stock gsr swap. Don't get a prelude why get a stock prelude when a build prelude beats you, just build your gsr.
Old 07-03-2010, 05:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by jerryegk24
Well he said his car build so I assume he will beat any stock gsr swap. Don't get a prelude why get a stock prelude when a build prelude beats you, just build your gsr.
this ^
Old 07-04-2010, 08:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

tq, you have none. a 2.1 will outrun a 1.8 all day. btw i almost became retarded trying to read the original post.
Old 07-04-2010, 08:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

you got to remember that some people build cars just for this reason. so they can smoke you and you dont understand why.

build up your gsr, i wouldnt recommend buying a prelude
Old 07-04-2010, 10:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

^ Agreed. Don't buy a Prelude. Go be like everyone else.
Old 07-04-2010, 10:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by vtec95dawg
my civicis fat and i rac old prelude like 88 or 89 the guy said it not vtec but his prelud was fast and he opened the hood because i said it vtec but there was no vtec it it. it was somethng about his prelud but not turbod or nos. he sad my engine was slow because it ha sa short crank stroke an his prelud B20 has 95mm strok.

his car beat my gsr swap hatck and has no vtec. i drove it like near redline an old d prelud was beatin my vtec. my civic had tune up like 2 months ago an service is normal and hits vtec fine how i can make it my gsr hatch faster wit intake header exhaust and it dyno tuned.

how a old prelud with like 150 hp beat civic swap gsr wit 170hp? how can do i beat him?
Brah iz cuz he be got dat JDM tyte shiznat. Dat lude be fat yo. You coulda beet him don you been had dat mad JDM wit da 3 stage. Know what I'm sayin? Fa sho. **** be real son.
Old 07-04-2010, 11:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

^ this.
Old 07-04-2010, 01:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

What do I do next I have ta rebuild the engine? so I need to get roller-rockers and a storker crank. My gs-r engine was port polished from the factor ydo I need to do somethng with that? like i cant have turbo or nos because i dont needa blown engine.

My bud sais a spoiller helps air push the car faster when at like 45 mph. does a bigger spoiller help? Also can the body kit slo it down and drag? I have liek everythin done to the car and what more do i need to beat a prelud?

You say not ta buy a prelude but i can disagree because that prelud was tight. My buddy said it has meckanicle all wheel steer and it hugs turns. He saw a few where he works and it was like a civic insid but bigger an they can go faster.
Old 07-04-2010, 02:04 PM
Trial User

a prelude is nevr going to be lighter than a civic don't be dumb !!!
Old 07-04-2010, 02:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

vtec95dawg maybe you should not listen to your 'buds' all the time and actually do some of your own homework

preludes are heavier than civics

spoilers dont PUSH the car forward at any speed

if he bored out his b20 he most likely makes more than the stock hp
Old 07-04-2010, 02:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yes....as stated, preludes are not lighter than civics. What's saying he doesn't have some sort of headworks or cams? He obviously has mods done to it that you don't know about. I don't give a **** what he said. Everybody lies. Power to weight ratio. Obviously he's pushing more that he says considering you can shift like you say you do. You wanna catch him? Spend a grand, buy a stage 2, or even 3 BC cam package and get retuned. Push out over 200 at the wheels and then see who goes crying. Then it's your turn to lie. Tell him you changed your oil and put higher octane in there. If he knows anything about cars, he'll know you're bullshitting, and that's the point. Don't be scared. It's only a grand plus a couple bucks for tuning. Just do it. As for your question about the LS crank....no. Big difference. Change out for higher comp pistons. I have a set(81mm) i'll hook you up with for 140 bucks. Never used. It'll bump your compression up to 11.5:1. Do that and cams...well, let the numbers speak for themselves. A spoiler won't do **** unless you hit higher speeds that 45. People need to stop blowing smoke and learn the real facts. Hope you can do something with this.
Old 07-04-2010, 07:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I throo cash at the gs-r engin swap an now its not enough. i read the gs-r has 11:1 and the engin comprishon. so if it has .5 more compreshon is may not b enuf. Cams are bone stock and i can upgrade tose. How much does that cost? my meckanic tuner can prob put that on the car.

So I just thro a grand and few bills at da car but is that all it needa be for +30 hp? I was thinkin paint bout the car yello an get sum new fogs on it.
Old 07-04-2010, 09:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

HOLY **** OP! I know this is the internet and not school, but your posts are hard as **** to translate into usable sentences. If you really wanna keep up with what I'm assuming was a 2.2 or 2.3L Prelude, then you will need to do some head work. You can search around and find some BC stage 2 cams/cam gears, a lightweight flywheel, better clutch and re-tune for a tad over a grand. Yes it's quite a but of work to hopefully get 200whp, but its all up to whats worth while to you. Me personally, I'm going to keep getting beat by people and save for a turbo kit and tune this winter, then next summer I can blow smoke up people's asses and make them post online.
Old 07-04-2010, 11:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Or you *could* get a prelude, but get a 4th or 5th gen. That way you *already* have 200 HP. If you are considering a Prelude, look into it because you like the car, not because you want to be like some random dude that beat you in some gay *** race.

Really, getting a new car is irrelevant.

Your driving is probably the biggest thing that needs work. Find a pretty much abandoned straight road at night where no one and nothing will bother you. Practice your launches. Practice your shifts. Do it so many times you don't even think about it anymore. Do it until your muscle memory in your feet just naturally know the proper throttle and clutch pressures and your hands snap through gears like they have a mind of their own.

That will drop more time then any stroker kit or whatnot. Like anything else, racing is a sport. Sure, you can do better with better equipment, but if you don't practice, you won't be any good.

I agree though - Preludes are hella tight. Because of this, you are banned from owning one until you work on your grammar.

LOL I'm just giving you a hard time.
Old 07-05-2010, 02:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

IBTL
Old 07-05-2010, 02:49 AM
H-T White Ops

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

For ease of reading the OP's posts:
My Civic is fat.

I raced an old Prelude, like an '88 or '89, and the guy said it doesn't have VTEC, but his Prelude was fast. He opened the hood because I said it had VTEC but there was no VTEC in it.

It was something about his Prelude, but not turbo or NOS.

He said my engine was slow because it has a short crank stroke and his Prelude B20 has a 95mm stroke.

His car beat my GSR swapped hatch and his car has no VTEC. I drove it near redline and his old Prelude was beating my car that has VTEC. My Civic had a tune up about two months ago and service is normal. VTEC engages fine.

How can I make my GSR swapped hatch faster? Will an intake, header, exhaust and dyno tune help?

How could an old Prelude with about 150hp beat a Civic with a GSR swap that has 170hp? How can I beat him?
Yeah, sorry. I was typing while doing something.

My Civic has an intake, header and exhaust. It's tuned on main street performance dyno with Hondata. It was like 170hp.

He said he rebuilt his engine; bored it out and a bunch of stuff. He said something like the torque curve was faster on a B20 than a B18.

Can a B20A crank fit in a GSR engine?
No he said it is the original motor. It says B20A5 on the block. But he said it's bored out to 2.1 liters.

My GSR is built from the honda factory. I race a lot and know how to launch and shift it. It's faster than my bud's Integra with an LS VTEC.

I think I want to sell my Civic and buy a Prelude now. Is the Prelude lighter than a Civic hatch? I know my Civic has 20hp more than that Prelude.
What do I do next? Do I have to rebuild the engine? So I need to get roller-rockers and a stroker crank. My GSR engine was ported and polished from the factory. Do I need to do something with that? I can't have turbo or NOS because I don't need a blown engine.

My bud says a spoiler helps air push the car faster when at like 45 mph. Does a bigger spoiler help? Also can the body kit slow it down and drag? I have like everything done to the car. What more do I need to beat a Prelude?

You say not to buy a Prelude but I disagree because that Prelude was tight. My buddy said it has mechanical all wheel steering and it hugs turns. He saw a few where he works and it was like a Civic insid but bigger and they can go faster.
I throw cash at the GSR engine swap and now it's not enough. I read the GSR has a 11:1 cr. So if it has .5 more compreshon is may not be enough. Cams are bone stock and I can upgrade those. How much does that cost? My mechanic tuner can probably put that on the car.

So I just throw a grand and few bills at the car but is that all it needs to gain +30hp?

I was thinking about painting the car yellow and get some new foglights on it.
This has to be a joke. My eyes hurt from reading (and translating) that.

Btw, the B20A5 came with 135hp stock. 4WS was only on some Preludes.

Even older Preludes weigh more than much newer Civics.

'88-'91 Preludes weigh between 2522-2712 pounds. The 4WS versions weigh between 2685-2741 pounds.

'92-'95 Civic hatches weigh between 2094-2390 pounds stock.

'96-'00 Civic hatches weight between 2286-2388 pounds stock.

Not really any use in getting too into this though.
Old 07-05-2010, 10:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

agreed^

What do I do next I have ta rebuild the engine? so I need to get roller-rockers and a storker crank. My gs-r engine was port polished from the factor ydo I need to do somethng with that? like i cant have turbo or nos because i dont needa blown engine.

My bud sais a spoiller helps air push the car faster when at like 45 mph. does a bigger spoiller help? Also can the body kit slo it down and drag? I have liek everythin done to the car and what more do i need to beat a prelud?

You say not ta buy a prelude but i can disagree because that prelud was tight. My buddy said it has meckanicle all wheel steer and it hugs turns. He saw a few where he works and it was like a civic insid but bigger an they can go faster.
Old 07-05-2010, 10:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 300whpej
I know this is the internet and not school, but your posts are hard as **** to translate into usable sentences.
^ agreed lol