Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Ek3 Immobilizer Bypass Help !

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2017, 02:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon5 Ek3 Immobilizer Bypass Help !

Hey whats up guys, I'm having a little issue that I ran into regarding swapping a d15z6 into an EK3 in Africa. Just to break everything down as simply as possible, I'll begin with saying that EK's in africa came with a 2-plug Ecu under the dash harness not a 3-plug like most cars in the U.S. and elsewhere. Along with that I attempted to order a under-dash harness from Europe that has that 3rd plug for obvious reasons. Now mind you EK's in Europe came with an immobilizer system consisting of 1) Chip in Key, 2) Key Ring, 3) Immobilizer Chip in Ecu, 4) Immobilizer Control Module (Black Box) located underneath the steering column. When I ordered the Under-dash harness from Europe I only got the Immobilizer Control Module (Black Box) and ECU, but no Key or Key Ring ect.. Having read numerous posts regarding this issue, I attempted to do what everyone recommended (De-soldering the Immobilizer Chip from the Ecu). The car still wouldn't start, it cranks, but won't start. Checked to see if i was getting any spark, but couldn't find any. Now I definitely know the culprit is coming from that Black Immobilizer Box under the steering column, I just can't seem to bypass it. I've found a few other related Images and posts saying to loop wires together and what not but still the car doesn't want to start. I have installed another working Distributor still no spark and i've also tested the De-soldered Ecu on another car just to check and it works fine. So any help from anyone that might have an idea would be greatly appreciated. I have posted a few pics of the Immobilizer Box that came with the harness, and the images i found saying to loop wires that obviously didn't work.
Attached Images      
Old 08-06-2020, 07:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Ek3 Immobilizer Bypass Help !

Originally Posted by Jdmkids Manny
Hey whats up guys, I'm having a little issue that I ran into regarding swapping a d15z6 into an EK3 in Africa. Just to break everything down as simply as possible, I'll begin with saying that EK's in africa came with a 2-plug Ecu under the dash harness not a 3-plug like most cars in the U.S. and elsewhere. Along with that I attempted to order a under-dash harness from Europe that has that 3rd plug for obvious reasons. Now mind you EK's in Europe came with an immobilizer system consisting of 1) Chip in Key, 2) Key Ring, 3) Immobilizer Chip in Ecu, 4) Immobilizer Control Module (Black Box) located underneath the steering column. When I ordered the Under-dash harness from Europe I only got the Immobilizer Control Module (Black Box) and ECU, but no Key or Key Ring ect.. Having read numerous posts regarding this issue, I attempted to do what everyone recommended (De-soldering the Immobilizer Chip from the Ecu). The car still wouldn't start, it cranks, but won't start. Checked to see if i was getting any spark, but couldn't find any. Now I definitely know the culprit is coming from that Black Immobilizer Box under the steering column, I just can't seem to bypass it. I've found a few other related Images and posts saying to loop wires together and what not but still the car doesn't want to start. I have installed another working Distributor still no spark and i've also tested the De-soldered Ecu on another car just to check and it works fine. So any help from anyone that might have an idea would be greatly appreciated. I have posted a few pics of the Immobilizer Box that came with the harness, and the images i found saying to loop wires that obviously didn't work.
I am looking for a solution as well. Did you find any answers??