Notices
Sales Feedback This forum is to list your experiences with our vendors or other users. Positive or Negative. Please READ the rules.

Turbojunky.com scammers?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2012, 01:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbojunky.com scammers?

Hey guys I just wanted to give a heads up to anybody out there who might make the same mistake I did.

I clicked on a banner advertisement at the top of H-T's main page for a website turbojunky.com last week...

They had some pretty cool turbo related t-shirts and what not up on their website for like 6 bux a piece! Hell of a deal right? I placed an order for 3 shirts and the money came out of my account almost instantly.

Well after 5 days of receiving no confirmation emails or shipping info I decided to try to start contacting them. They have no email or phone number on their website.... Hmmmmm that's weird I must have been too glazed over with excitement of 6 dollar turbo shirts I failed to notice that before I gave them all my credit card info!

The only way to "contact" them is via a message system on their website. I sent a message and got an instant email saying my message had been confirmed and someone would contact me as soon as they had time. Several days went by and I rec'd nothing.

Today, over a week later I have rec'd nothing. I googled them and found the following info about turbojunky...

2185 Sampson Ave, Corona, CA 92879
(951) 340-0495

Tried to call them and what a surprise their number is no longer in service.

I continued my google search and found several stories including the word "scammers" in the kind folks description of the company and their experiences with them.

I decided forget this I'm bailing on this deal and called my credit card company to begin the dispute process.

I should get taken care of on my end but figured I would give a heads up to anyone out there who might see this banner roll across the top of the site and have the same problem I did.

The whole thing is really my fault for not researching the company but I would figure a site sponsor with banners on HT would be reputable enough right? Wrong... Lesson learned always research online sellers no matter what.
Old 03-25-2012, 01:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Turbojunky.com scammers?

I also ordered from turbojunky.com last week and have yet to receive any kind of feedback. I reported the charge as fraud. Why are they still on the site as sponsors?
Old 03-25-2012, 05:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Don't feel bad. They got me too!! killing my CC now!! Thanks for the heads up.
Old 03-25-2012, 07:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I will get you guys help about this.
Old 03-25-2012, 08:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

same here but this happend rite when they opened to me o well they beat me for like 38$
Old 03-26-2012, 02:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I have turbo junky on FB and they are updating there status' every couple hours so theres gotta be someone around there still.
Old 03-26-2012, 03:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

they aren't scamming you, they just take FOREVER to ship your order and they'll never contact you, your stuff will show up in like two weeks. thats what happened to me, and a friend of mine as well.

we liked their FB page and bombed it with status's asking wth was going on. they'll say they're behind and start deleting everything off their page and then threaten to block you.

dont worry though, you will recieve your shirts in this lifetime
Old 03-26-2012, 03:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by uscivicmc
they aren't scamming you, they just take FOREVER to ship your order and they'll never contact you, your stuff will show up in like two weeks. thats what happened to me, and a friend of mine as well.

we liked their FB page and bombed it with status's asking wth was going on. they'll say they're behind and start deleting everything off their page and then threaten to block you.

dont worry though, you will recieve your shirts in this lifetime
For $6, how's the quality of the shirt after a couple washes? The screen print and the shirt? Sorry off topic but just curious.
Old 03-26-2012, 04:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I've ordered from there a few times myself. They do take a long time to ship (2 weeks) but the shirts are quality and worth it for the price. You are not being scammed. They need to do a better job of communicating to their customers once they have their money.
Old 03-26-2012, 05:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

My buddy ordered a hoody in November, and has been contacting them for months with no response, They Have since been deleting most of his posts on Facebook and The Owner of Turbo Junky has blocked him permanently. Just my .02 , Buy at your own risk
Old 03-26-2012, 08:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I ordered in 2011 early 2011 by that still waiting!
Old 03-26-2012, 09:54 AM
H-T Administrator

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Turbojunky banners have been blocked from H-T. unfortunately, we cannot control what these businesses do.
Old 05-14-2012, 02:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Damn i wish i read this beforei bought into this or looked up all this stuff 3 weeks ago.
Old 05-14-2012, 04:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I.ordered from them because it was cheap and yes they did take long (3weeks) good quality but will never take a risk with them again