Notices
Sales Feedback This forum is to list your experiences with our vendors or other users. Positive or Negative. Please READ the rules.

Peakboost, stay away from

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2010, 10:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Peakboost, stay away from

We ordered a top mount divided manifold and GT37r in June. Had contact with Ken for a while, saying it was almost done, then it was done and was waiting on a housing for the turbo. then said like 3 times it was going to ship the next day. Still dont have our product. Ken has pretty much disappeared, Business voicemail is full, wont return e-mails or PMs. Funny thing is, his account is logged onto here on HT everyday. he owes us $2209. And I know many others are in the same boat. If you are owed anything by Ken, PM Andy@AMR with your info and what is owed.
Old 10-17-2010, 12:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Peakboost, stay away from

I ordered a topmount kit from peakboost with t67 on 08 used it for a year and half, had to replace the turbo, so I ordered a GT3567 turbo in june of this year it came and looking like an ebay turbo, turbo was bad on the install nade a lot of wierd noise spinning down, I sent the turbo back and also the manifold because it was cracked, made a deal to upgrade to a gt37r peak promised to ship out a brand new manifold and new garrett gt37r , but never got anything, everytime I called he have an excuse why its not shipped he keep blaming ATP turbo a lot for not supplying flanges and the upgraded housing that I ordered. then he cut off all communications. I am out $3000 with manifold and turbo
Old 10-17-2010, 03:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Samething here, only I caught onto his bullshit quicker the second time around. I had ordered my new Topmount manifold, 3 to 4 inch downpipe, and dumptube over a month and a half ago. I had this problem in the past with Ken, but gave him a second chance as I was in need of this stuff within 2 weeks, and he promised it would be done. He kept up with me for 2-3 weeks..said it was almost done and was shipping out soon. I started calling last week and I couldn't get ahold of him anywhere...via Facebook, Email, Honda-Tech, and business phone. None-the-less, I cancelled the transaction with my CC company and contacted Full-Race for my order. These guys had what I needed IN STOCK and it will be here this week. Full-Race is top knotch and they will get my business from here on out, I suggest you guys do the same.
Old 10-17-2010, 06:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

It is a little funky that they arent picking up the phones. I know usually they have at least the answering machine before you get to voicemail but when you call it just says mailbox full. I do know they have been backed up for some time which makes me wonder why they are still taking orders when they cant get out the ones they have. I had a good experience with them, Hopefully Ken will get on here and also fix this mess. Its a shame because i have their setup and the manifold and everything is very nice hate to see another company go out like this.
Old 10-18-2010, 11:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

is it a trend now for sponsors/vendors to turn shady
Old 10-18-2010, 11:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

i also had a serious wait from peakboost. ordered the ftw manifold the beginning of march. i didnt hear anything for a while, exchanged a few calls with ken and he told me they were waiting for headflanges to come in. i did eventually get my manifold,over 3 months later in june...
Old 10-18-2010, 12:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: chillin in that city called queen creek, but homes the atl

well heres my dealings with ken. i bought a turbo manifold from him almost 3 yrs ago. 2 months ago i noticed it had a crack n it. so i took it to peakboost to have him fix it and he said he could fix this one for me or i could wait and he would give me a new one with there new designs/ better welding technique. but he did also say he was waiting on some new flanges. so i waited 3-4 weeks and he gave me a new manifold that looked better than my original one. so i would have to say my dealings were good
Old 10-18-2010, 01:59 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

You guys can contact the police department yourself to give your report.

My report number is 10-101931. Officer Fisher badge number is 13314 and who you should contact. Phone number is 719-282-9887. I would encourage everyone to call so they see how serious this matter is.
Old 10-18-2010, 02:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

AMR Eng. are you saying this is very serious because thats what im gathering and if it is i understand not bashing a company but if theres something funky going on people should know so they dont spend their money or if they already have they know whats going on. I had good dealings with Ken but thats just me i dont have anything bad to say but if theres something going on people should know before investing thousands of dollars.
Old 10-18-2010, 05:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

If you look on other forum boards for nissans, Evo's and RSX forum a ton of people are having the same problem. No one really knows whats going on. I know this is supposed to be a sales feedback topic im just saying people on here who are owed money should see whats being said in the other forums. No concrete info that i saw other than his main welder quit. The rest is all speculation.
Old 10-18-2010, 05:10 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

This is very serious. His cell phone is shut off, his shop is empty, his facebook was deleted, and there is atleast 15-20 people who have already contacted me showing how much they were taken for. Also his dealers are screwed as well. I was contacted by ClubRSX.com today as well as someone at Church Automotive! This was basically a ponzi scheme of sorts from what we have gathered. Also this does not include the cracked manifolds he was sent and other parts which people did not receive back. There are also quite a few people who were sent kits with many missing parts, and only got partial kits.
Old 10-18-2010, 06:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Im speechless on this. I have a peakboost setup on my GSR. I do know that i waited over 3 months to recieve my kit and when i got my manifold one of the runners had a 2 inch section not welded so i had to send it back luckily i got it back however ive felt for a long time the only reason i got my full kit is because i called constantly and always got told it was about to ship or alot of times he said it was shipped and he would contact me with tracking numbers however never once did i get the shipping numbers until i called and called and called and then he would tell me oh it didnt go out due to this or that. I finally got it shipped when i said im calling my credit card company and im going to someone else.
dont take this as bashing as this was just my personal experience and i did get my full set up and the quality seems really good to me no problems or complaints on the setup. However with people posting of longer and longer wait times for setups it seemed this might come to pass i was just hoping it didnt. Ken always made time to answer any of my questions through my whole process of getting my stuff i hope there is a good outcome for this and maybe a reasonable explanation besides he bailed out on everyone.

Im not taking anyones side here, i cant really take a side anyway since Ken has yet to post up on any forum to defend himself on here or any forum for that matter or at least give a explanation which seems odd since if anyone ever said any thing against his company in the past he would post up with in a hour or so. To all who are out money i know everyone feels for you and hopes this gets resolved and someone has answers for you soon.
Old 10-18-2010, 10:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

the sad thing is that his mother was the receptionist, the lady that answers the phone, how could a mother let his son do something like this? or even assisted him. and people wanna blame music for their bad kids. I know he is a grown man, but everyone is influence by their mom to do right.

Last edited by rudebwoy; 10-19-2010 at 10:54 AM.
Old 10-19-2010, 08:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I ordered a H22 FTW kit with a gt3076r and 44 mm wastegate upgrade on black friday 2009.

It has been almost one year, and All I have received is my manifold, downpipe, dumptube, and intercooler piping.

I have contacted him about 25 times since, and he said everytime "should ship in the next few weeks"

I also PERSONALLY met him, carried his bags from his car, and shook hands with Ken in April of this year when he flew out the Maryland. Here is a pic to prove I met the ***.

And he still had the ***** to lie to my face. If I knew this was going to happen, I would of knocked his short *** out right then and there.

So yea, one year later, after waiting and waiting and contacting and being patient, personally meeting him, I still have only a third of my kit. Thanks Ken. I hope you die in a fire.
Old 10-19-2010, 08:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Oh yea Ken, when you read this. Just keep in mind, I know you are in China. But the only thing keeping me back from finding you is money. If only I wouldn't of spent money on a kit, I could come find you.
Old 10-19-2010, 04:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I really hope there is another explanation for whats going on besides a ponzi scheme and took the $$$$ and ran. Most of this is all speculation right now in every forum board. Would be nice if some people who personally know Ken or what is going on would post up and clear everything up whether it be good or bad i think everyone who has paid Peakboost deserves a answer as to what the situation is. This is just my .02 cents. Cause im sure some people know but arent saying anything.

This post is supposed to be for sales feedback so if someone knows what is going on put it up the more people that know the better off because if it really is that bad more people should be contacting the local police to file a report.
Old 10-19-2010, 04:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Also i did think it weird a month ago when i called Ken to switch to a topmount setup i was going to just give him my credit card number as i did when i ordered my original set up but he said no credit cards anymore just accepting money orders. That was kind of a red flag for me cause after a money order is cashed you are a little screwed not like a credit card company you can call and dispute the payment. I wondered why he would no longer accept a credit card that is usually only the case when to many credit card companies have had people dispute payment and they stop having a account with that company.

After seeing all this im glad i decided against paying via money order.
Old 10-19-2010, 08:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AMR Engineering
You guys can contact the police department yourself to give your report.

My report number is 10-101931. Officer Fisher badge number is 13314 and who you should contact. Phone number is 719-282-9887. I would encourage everyone to call so they see how serious this matter is.

Last edited by builthatch; 10-20-2010 at 08:46 PM.
Old 10-19-2010, 08:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

AMR no offense but if you have the story of whats up which the way your talking you do why not post it up for everyone to read??

Why not kill the speculation and lay it out there??
Old 10-19-2010, 11:53 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Originally Posted by civicduty13
damn, Thanks for the heads up. I guess I will be ordering a full-race setup in the spring.
**** a full race kit.

buy SpeedFactory, or Forged and support the real *********as.

and **** ken's punkass.
Old 10-20-2010, 10:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 213crz
**** a full race kit.

buy SpeedFactory, or Forged and support the real *********as.

and **** ken's punkass.
we all thought ken peak was a real **** before he mind f@#ked us and took our money. full-race has been around for ages and I never read a scammer thread about them.

Last edited by rudebwoy; 10-20-2010 at 12:52 PM.
Old 10-20-2010, 12:15 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

i had bad experience with them once, and a lot of good experiences too. but that one bad experience sticks in my head. but yeah... **** ken what a ***.
Old 10-20-2010, 03:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

https://honda-tech.com/forums/showth...1#post43822861

It's amazing how so many people were scammed by this guy. Such a nice guy on the phone when all along he was up to no good.

Mods -- Please stop closing these threads related to Peakboost, these threads are created so members of this site do not get ripped off and you need to set your friendship with Ken aside and think about the members of this site.

Had i seen threads like this myself i would have avoided ordering a PB kit myself and waiting almost 8 months to get my kit with horrible fitment issues.

http://www.azht.net/forum/showthread.php?t=136555

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread...726394&page=11

http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread...38#post1156038
Old 10-20-2010, 07:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

holy crap i dont know how many of you have been on clubrsx.com or K20a.org but this situation is blowing up and blowing up fast......
Old 10-20-2010, 08:08 PM
MiG-21 superfan

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jdm95
Jetspeedz is right whenever a thread showed Ken in a bad light it was shut down quick,fast and in a hurry before anyone else could say something. I know no one ever really saw this coming so you cant really go throwing blame around but at least maybe next time there are threads like that they will stay open a little longer.
you guys need to realize there is more to things than what you see. that is always incredibly hard for forum users, and i understand that.

generally, dispute threads were never allowed to run no matter who was accused. personally, it was one of my biggest beefs with the way things were set up because the only place people were encouraged to post such things was, in all places, GDD. that simply doesn't make sense. that and occassionally, arbitrarily, disputes could be voiced in FS threads that were left open but as a rule, most threads are locked as requested by the OP and for some reason, most users STILL insist on editing the first post of their thread, deleting content or saying "sold"...whatever.

so, after much discussion, we opened this sub-forum for these sorts of things. the info is easily searchable on not only this forum, but eventually gets picked up on all search engines, so any user has the opportunity to do their own due dilligence and research the parties with which they are doing business.

lastly - please note that the rules for this sub-forum, clearly stickied at the top, state that only those involved in the transactions need to comment, and additional comments will most likely be removed pending review. this isn't a sub-forum to bump threads with "yeah, that too" comments...the goal is to ultimately get a resolution if there is a dispute and if that can't be done, to warn others with factual information based on actual personal dealings, not anecdotal evidence.