Notices
Sales Feedback This forum is to list your experiences with our vendors or other users. Positive or Negative. Please READ the rules.

Fabworx

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2010, 03:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fabworx

Company Name: Fab-Worx
HondaTech Username: Fab-Worx

http://www.hondamarketplace.com/show....php?t=2845007
I am writing this as my first time complaining about a company publicly. Fabworx popped up on here as a new sponsor offering an introductory special on their products. After a few emails back and forth with Fabworx I decide to give them a call to get a better feel for them. After about a half hour of talking to Tony (the owner) about our cars, builds ect, I decide he seems pretty legit and go ahead and order my manifold. I get an invoice in my email on 10/20 showing my purchase. Tony explains to me that they have a couple manifolds that need to be finished before mine and that the turn around time for mine would be around 2 weeks. That’s fine with me as I am getting ready to put my car down for the season and still need other turbo parts in order to finish my setup.

A few days pass and I start thinking about other things that I need for my turbo setup. I talk to Tony on AOL Instant Messenger and ask him for a price. I explain that I want a bumper dumper with 3in Precision flange (the new billets require a special 3in flange from Precision), he gives me a price and I tell him I will have to get back to him. He explains to me that in order to make the downpipe they will need my turbo manifold there. After thinking about it and talking it over with my gf I decide to go ahead and order the downpipe. That was on Nov 1st, I also ask Tony if he can send me a few pics of my manifold progress as it comes along so I can update my build thread and give his company some good publicity.

On 10/28 I get an email with a picture of my manifold being made. The quality of the work looks great and I am happy at this point. I message Tony on AIM and tell him that I am happy with what I see and tell him to just send me a tracking number soon as my parts are done and have shipped. He says that they are a little short handed at the shop and are running a little behind, again at this point not a problem. I understand that people call off, quit, whatever. Sunday November 7th I message Tony on AIM to again check the status of my parts. He tells me that they got done Friday (Nov 5th) but were unable to ship out due to being finished after FedEx had already run. That’s fine, just send me a tracking number tomorrow when you ship them.

Now here is where it started going downhill for me. Monday I don’t hear anything from Tony, Tuesday and Wednesday go buy with no response. Thursday Nov 11th I attempt to message Fabworx on here and get a message that reads “At this time the username Fabworx has chosen to not accept private messages”. Red Flag!! After reading horror stories like the one involving PeakBoost, I start to worry a little bit. Here it is almost 3 weeks since my order was placed, the money has already been taken out of my bank account and now I can’t message them. I message Tony on AIM and ask him for a tracking number. He tells me he’s not at the shop right now but will send me the number soon as he gets back to the shop, this was around 10:30am est, 2:30 comes and goes and nothing, 5:30pm passes and guess what, no response from Tony.

Friday Nov 12th I text my gf to see if she can call Fabworx for me, since I am stuck in class all day. I tell her to get a tracking number so I can have someone sit at our house and sign for the package. She calls them in the AM and gets the answering machine, leaves a message with a return number. I get a break in class and call the shop, I too get the answering machine. Later in the day I call the shop and get the answering machine again. I inform them that a simple phone call would go a long way with me. I also state that if I don’t hear anything back from them that I will be forced to goto my bank and file a dispute as I am starting to feel that I am being scammed. Little did I know that at the same time my gf had called the shop back and got through . The guy at the shop tells her that Tony is out shipping parts out and will be back later in the day, he will have Tony give either her or I a phone call. She ask if the tracking number is sitting around, he explains that they don’t always put the tracking numbers on the invoices. Either way Tony will be calling, or so she was told.

It is now Saturday Nov 12th and I have yet to hear from anyone at Fabworx. I called FedEx to see if they were even shipping today, they tell me that they are in fact shipping. The lady on the phone ask if I have a tracking number so she can look me up and see if I can expect the package today. I inform her that I don’t have the tracking info, but ask if she can look me up by my last name and address. She tells me yes she can do that and does so. She informs me that my package did not ship from Fabworx until Nov 11th, which was yesterday, 4 days later then I was told it would ship and even told it had shipped. She tells me that I can expect to see the package on Tuesday. Hopefully it shows up with everything in great shape.

I did however get another invoice in my email, too bad it’s the same exact one that I got when I ordered my manifold. Nowhere on this invoice does it say anything about my downpipe. I am really hoping that my downpipe has been shipped, since I paid for it. A simple message on AIM or a phone call would have stopped me from writing this complaint on here. I hate putting companies on blast but I feel that my money is worth a little customer service. I understand shops get busy, short- handed and there simply aren’t enough hours in a day. However I am also well aware of how it takes a few seconds to send a tracking number. Not to mention I was lied to about when my parts were shipped out. If the parts weren’t done when you said they were, then just tell me that so I am not worrying about missing the arrival.

Hopefully someone from fabworx see's this message and finds the time to simply send me a message on here, aim, text, smoke signals, whatever just so I can get a tracking number. Also I would like to make sure that ALL my parts shipped out and are exactly what I had ordered. Again I hate calling companies out because I understand that no one is perfect, its just a little irritating when you ask questions repeatedly and get no responce. This encounter with Fabworx has made it to where I will not be ordering parts with them in the future. I had plannedo n ordering my Turbo, Intercooler piping and Traction Bar through the shop, not anymore. I might have come across as a pest, but to me my 1k bucks has given me the right to question any company I am spending money with, as to the progress and status of my goods.

Last edited by guy_from_nerk; 11-18-2010 at 10:01 AM.
Old 11-15-2010, 08:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Fabworx

Saturday Nov 13th I got the 2nd invoice which I mentioned above, the one that makes no mention of my downpipe. I send Fabworx an email asking "how about a tracking number and invoice showing my downpipe purchase?" I get a message back a few mins later stating that they would send me both as soon as they get home later that night. Again 2 days later and yet again, no damn tracking number or invoice. Is it really that hard to send either? At first I was regretting making this thread, feeling like maybe I had jumped the gun a little and maybe they were really that busy. Now my feelings about this has changed and I feel justified in my opening of this thread. If customer service isn't your forte, maybe you shouldn't be in business or hire someone to take care of the customers, since you obviously either can't, don't want to, or don't have the time to.

I am really hoping that there are no problems with my parts when they arrive tomorrow. I already know a road trip to Florida will be the only way things will be resolved should there be an issue.
Old 11-17-2010, 06:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Well I finally got a tracking number on Monday. Today my manifold arrives, which looks great, so I will give props where they are due. However we have another problem...my downpipe did not arrive. Called Tony up to see whats going on and actually got through to him, so were making progress. He told me that there was 1 tracking number for 2 boxes, I explained that only the manifold had arrived and was wondering whats going on. He said he would call FedEx after getting setteled in at the shop to see whats going on. After getting off the phone with him I thought maybe it'd be better to just take things into my own hands while I had the free time.

I called up Fedex and was informed that only 1 package is being shown as sent to me. So that means again someone is lying, I don't wanna say its FabWorx and I don't want to say its FedEx but its definitley one or the other. The lady at FedEx also told me that if it were 2 different boxes it would've had 2 seperate tracking numbers. Tony is supposed to be in contact with me by lunch, hopefully this **** gets settled.
Old 11-17-2010, 07:28 AM
formerly xmod_supra

How can u send one tracking number for 2 boxes? That defeats the purpose. Sigh.....

Here we go. O.o
Old 11-17-2010, 08:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i have never understood why it is so hard for shops to just be up front and honest and actually have good customer service. i really dont see how it is so hard to just tell the truth about whats going on with the particular service at hand. and sadly, this is not the first time i've heard negative things about this company
Old 11-17-2010, 11:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Lunch time came and went with no phone call from Tony. I even called the shop thinking I could get through, nope. I left a message stating that FedEx shows only 1 package being sent to me from FabWorx. Since no communication can be made by Tony and FabWorx, I have started a dispute with my bank in an attempt to get my money back for the downpipe. I have also posted my brand new manifold for sale on several local forums as I do not want to help promote a company that has this shitty of customer service, not to mention a company that has lied to me point blank twice now. Should my bank for whatever reason not see it my way, I will take legal action as I have pictures of the box unopened, the box opened showing its made to only fit my manifold, plus the info from FedEx that shows the shipping weight, which is the exact ammount of weight that the manifold weighs.

I feel that forums such as these should do more for people such as myself that get dicked over. Either ban the sponsor from your forum, or jack their month dues up to the point that they won't want to screw people over, should they do something like this.

Last edited by guy_from_nerk; 11-17-2010 at 11:53 AM.
Old 11-17-2010, 11:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

wow man i really hope you get your money back and i dont blame you one bit for selling the manifold already and not promoting them. just sucks it had to come to this. more companies need to realize that a simple phone call and honesty really goes a LONG way and can and WILL make or break your company
Old 11-17-2010, 12:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Dude a phone call saying "hey man we didn't get the downpipe made for xxx reason, sorry I lied to you in an attempt to satisfy you" would've gone a long way. In fact in one of my several voice mails I even said "I am pretty easy to deal with, and a simple honest response would go a long ways with me. I tried giving a new company a little help and it has come back to bite me in the *** honestly. To all the legit sponsors thank you for being around, companies like this make me see just how nice it is to have good companies still around.
Old 11-17-2010, 12:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Just spoke to Tony after calling into the shop. He says on his carbon copy from Fedex store it shows 2 boxes being sent out. He has contacted FedEx to start a tracer and is supposed to hear back from them in the next 24hours. Hopefully something gets resolved as I am growing impatient with this whole ordeal.
Old 11-17-2010, 07:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

IF he's telling the truth about this, i still dont understand 1 tracking number for 2 packages. i've never known of anything with multiple boxes to be tracked with 1 number. to my knowledge it should be 1 number per each package. kinda confuses me...
Old 11-17-2010, 08:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I know the rules...only post if i have anything to do with fabworx. I dont. HOWEVER....

This is how fedex master tracking numbers work. The first tracking number can include multiple packages. each package has seperate tracking numbers. But for the ease of tracking, you use the master (1st tracking number) and it SHOULD list all the packages that are being shipped together. So if Fedex says only 1 package under that tracking number. There is ONLY 1.

quoted from Fedex.com

Track Associated Shipments: FedEx provides you convenient multiple-piece shipment-status tracking information. Each package in a multiple-piece shipment is linked as associated shipments (track one package’s status and have access to information for all the shipment’s packages)

* Master Tracking Number: The first tracking number in a multiple-piece shipment that associates all tracking numbers in the shipment.

http://fedex.com/us/tracking/f_quickhelp.html
Old 11-17-2010, 08:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Just so this is clear, this Fabworx that you speak of out of FL is not to be confused with the Fabworx in SC, known for the titanium Mini Cooper setup, Im sorry that you have to deal with such poor customer service.
Old 11-18-2010, 06:35 AM
formerly xmod_supra

Oh yes that could get confusing. You didnt do anything wrong. Josh you should make that clear at the top of you first post or the title.
Old 11-18-2010, 09:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

sorry fabworx, i changed the intro into my thread. Maybe someone can actually change the topic title to "Fab-Worx" as they are 2 different companies.
Old 11-18-2010, 10:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Well looks like I am not the only one to have the same issues with Fab-Worx. A little searching on the internet has brought me to this: http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/9...ml#post2955879

Great to know that they eventually got the parts they ordered, after filing a dispute. Not so great to know that it took that in order to get their stuff, plus no communication
Old 11-18-2010, 01:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by guy_from_nerk
sorry fabworx, i changed the intro into my thread. Maybe someone can actually change the topic title to "Fab-Worx" as they are 2 different companies.
Thanks! Again Im sorry that you have to put up with such insufficient customer service
Old 11-19-2010, 12:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah it happens I guess. Just sucks that the biggest pain in the *** during building this car has been over a 300 dollar downpipe..

Update: Was told I would hear from Fab-Worx yesterday, that never happened. Called the shop today and left a voicemail. Today I got access to a computer (mine took a ****), opened my email to find this from Fab-Worx:

"getting another one made for you tomorrow shipping out monday email tracking to you monday. got no positive result from fedex tracer"

Either it really got lost, it was never made in the first place or they got the message from my bank and have decided that making me downpipe and shutting me up was worth it after all. Either way I will let everyone know if or if not I receive that tracking number on Monday.
Old 11-23-2010, 01:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

11/23/10: Yesterday I was supposed to receive a tracking number, that never happened. Today I sent an email to Tony@ Fab-Worx requesting a tracking number, never got a response. This afternoon I was bored and figured I would atleast see how the manifold looked on my car. Guess what doesn't fit? The manifold's flange has 3 bolt holes that are off by atleast a 1/4 inch. I tried it on my car and on my dads spare LS head just to double check, it didn't fit either of the heads. So I call Fab-Worx up and get their answering machine, go figure. I left a message telling Tony to just keep the downpipe and refund me my money, and to also expect to see his manifold back at the shop because it doesn't fit.

I went to my bank to see what I had to do to get my $700 back for the manifold that doesn't fit. They informed me that in order to file a dispute for that ammount, I must first ship the manifold back to Fab-Worx at my expense. $32 dollars later it is now on its way back to Florida. There is a signature required since its a business and I also put $700 dollars insurance on it just to cover my ***.
Old 11-23-2010, 03:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 95 Likes on 85 Posts

whatd your lawyer say.
Old 11-23-2010, 07:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

oh wow it just keeps getting better and better. what a joke of a "business"
Old 11-24-2010, 07:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I was told that should they not refund me my money I need to call the Florida State Patrol and inform them of the situation. Apparently it can be considered interstate fraud? I emailed Tony yesterday informing him that I was shipping the manifold back and requested a full refund. I even enclosed a note stating that I wanted my money back for the downpip (which has still yet to ship according to fedex) and my manifold that doesn't fit. It cost me $32 after insurance to send the manifold back, money in which I will never get back unfortunately.

$1000 dollars total is what I am attempting to get back from Fab-Worx. I also called the other Fabworx (South Carolina), and informed them that Fab-Worx (Florida) was taking credit for their work. I actually thought I was dealing with the fabworx that did the mini cooper. I even mentioned it to Tony on my first phone call to the shop "I seen that mini cooper you guys did and it looks good", his reply was "oh yeah you like that huh?" I filed a complaint with the BBB today as well.
Old 11-24-2010, 02:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

what? are you freakin serious? wow. i really hope these ******** get shut down! they don't deserve to be in business. have you posted this on other sites as well? man i hate scum like this!
Old 11-25-2010, 01:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Dead serious. This morning at 2:30 am my gfs phone goes off, alerting her that she has a new email. She woke up and checked it to find an email from Tony, it stated that once the manifold has arrived to their shop they will issue a full refund. We shall see
Old 11-26-2010, 04:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hope it all gets straightened out for you. Also glad to hear it's a different fabworx that your talking about. I've always liked their work and wanted to order a manifold. You scared me for a second.
Old 11-27-2010, 09:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

From the sound of it..your not going to get that refund. I hate thieves...
My friend got ****ed over by the whole Peakboost bullshit spending over 4k for his s2000 turbo set-up that he ordered almost a year ago. sadly enough, alot of times, people will never see their money returned.

I hope it works out for you...wish there was a way you could "legally" embarrass them.

Quick Reply: Fabworx