Notices
Sales Feedback This forum is to list your experiences with our vendors or other users. Positive or Negative. Please READ the rules.

AFI Customer Service...anyone else having issues?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2013, 10:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AFI Customer Service...anyone else having issues?

I know this isn't any technical related thread, but I am having some issues with AFI's Customer Service. I thought this would be the best place to figure out whats going on, hopefully others are ordering from them on this forum and can tell me there expierence with them.

On April 16 I ordered a precision turbo from AFI. They said, "Precision has material on backorder and should be restocked later this week. Then you should have your turbo the following." That puts us around April 22nd-25th. April 25th I messaged them to see what was up. Got no response. Thought, okay theyre busy.

On April 29th I messaged them again. They told me they havent heard anything from Precision, they will call them tomorrow and see whats up. Never got back to me. From April 30th to Today (5/23) I sent them 8 Messages all without responses.

On May 6th i decided to Email Aaron on Gmail. Sent 4 messages from that day to today, no responses to any of them.

On May 6th I called Precision directly. Aaron from PTE answered the phone right away. Told him the story and what was going on, said he couldnt do anything except get ahold of AFI directly. That day I texted Brad and asked what was going on. May 9th he Texted me back, this is what the messaged said....

"I keep emailing them and calling them and get no answers. He's supposed to call me back today with an update."

First thing that goes on in my head is, how does some jamoch in a **** hole shop (myself) get ahold of precision and a vendor cant...

After that text he sent me, i sent three more between May 9th and May 16th. He responded on May 16th, "Ya last i heard it shipped. Ill find out whats up today." I responded, "Alright bitchen. If you could let me know that'd be great. Thanks." He responded, "Wurd."

Two more unanswered text after that. Then today I sent out an email/text/voicemall to every way possible that could have to deal with AFI and said, "i filled a dispute on Paypal. I would like a full refund of my money please. Thank you."

No responses to any of them. So i called Precision, Talked to Aaron again see if they could give me any info. They said they cant give away any information for privacy reasons, but that its a 4-5 day wait to have a turbo built, and that i should of recieved mine by now. They are going to try and contact AFI directly to see if we can get this settled...

Pretty much, Im just someone that wants to go fast and AFI isnt allowing me. lol Is anyone having this issue with their customer service? Do they just hate me? Has anyone went through them for any business lately? Any information would be great.

Thanks!!

Last edited by shawty22; 05-23-2013 at 10:34 AM.
Old 05-23-2013, 11:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: AFI Customer Service...anyone else having issues?

Originally Posted by shawty22
I know this isn't any technical related thread, but I am having some issues with AFI's Customer Service. I thought this would be the best place to figure out whats going on, hopefully others are ordering from them on this forum and can tell me there expierence with them.

On April 16 I ordered a precision turbo from AFI. They said, "Precision has material on backorder and should be restocked later this week. Then you should have your turbo the following." That puts us around April 22nd-25th. April 25th I messaged them to see what was up. Got no response. Thought, okay theyre busy.

On April 29th I messaged them again. They told me they havent heard anything from Precision, they will call them tomorrow and see whats up. Never got back to me. From April 30th to Today (5/23) I sent them 8 Messages all without responses.

On May 6th i decided to Email Aaron on Gmail. Sent 4 messages from that day to today, no responses to any of them.

On May 6th I called Precision directly. Aaron from PTE answered the phone right away. Told him the story and what was going on, said he couldnt do anything except get ahold of AFI directly. That day I texted Brad and asked what was going on. May 9th he Texted me back, this is what the messaged said....

"I keep emailing them and calling them and get no answers. He's supposed to call me back today with an update."

First thing that goes on in my head is, how does some jamoch in a **** hole shop (myself) get ahold of precision and a vendor cant...

After that text he sent me, i sent three more between May 9th and May 16th. He responded on May 16th, "Ya last i heard it shipped. Ill find out whats up today." I responded, "Alright bitchen. If you could let me know that'd be great. Thanks." He responded, "Wurd."

Two more unanswered text after that. Then today I sent out an email/text/voicemall to every way possible that could have to deal with AFI and said, "i filled a dispute on Paypal. I would like a full refund of my money please. Thank you."

No responses to any of them. So i called Precision, Talked to Aaron again see if they could give me any info. They said they cant give away any information for privacy reasons, but that its a 4-5 day wait to have a turbo built, and that i should of recieved mine by now. They are going to try and contact AFI directly to see if we can get this settled...

Pretty much, Im just someone that wants to go fast and AFI isnt allowing me. lol Is anyone having this issue with their customer service? Do they just hate me? Has anyone went through them for any business lately? Any information would be great.

Thanks!!
I hate to say it, but I had a nightmare experience with them as well!! Took them over 3 months to get my manifold and wastegate. I ordered at the end of October 2012 and didnt receive all my items till some time in February 2013 seperately. Thats with saying I was promised I would have everything in 4 weeks! The only thing positive I can say was Aaron was a bit helpful. Then again I would rape his phone constantly and follow up with him as needed. The shop phone on the website is useless. I only got one person to ever pick up. Your not the only one having issues with them. A while back there was quite a few people on Face book with complaints waiting on items way longer than I was.
Old 05-23-2013, 11:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Oh yeah i had a problem with a buddies manifold and wastegate around the same time. You wouldnt mind pming me Aarons cell number would you? I only have Brads, and he could really care less it seems like. I either want my money or my turbo. Thats all i want...is that really to much to ask for?

A buddy just called me today saying, "Dude you needed a turbo and didnt ask me? I have a close friend that sells precision turbos." He called up his close friend for me, said i can get the turbo i wanted from him tomorrow...

Im really kicking myself in the D*CK right now...
Old 05-23-2013, 11:46 AM
DO IT ON ALL FOURS

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Karma stinks huh bub?
Old 05-23-2013, 12:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Oh yeah i had a problem with a buddies manifold and wastegate around the same time. You wouldnt mind pming me Aarons cell number would you? I only have Brads, and he could really care less it seems like. I either want my money or my turbo. Thats all i want...is that really to much to ask for?

A buddy just called me today saying, "Dude you needed a turbo and didnt ask me? I have a close friend that sells precision turbos." He called up his close friend for me, said i can get the turbo i wanted from him tomorrow...

Im really kicking myself in the D*CK right now...
PM sent....

Yeah I know EXACTLY how you feel! I passed on a few other good vendors on here just because AFI **WAS** known as good reputable shop. I did speak Brad just once when my whole issue was going on. All I got was a promise that it would be done in another 2 weeks after the first month had passed by, but we all know how that ended up. I understand if a shop is behind, going through some unexpected issues. At that point they should just be straight up with there customers and not lie and continue to take there money as if nothing is happening!
Old 05-23-2013, 12:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks a lot. Yeah I'd just appreciate it if they would just stop screwing with me and let me know exactly what is going on...but nope. Doesn't work that way.

Anyone else out there with issues?
Old 05-23-2013, 01:09 PM
The Grumpiest

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

This isn't where this thread belongs whatsoever. Sounds like you're having a commerce issue. Nothing technical about it at all. Should have posted this here.
http://hondamarketplace.com/forumdisplay.php?f=157
This forum is to list your experiences with our vendors or other users. Positive or Negative.
Old 05-23-2013, 06:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thank you. Just figured all the guys in here bought their parts from somewhere...so they can give some experiences they had. They must have seen this though...I got a call back from Aaron earlier today. Hopefully things can get resolved.
Old 05-23-2013, 06:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Good luck sir. I hope that you get your problem resolved.
Old 05-23-2013, 10:00 PM
Man U FTW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

AFI used to have a big presence on H-T, but have fallen off in the last few years. I wonder what happened...success must've gone to their heads and they forgot that customers built their business. Publicity like this is going to deplete the few sales they would otherwise have...
Old 05-24-2013, 03:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 96 Likes on 86 Posts

afi used to have awesome customer service, turn around time, and sales. thats why i order my kit thru them. but that was back in 2009. i tried to order their 18x12x3.5 fmic two years later, and they changed their number three times. last person to contact i was told to try and get ahold of was alfred.

i guess the best way to get ahold of them would be thru facebook.
Old 05-24-2013, 03:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I would say any way you can get ahold of them is great, when you are looking to buy something from them/through them. No way is a great way to get ahold of them when you want to know where the product is. Haha. I am hoping Aaron gets back to me today like he said he was going to. Come around 2-3 O'Clock or so, I'm going to just blow his phone up with calls and texts cuz thats the only way it seems like anything gets accomplished.
Old 05-24-2013, 03:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by grumblemarc
This isn't where this thread belongs whatsoever. Sounds like you're having a commerce issue. Nothing technical about it at all. Should have posted this here.
http://hondamarketplace.com/forumdisplay.php?f=157
This forum is to list your experiences with our vendors or other users. Positive or Negative.
I looked at the link you sent, and 9 threads down there is something about AFI Turbo's customer service. Lol Posting it in here seems to stream a lot more attention to the fact, thats why i did so.
Old 05-24-2013, 07:31 AM
Man U FTW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by grumblemarc
This isn't where this thread belongs whatsoever.
Personally, I think this is the best place to post it. Its Forced Induction related and honestly, I didnt even know that other forum existed ...and I moderate this joint
Old 05-24-2013, 07:38 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Solution to you problem:
Make one last attempt to get a tracking number, if it doesn't work call your credit card company or paypal and dispute the charge.
Then buy from a REPUTABLE vendor & honda-tech sponsor that has excellent customer service & communication like phearable.net :-)
Old 05-24-2013, 09:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Oh trust me, i wont be doing business with them again. They by far had the best prices, but i would honestly pay more just to have good customer service. Ive called companys and have a 10-20 minute conversation on whats going on with the car, goals, what kind of cars are around the area...and when i call back to order more parts, they actually remember who you are. Its incredible. Those are the guys that will be now taking all my business.
Old 05-24-2013, 09:25 AM

Oh trust me, i wont be doing business with them again. They by far had the best prices, but i would honestly pay more just to have good customer service. Ive called companys and have a 10-20 minute conversation on whats going on with the car, goals, what kind of cars are around the area...and when i call back to order more parts, they actually remember who you are. Its incredible. Those are the guys that will be now taking all my business.
Live and learn :-)
I hope it turns out ok for ya!
Old 05-24-2013, 11:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks!

Aaron texted me back right away this morning saying that he's going to talk to brad and see what's going on. I hope this all goes through well. If it does, Aaron is the person to contact directly to get your issues resolved.
Old 05-28-2013, 08:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Called Aaron this morning. Told him a want a refund and not have to deal with this anymore. He said he would tell Brad. I texted brad right afterwards saying I talked to Aaron and he said to return my money. No respond from Brad at all. It will be interesting to see how long that process will take.
Old 05-28-2013, 09:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I ended up cancelling my order, and got the same part from a private member, after my huge lost with peakboost I trust no one anymore. file that claim.
Old 05-28-2013, 10:35 AM
Moderator in Chief

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Moved to Sales Feedback.
Old 05-28-2013, 01:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm a Dealer for AFI.

I can tell you that brad has lost a welder or two in the last month, I also know he had a electric box problem at the shop that shut down alot of stuff for almost a 2-3 week time if i remember.

I had a intake manifold made for my racecar by them.. They've been pretty backed up. I can tell you that he's doing the best he possibly can for any situation. I know its tough, believe me I do, if it at all helps, Just even to be updated is nice.
When people order cams from me, if it takes longer you get the the truth, nothing less, i also always make a point to update a customer every few days or so on anything they order, to at least know they aren't forgotten.

Brad is still the same up standing guy he's always been.. just a few snags in the road. I promise you this isn't some Exospeed or strada type situation.. AFI is still there pushing out stuff.. he isn't running.

PM me your information, let me see if i could get a update for you... if anything at least put a bug in his ear that he's taken a bit longer then he should.. its nothing personal, its just business sometimes people need to be reminded of that.
Old 05-29-2013, 04:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Well I told them I wanted a refund. Brad said he couldn't give a refund until the dispute was closed, so I closed the dispute. He said he would refund the money last night...that he was "working on it right now." I haven't received anything back, yet alone haven't heard back from them yet. Am I surprised at all? Nope. Not one bit.

If you'd like to say a few words to them for me that would be great. I just want my money back so I can go buy a turbo and actually move forward on my build. I've been kind of waiting for a turbo for over a month now, and that's the last piece of the puzzle. Any help from anyone would be appreciated.
Old 05-30-2013, 11:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

It wasn't pretty but I finally got my money back.

Not doing business with them ever again. Be prepared of you decide to order things from them.
Old 05-31-2013, 05:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

That's not bad at all I ordered my stuff in October and November and I've only received half my stuff and that was in February. Every time I inquire I'm greeted with no response, asked for a refund and no response. Honestly I'm about to hire a lawyer because I can't get these guys to respond to me. When they do respond all they say is "it will be out next week."

Quick Reply: AFI Customer Service...anyone else having issues?