Notices
For Sale General Classifieds For Sale

NEW MINNESOTA STUFF FOR SALE

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2005, 09:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (vue_moua)

heh, never had an axle head get stuck in the tranny, its really that hard? you guys try an air hammer/chisel and pry bar at the same time? the key is to get as much torque as possible with a lonnnngggggg breaker bar.
Old 12-28-2005, 09:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Doubledeala)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Doubledeala &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">heh, never had an axle head get stuck in the tranny, its really that hard? you guys try an air hammer/chisel and pry bar at the same time? the key is to get as much torque as possible with a lonnnngggggg breaker bar. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Actually the "best" way is to make sure its popping out "straight"

Most of the time when you are "prying" on it you are creating an unequal force on the splines and c-clip. Causing binding.

I try to "pop" the axles out with quick snapping motions
Old 12-28-2005, 09:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

wouldn't a prybar or something wedged in there, and an air hammer hitting the pry bar at the end work?

another idea would maybe be 2 fairly steep wedges sitting at 180 degrees from each other, hit them with a hammer at the same time, creates a lot of upward force. if anyone needs help, or wants it out bad, heh bring it by. I wanna see this
Old 12-28-2005, 09:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Doubledeala)

I do things the way i have always done them without problems. Try whichever ways you have to.
Old 12-28-2005, 09:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (JDMisGOOD)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDMisGOOD &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Actually the "best" way is to make sure its popping out "straight"

Most of the time when you are "prying" on it you are creating an unequal force on the splines and c-clip. Causing binding.

I try to "pop" the axles out with quick snapping motions</TD></TR></TABLE>

x2.

you could just use a magnet to pull it out straight too.

Old 12-28-2005, 10:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

have you tried getting at it from the other side of the differential? Just make something similar to those tools made to hold in ford diff pins but with longer "legs" to reach the shaft
Old 12-28-2005, 10:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (paul vang)

i've never had a problem popping out axles, just get a pry bar or large screw driver, quick snap and its out

WTB:

t3/t4 e/b 57 trim or larger
dsm 450CC injectors

pm me with what you got!!!!!
Old 12-29-2005, 12:11 AM

If anyone has a b-pipe for a 94-99 GSR for cheap, let me know.

Oh and Dana, clean your car you dirty VC.
Old 12-29-2005, 02:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Das Nuge)

anyone got a healthy b18b for cheap?
Old 12-29-2005, 05:01 AM

Default misc items

I still a couple left:45 each obo

Brand new 100-125

Tial WG w/ 7 lbs spring 100 obo

Sway Bar-DC sports 60

Modified by svmnredracr at 5:49 PM 12/29/2005

Modified by svmnredracr at 5:50 PM 12/29/2005
Old 12-29-2005, 06:31 AM

wtb:

any size turbo but has to be bigger then my t3 .42/.48

ps2, has to have no disc read error
Old 12-29-2005, 08:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

WARNING 2 ALL!!!!!
Fawk D&G motors, never in your life bring any sort of motor part 2 DG motors, in fact never I repeat never go near that fawked up place, why..

I first talked to DG on the phone on my Gsr block assembly. They told me $7-800 on the whole assembly. I was ok wit it so I brought everythimg in freshly sleeved and balanced from Earl and Banson...
When I got there they told me 2 leave my stuff and come back the next day, because they need an better price qoute.. so i left nexy day i came back to find out, they jacked up the price due to other things that need to B done before assembly, like balancing and re-honning.

Fawkers think i'm stupid, so I told them to give me my stuff so i can go somewhere else. They said sure but i have to pay $350 for the work already done to it on the estimation/qoute. They told me 2 either pay, or they're taking me to court for not paying for documented labor..
Old 12-29-2005, 08:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Destroying turbo ITR motors in Minneapolis, MN, U.S.A.
Default Re: (2fastwit it)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 2fastwit it &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">WARNING 2 ALL!!!!!
Fawk D&G motors, never in your life bring any sort of motor part 2 DG motors, in fact never I repeat never go near that fawked up place, why..

I first talked to DG on the phone on my Gsr block assembly. They told me $7-800 on the whole assembly. I was ok wit it so I brought everythimg in freshly sleeved and balanced from Earl and Banson...
When I got there they told me 2 leave my stuff and come back the next day, because they need an better price qoute.. so i left nexy day i came back to find out, they jacked up the price due to other things that need to B done before assembly, like balancing and re-honning.

Fawkers think i'm stupid, so I told them to give me my stuff so i can go somewhere else. They said sure but i have to pay $350 for the work already done to it on the estimation/qoute. They told me 2 either pay, or they're taking me to court for not paying for documented labor..</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well ****...I planned on getting my motor built there.
Old 12-29-2005, 08:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (boostincoupe)

lilkong got his gsr turbo motor built there..... that motor was flawless... didin't even sound like most turbo motors i';ve heard.... i guess it was a freak motor...
Old 12-29-2005, 09:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Your better off going somewhere else.. But thats not my choice 2 make.
I'm just posting up what happened 2 me and hope it doesn't happen 2 U or anybody else..
Old 12-29-2005, 09:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 2fastwit it &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">WARNING 2 ALL!!!!!

Fawkers think i'm stupid, so I told them to give me my stuff so i can go somewhere else. They said sure but i have to pay $350 for the work already done to it on the estimation/qoute. They told me 2 either pay, or they're taking me to court for not paying for documented labor..</TD></TR></TABLE>

lol.

So you expect them to give you an accurate price quote over the phone without even seeing the motor first?

Interesting.

Old 12-29-2005, 09:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Accord94DX)

All I told them, Eagal rods, cp pistons, needs to B put together with the head. Thats it so, they wanted to play with me and throw in other crap like balancing honning, and decking wich was already done by Earl and Banson. They kept telling me they need 2 do these stuff in order for them to assemble a long lasting motor. I told them it was already done and didn't need to. They kept pushing it until I had enough and wanted 2 go somewhere else, than it got 2 that fawked up moment where they held my stuff until i payed them $350.
Old 12-29-2005, 10:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

DG has been nothing but good to me. SO you are pissed that they were gonna charge you to balance the rotating assembly? Just so you know, I highly suggest it to be done and Benson doesn't do that for you. As far as re-honing, are you sure he didn't mean to line hone it? SOme of the time when you sleeve a motor it throws of the line bore. You should scan and show your estimate invoice.

Also, if I was DG, I wouldn't assemble anything without a waiver because I didn't do the machining. IF something were to happen to that motor, the blame game would go back and forth between you, D&G, and benson. I've seen this happen numerous times when a few different places touch the motor
Old 12-29-2005, 10:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by boostincoupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Well ****...I planned on getting my motor built there. </TD></TR></TABLE>

keep on planning to go there. THey are great people
Old 12-29-2005, 10:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 2fastwit it &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">All I told them, Eagal rods, cp pistons, needs to B put together with the head. Thats it so, they wanted to play with me and throw in other crap like balancing honning, and decking wich was already done by Earl and Banson. They kept telling me they need 2 do these stuff in order for them to assemble a long lasting motor. I told them it was already done and didn't need to. They kept pushing it until I had enough and wanted 2 go somewhere else, than it got 2 that fawked up moment where they held my stuff until i payed them $350.</TD></TR></TABLE>

it must be those eagal rods , i myself would have used eagle rods

btw: WTB

t3/t4 e/b 57 trim or larger
b series VSS
Old 12-29-2005, 10:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

What honest shop would charge a new customer for an estamation and not tell them they will be charge until they choose to leave.
What they expect me to go on and pay what they wanted and re-do what was already done. I'm 100% positive My pistons and rods were the correct size 84mm
sleeved by Banson, brand New piston and rods bought from Earl. Block step decked. Every part was brand New ready to assembled.
Old 12-29-2005, 10:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

How much did U pay for your motor build there. I bet U paid well over your head.
Check other places and compare your build and let us know....
Old 12-29-2005, 10:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default **VAFC for sale**

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1461218
thanks for looking
Old 12-29-2005, 10:46 AM

I'll do it for 500 bucks!!!!
Old 12-29-2005, 10:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 2fastwit it &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">How much did U pay for your motor build there. I bet U paid well over your head.
Check other places and compare your build and let us know....</TD></TR></TABLE>

actually, I paid
$175 for balancing
$100 for new rings (beacause my pistons were used)
$150 for a line hone (because exospeed lost my main caps)

the assembly and blueprinting is done by me

Quick Reply: NEW MINNESOTA STUFF FOR SALE