Notices
For Sale General Classifieds For Sale

incognitoracerr WHere the hell are you!

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2003, 11:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default incognitoracerr WHere the hell are you!

any body know this guy? i payed him money on the 29th of september and still havent recieve my long block. I need you to get a hold of me NOW! I either need a tracking number, or my 350 bucks back. YOU PICK!

Any info on this guy would help.
https://honda-tech.com/zerouser...26951

there is his profile

and here is the paypal recipt

Name:
Lorraine Cabrera (The recipient of this payment is Verified)
Email:
vze1simn@verizon.net

Total Amount:
-$350.00 USD

Date:
Sep. 29, 2003
Time:
20:38:48 PDT
Completed

Seller Protection Policy:
Ineligible

Subject:
D16z6
Note:
This is for the d16z6 complete longblock, includes head etc. Please send to

Brent Gitchel
4775 Breckenridge NE
Grand Rapids, MI 49525

Phone number 616 890 8513 thanks man

Shipping Address:

No Address Provided

Funding Type:
Credit Card
Funding Source:
$350.00 USD - Visa Card XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-0037

I havent heard anythign from him in over a week. Nor has he supplied me with a tracking number. I Talked to the guy that he sold the tranny to that the other guy bought aroudn the same time and he shipped both the tranny and engine at the same time and we both have different stories from what he told us.

I need some help here
Old 10-20-2003, 11:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: incognitoracerr WHere the hell are you! (screamincivik)

If you haven't already call your credit card co and file a dispute asap
Old 10-20-2003, 11:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: incognitoracerr WHere the hell are you! (quikB18B)

i was really hoping it wouldnt come down to that...does any local from him know him? goes by the name of tito
Old 10-20-2003, 11:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey Brent,
This is what I would suggest you do. File an immediate complaint with Paypal. They will start an investigation and contact the seller requesting shipping confirmation. If there is no response in a week or so, they will usually refund the money (assuming it's still in the guy's paypal account). If the guy withdrew the funds, they're going to tell you that although the seller is at fault, that Paypal could not recover money for you. It does however put a hold on their Paypal account and keeps them from making any more transactions.

I had the same thing happen to me and right after I filed my complaint with Paypal, I had a tracking # emailed to me from the seller and I got my stuff within a week. You can always withdraw your complaint once the situation is resolved.

If filing a complaint with Paypal still doesn't do ****, then I would contact your creditcard company and have them dispute the charge with Paypal. Good luck.

-Dave
Old 10-20-2003, 12:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: incognitoracerr WHere the hell are you! (PhAtBoY Si)

Paypal usually don't do ****. Just go straight to your credit card company. You'll have no problems getting your money back.
Old 10-20-2003, 12:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Has anyone or know anyone that has been on the other end? Like what exactly does the credit card company do to you, besides get their money back? Always been curious as to what happens.
Old 10-20-2003, 12:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: incognitoracerr WHere the hell are you! (specie)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by specie &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Paypal usually don't do ****. Just go straight to your credit card company. You'll have no problems getting your money back. </TD></TR></TABLE>

1) The reason why I said to go through Paypal first is to give the guy the benefit of the doubt and hope that he fulfills his end of the transaction. If the buyer goes directly to his creditcard company, then although he may get his money back, he doesn't get the part he initially wanted to buy. Especially with Paypal having that 30 day limit to file complaints, it wouldn't hurt him to file a complaint now.

2) To file a complaint with the creditcard company, you just call and explain the situation to them. That you used your card to make a purchase and didn't receive the item. They will reverse the charge (which is essentially taking the money back from Paypal). This causes Paypal to go after the seller for the money and if the seller has already withdrawn the money from his Paypal account, his account will reflect a negative balance.
Old 10-20-2003, 12:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: incognitoracerr WHere the hell are you! (specie)

well i filed a complaint to paypal for now. Im about ready to send a complaint to my credit card company...also does it work the same if its my debit card? i just used the credit part to buy it then it transfers the money from my account..(ya'll know how it works) but would that make a difference?
Old 10-20-2003, 01:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

anyone know this guy?
Old 10-20-2003, 04:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

hes from the bronx...
Old 10-20-2003, 06:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i paid him 170 for his ex tranny, axles, and flywheel the 21 of september, and claims he sent the stuff out along time ago. also i had an oral and writen contract for teh same motor he sold to screamincivik, hmm said the motor was mine but sold it to someone else.

help us out he stoped answering our emails and hasn;t been online sens thursday.

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=624666
Old 10-20-2003, 06:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: incognitoracerr WHere the hell are you! (bmcc72)

help us out guys...someone drive to his house
Old 10-21-2003, 05:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

hey don;t call that number i gave u. its definatly not the right one. i found the right number. his name is tito. not cabrera. thats a girl haha

update talked to his brother and he claims he took a bunch of stuff to the airport to ship out. hmm to bad we have no tracking numbers.
Old 10-21-2003, 06:10 AM

Default Re: incognitoracerr WHere the hell are you! (bmcc72)

off topic : Yo BMC Im intrested in one of the DX tranny's Ask Brentice Boy im a Pretty good guy, Sorry bout your lose fellas.
Old 10-21-2003, 09:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: incognitoracerr WHere the hell are you! (civiksiracer1)

alright i wrote the other number down u pmed me. Some delt with this guy before?
Old 10-21-2003, 11:39 AM

edited

Modified by quikB18B at 7:45 PM 10/21/2003
Old 10-21-2003, 06:41 PM

Default Re: incognitoracerr WHere the hell are you! (quikB18B)

Hey Guys here at honda-tech...I had two guys purchase a tranny and a block here. I have dealt with many people here before as far as buying and selling...never had any complaints from anyone...this is the first time I sent something this heavy and fed-ex rejected the merchandise and said I had to go to the airport and ship it as freight...if anyone here has shipped heavy items before they know its true...but now here in NYC before anything goes frieght it is thoroughly inspected since 9/11. I don't have my car, i work in the day and school at night...shipping papers are in my car which i have not seen in a while yet...had an engine swap and a lot of things have gone wrong if you do a search on my name you can see all the help i have asked for here on this forum...i think its pretty unfair ( i mean if i paid for something i would want it quick but its just taking longer than expected via freight...so i think its unfair to treat me like a criminal when i know for sure these guys things will get there anytime soon and when they do receive it it won't matter because they will be happy with what they got BUT I WILL STILL HAVE A BAD NAME!!!!...sorry for the inconveniece to those two individuals but you just have to wait....
Old 10-21-2003, 06:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: incognitoracerr WHere the hell are you! (incognitoracerr)

In my title it says where the hell are you? my goal was to try and find you because the last time i heard from you was on the 14th. What am i supposed to think. I imed you everyday trying to be nice about it. I even said you better respond quick or else im gonna hve to post. Still nothing. SO i posted. What is a person supposed to think if you never hear from them? ALso i talked to the guy that bought the tranny, his story has been different from what i hear from you. All arrows were pointing to me getting fucked. I know you said that your computer was down, but that really isnt my fault. I wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt. If you can get me a tracking number or some way to prove its sent then i will do my best to help you keep your name on honda-tech.

I wasnt tryin to be a dick about this. I was hoping someone from your area might have known you and could have given me some info. Im sure you all have been scammed some way or another.

It always starts with no response, no response, no response. Then excuses and then pretty much its 2 months later and you have nothing. So i want u all to knwo where im coming from.

Tito- Im sorry i posted about this but until i can get a tracking number or some comfirmation im not goin to change anything.