Notices
For Sale General Classifieds For Sale

Beware of Sohfast.com!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2001, 09:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Beware of Sohfast.com!!!! (EGinNJ)

i can't believe anyone on this board would still deal with him. though he's been legit to some, he hasn't for so many others.

no matter what, if he was set-up or what not, he has a responsibility as a retailer. obviously he doesn't own a salvage yard so he was getting his motors from someone else. it was obviously his choice to purchase very, very cheap motors and turn them for a huge profit. don't think he'd be wasting his time if all he was making was $100 per swap. no way!

i bet he was making a good $700+ profit from every swap he sold. his prices are ridiculous.

again, a retailer as a business has a responsibility. sure, maybe he got off, maybe he had proof, but it still doesn't excuse things.

i'm sure for everyone on this topic that said i didn't get screwed and i'd buy again. if you guys did get screwed you'd have a greatly different opinion on the matter. and guess what, you were just lucky you didn't get caught or get stuck with a bad motor. or maybe you do have a bad motor and you don't know it yet.

buy from a legit salvage yard. not from the middle man. get a 90 day warranty, receipt papers and you're set to go. you'll never have another worry there after.
Old 06-22-2001, 12:57 PM

Default Re: Beware of Sohfast.com!!!! (RevHardGSR)

It doesn't matter if the motor are stolen who ever is selling the motor needs to check the VIN number...COPS don't care if you the dealer or the buyer...a vehicle was stolen to get the engine...WHAT IF IT WAS YOUR CAR THAT WAS STOLEN AND STRIPPED? get my point...hopefully this will end...It's just make us import enthusiasts look bad...
Old 06-22-2001, 03:00 PM
Corr Performance Pilot

Default Re: Beware of Sohfast.com!!!! (GencivicIII)

a message from Jerome..
Small problem... Justin Thomas at hondasite.com, the 40 car thief (he sold me 6), CHANGED the VIN's and serial numbers from 3's to 8's and therefore EVEN if we and our customers checked, they would have come up legit. In fact, the cops did a check on one of the motors he sold me and it came out legit and LATER after finding out Justin Thomas changed the 3's to 8's, it was then determined it was stolen.

Regards,

Jerome
Old 06-22-2001, 03:01 PM
Corr Performance Pilot

Default Re: Beware of Sohfast.com!!!! (Wandering)

it should work for you. I cliked it from home and work and it works for me.
Old 06-22-2001, 09:16 PM

Default Re: Beware of Sohfast.com!!!! (MouhadIb)

Well I got a call from the F.B.I. this morning again and guess what it, it came back STOLEN. Whether or not Jerome knew about
this I don't know. The car was stolen 2/28/99 and recovered 3/2/99 totally stripped. So as of now my engine belongs
to the Insurance company. Hopefully they won't confiscate it from me, but we will see.
Let me start off by saying that I dont want to start any heat. I want no static and I dont mean to offend anyone. Seems like this topic has been going on for a long while. I am new to hondatech but have seen alot about it on other boards.... Let me see if I can say a few things that might open some minds, so let the thinking begin . RevHardGSR, I am sorry to hear your motor was stolen. I am sure you worked very hard to get it and then to just have it ripped from your hands, well damn, it would probably make me cry . As far as your motor is concerned and then Justin Thomas.... You are right, there is no hiding the past. Unfortunately . that motor was stolen 2/28/99 and recovered 3/2/99 totally stripped. Well Justin sold motors to Jerome between May 1st, 2000 and Nov 1st, 2000. So as you can see, it is pretty obvious this motor did not come from Thomas. I think it was mentioned in an excerpt up above anyways. There are alof of little flukes with Jerome as well. I am not stipulating my behalf on either one. Let me tell you this. Thomas and I are what I would consider pretty good friends. we are rebuilding a blown up 00Si (fuel line burst at the track, fuel meets open header, the rest is history) and the truth is, we have discussed ALOT of his history. I know one side of the story, and thats what it is, a story. I do not know Jerome, I do not do business with him, I have not met him, I have not conversed with him, so please if its one thing you all can take from this, I know what I know and am trying to open some eyes. Who is right or wrong, you guys can form your own opinion, either from experience or if you want to believe what you read.

Thomas was in fact involved in alot of this and hsa done his time. he got busted and realized that his life is going no where. it is not like Thomas is an exception from the rest of the crowd... When he was involved in this stuff when he was young. **** today he is still not even 20, neither am I. If you get involved with the wrong crowd **** goes downhill fast. It happened to him and he has done his time. In fact, what I respect about Thomas most, damn I should just say Justin as he IS my friend, and I have gone away from this whole legal theme... is that Justin got busted, had a rude awakening and realized he was going to spend the rest of his time in jail if he didnt shape up. what has he done? He got through all this bad stuff and then proceeded to turn his life around. He has no association with old buddies and wants nothing to do with theft anymore. He has in turn tried to do something positive with Hondas (remember gone in 60 seconds: auto: I woke up one day and realized I am no longer a means of destruction, but a means of restoration) or some BS like that. Justin has done the same. He never operated Hondasite at the time that ANY of this went on. Hondasite still gets slandered by Jerome TODAY (as a previous excerpt in a mail posted above states). Why would Jerome wish to say bad things about Hondasite? Business rivalry? Justin does not deal with motors, simply performance parts. Yet Jerome as he is not fond of Justin (understandable) wishes to drag him down too. Not fair, but ****, life never is. Enough of my pointless rambling. I have saved this conversation over MSN Messenger durring the course of me talking about nothing here, so please if you are seriously that interesred Follow this link.

http://www.qwk.net/~tony/convo.htm

Justin puts it in his OWN words and I promise I have NOT changed any context of this. I already stated that I am not involved. I did NOT know either party while this took place. I have just met justin a few months ago and he seems like a really cool guy. Plus who better to learn how to PROTECT your car from than a pre-car thief? Happy posting to all of you, and please do not try to tell me I am wrong or I have offended you. Please do not tell me I am false, or have changed anything to build up one side of this story. Thank you for reading my novel, it is late at work and I am going home for the night. Happy reading

-Tony

P.S. some strong feelings are expressed and some foul langauge used, please do not be offended. We talk as if we would in person, even though it doesnt apply to the proffesionalism of anything or ettiquette, or whatever.

[Modified by Slurp56, 6:46 AM 6/24/2001]

[Modified by Slurp56, 10:59 PM 6/29/2001]
Old 06-23-2001, 07:08 AM

that sucks, i bought an aem from hondasite a while back too.
Old 06-23-2001, 08:50 AM
Corr Performance Pilot

Default Re: Beware of Sohfast.com!!!! (Slurp56)

Yo man. you need to take it easy on the testosterone pills. First of all I aa quoting what Jerome is telling me. So you need to check yourself cause first and foremost I have not gone off on anyone especially not you. If you have any beef you need to take it up with Jerome. Not with me. If you got beef with me then you come and inform me PERSONALLY. Thanks.

If you don't want no static then don't start no static and make shoa that you check what you are typing before you start bashing on someone that has absolutely nothing to do with what Jerome is saying. Thanks again. I'm just a messenger.

Old 06-23-2001, 12:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds to me like this whole thing is fucked up.

All the guy was trying to do was warn us about Sohfast.com... he had a bad experience. Evidentally so have a few others.

I, for one, thank him for coming here and warning us.

Bash or no bash, I know not to do business with him... I don't want to pay for someone elses fuckup. Even if it isn't his fault, I don't want to end up with stolen **** on "accident."
Old 06-23-2001, 02:41 PM
New User

Default Re: Beware of Sohfast.com!!!! (JG Luder)

Look, I am not trying to put the blame on Jerome or anybody for that matter other than myself for not checking the numbers before I bought the engine. All I am trying to do is prevent anybody from going through the same fucked up situation I am going through. It ******* sucks going day to day knowing that if the insurance company wants the engine back they can come and get it whenever they want. I amd not some kind of rich kid who's parents buy him a Type R for his birthday, I work my *** off just so I can have a GSR and those little luxuries like food and rent. Now how the **** I am going to pay for another engine if they come and take it. I am still paying off the loan I got to get this engine and all the other bullshit that went along with it.

Like I said, my whole point of the post was to let everybody know what can happen to you if you don't check your **** out before you buy it. Whether or not Jerome was setup makes no difference to me. All I want is to keep the engine I payed my hard earned money for.

Anyways, I will let everybody know what happens.
Old 06-23-2001, 02:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's what I'm talkin' about.
Again.. good luck!
Old 06-23-2001, 09:38 PM

Yo man. you need to take it easy on the testosterone pills. First of all I aa quoting what Jerome is telling me. So you need to check yourself cause first and foremost I have not gone off on anyone especially not you. If you have any beef you need to take it up with Jerome. Not with me. If you got beef with me then you come and inform me PERSONALLY. Thanks.

If you don't want no static then don't start no static and make shoa that you check what you are typing before you start bashing on someone that has absolutely nothing to do with what Jerome is saying. Thanks again. I'm just a messenger.

I hear what you are saying. I didnt mean to come off as to bad talk you or anyone else for that matter. I think I tried to emphasize that several times in my post, as in the first couple lines I typed. I am sorry if you feel I had it in for you, I do NOT. I dont even know you. Please take what I say as I was talking out my ***. I only know one side of the story. I am going to keep this short, but again I am sorry if I offended anyone, or attacked anyone, it was damn late at work after a 12 hour day/60 hour week and I was tired. might not have been thinking the clearest. Either way, if what I have said offends you please look the other way. I have no beef and I hope you do not have any beef with me, cool? So please lets get this back on topic, if anyone else has experiences with either party, feel free to post them. RevHard GSR. I cannot agree with you more. That is alot of cash to drop on am item to just have it taken away. have you contacted Jerome? I would think with the special attention he would know what he has and if something DID in fact come up stolen, whether it was his fault or purely accident, I would think he would replace it with a legit motor? Anyways, It looks like I have unintentionally caused some damage to this thread so I will leave it at that. I am going to go dry my car before it water spots
Old 06-23-2001, 09:46 PM

Hey MouhadIb,

I just re-read you old post about your message from Jerome. I will edit my 1st post as soon as I finish this one. I read it wrong, it is my fault and I should not have accused you... I apologize. I couldnt figure out why your reply to my post kept pissing me off as I didnt think I didn anything wrong, but I was wrong. Sorry buddy, lets carry on.
Old 06-25-2001, 08:20 AM
New User

Yes I have contacted Jerome, and all he told me is I had nothing to worry about because he bought the engine from the Washington State Patrol as a recovery car. This confuses me. Why is the engine still coming up Stolen if he bought from them? They are the people the F.B.I. contacted to run the serial number. As of now he has not made me any offer to replace the longblock with a legit motor, but we will see if he does. If anyone has gone through this same situation could you please email me, I have a couple questions to ask you about how you handled the Insurance company
Old 06-25-2001, 08:42 AM
New User

Things smell alittle fishy here??? In case you guys don't know they're cracking down and checking VIN's in San Antonio.
Old 06-25-2001, 10:11 AM
Corr Performance Pilot

all goodie dawg. Beers on me.
Old 06-27-2001, 04:55 PM
Dee
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I have been avoiding these Justin/Jerome post for a very long time!....

Hmmmm.... You dick riders and haters who aren't directly connected to this case need to shut the hell up. All you are doing is adding more BS to a case that is already over flowing with ****! I can perfectly understand people who have been directly affected by this situation making comments but you attention seekers need to get a damn life!!

I hope Justin and Jerome can recover from this blemish that will stain their lives forever and I also hope that those people who have lost money/parts will get compensated. I am not going to take sides because it is not going to make a difference for either party.

I will now retreat to watching and investigating!!

[Modified by drealgsr, 9:15 PM 6/27/2001]
Old 06-27-2001, 05:15 PM
New User

Default Re: Beware of Sohfast.com!!!! (drealgsr)

Man....I was thinking of purchasing an engine through sohfast.com too. So let's say I go to a performance shop and have them acquire the engine and install it for me....how do I go about making sure it's not stolen?
Old 06-27-2001, 06:35 PM
Trial User

Default Re: Beware of Sohfast.com!!!! (SOHCit2ME)

if you need a motor, buy it from Jerome...you bet your *** after all thsi attention and w/ the FBI watching him like a hawk everything that is going through his business is 120% legit...I would now say that it is safer to go through sohfast than any other place because of what did happen...

I also want to add that the State police computer databases suck. I have bought a number of theft recovery vehicles and broght them into various states State police for inspection to get new titles for them after rebuilding and on numerous times they have wanted to throw me in jail for possession of stolen vehicles...as the VIN was never cleared from their system after recovery. Its normal to have this happen and it doesn't mean the stuff is stolen....

and the Ins company CANNOT just come take your motor if you bought it from a business. talk to a local lawyer about it, you'll feel better....

davew

Old 06-27-2001, 09:09 PM
New User

Default Re: Beware of Sohfast.com!!!! (davew)

i'm sorry to hear of everyone's bad luck in this whole situation. good luck, and my advise to anyone that might be implicated, get an attorney. People can't talk to the police and attorneys, only attorneys can talk to police and attorneys.
Old 06-27-2001, 09:49 PM
Corr Performance Pilot

It's good to have someone that KNOWS how the law works to lay down some WORDZ of WIZDOM. Thanks D!
Old 06-28-2001, 07:03 PM
New User

a message from Jerome..
Small problem... Justin Thomas at hondasite.com, the 40 car thief (he sold me 6), CHANGED the VIN's and serial numbers from 3's to 8's and therefore EVEN if we and our customers checked, they would have come up legit. In fact, the cops did a check on one of the motors he sold me and it came out legit and LATER after finding out Justin Thomas changed the 3's to 8's, it was then determined it was stolen.

Regards,

Jerome

Is Hondasite still around?? I once ordered a bypass valve from this dude. He sent me the wrong size and it took me 3 weeks, 15+ emails and 10 phone calls to get the correct one. GOod thing is, he let me keep the other one for my trouble.
Old 07-03-2001, 01:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Ok guys, just a comment. Don't be surprised if the cops sell somebody a non-legit motor. There are cops out there (maybe more than you think) that sell the drugs they confiscate, and this type of thing would be no different. Cops just don't get paid enough ya know.

Next, it is BS that motors are being confiscated - I agree. However, when it comes to the FBI, Secret Service (they actually share jurisdiction with the FBI on computer related crimes) they can do whatever they want. I'm sure they could take your whole car if they felt like it. I don't know much about auto theft, but I know about computer crime. If you get busted for something computer related, the FBI or the Secret Service will come in, take everything electronic in your house, and they don't have to give it back. We're talking everything down to your watch and clock radio, not to mention your TV, stereo, etc.

As usual, the Government can make a bad situation 100 times worse, in this case, for the victim too!
Old 07-06-2001, 02:43 PM
New User

Default Re: Beware of Sohfast.com!!!! (EGinNJ)

I'm sure there's going to be some kinda of settlement somewhere about the motors that were sold to Jerome as legit by a 3rd party but turned out being stolen. What's the law on what happens when someone sells you a part that is really stolen but was sold to you as legit?.. Anyone know?
This case is pretty serious since the FBI is involved! Sheesh
According to law, it doesn't matter whether you knew or not. The part is no longer yours, and the original owner has a right to it back.

It's just like if I buy a stereo from a store, then find out it was fenced to them. The cops can take it away, and I'm the one that's out the money. Sucks, but that's life.

[Modified by LnWolf, 6:47 PM 7/6/2001]
Old 07-08-2001, 05:05 AM
Trial User

Default Re: Beware of Sohfast.com!!!! (LnWolf)

please don't explicate "the law" if you don't really know it.....according to the Article 2-403 of UCC as adopted by all states in the US it DOES matter if you had prior knowledge....especially if you bought the stuff from a person in the business of selling goods of the same kind. In this case you are a "buyer in the ordinary course" as defined by article 1-201(9). In such a case, as a good faith purchaser, you get full title to the goods against all previous title holders...and they cannot be confiscated from you by the FBI or Insurance company or anybody else.

davew
Old 07-08-2001, 10:09 AM
Corr Performance Pilot

Hey D.... all those classes and exams are finally paying off huh!

Quick Reply: Beware of Sohfast.com!!!!